• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Vire

I'm enjoying the main story far more than the side missions so far. It was the opposite in Arkham City.
I agree that the side stuff was the best part of AC, but I think the
Penguin and Two Face
side quests are actually quite good in this game I also enjoy a lot of the Riddler puzzles around the world still, the puzzles in
the movie theater and airships are really cool

There are multiple endings?

Does a site have information on what each is?

It's not a path or choice thing. If you beat the game, you get a satisfying conclusion to the game and series, if you the go on to complete the Most Wanted missions, you get part 2 of that ending which just elaborates more on the ending and if you 100% the game, you get the final part which shows the fallout to the ending, serving as an epilogue.

There are multiple endings?

Does a site have information on what each is?

It's not multiple in the implied sense that there's "choice" or a good / bad ending etc.
It's more like a 3 minute cutscene and a slightly extended version.

You don't miss out on anythin, and can youtube it, as nothing is lost.

robotrock

Banned
The rest of the game at least has better interplay between Batman and the Batmobile than the first hour, except for one stretch about 70% through.

I dunno man, the
churchyard, the two Arkham Knight Batmobile boss battles, and the 60 or so drones that showed up outside the GCPD area
made me frustrated like no other.

Neiteio

Biggest surprise: The Batmobile. It's a lot of fun. Well, at least where I'm at right now. Just met up with Robin, who is
working on a cure
. At this point, I'm really enjoying the Batmobile. I thought it was really underwhelming at first, but then I got a better handle on the immobilizers, side-swipes, power slides, dodging, cluster missiles, etc. The destructibility of everything, and dashing one way while sniping down incoming missiles and shooting another way, sandwiched between enemy sights... Good stuff. Kind of overwhelming at times, but it really feels like the situation has escalated to all-out war.

Vire

It's not a path or choice thing. If you beat the game, you get a satisfying conclusion to the game and series, if you the go on to complete the Most Wanted missions, you get part 2 of that ending which just elaborates more on the ending and if you 100% the game, you get the final part which shows the fallout to the ending, serving as an epilogue.
How does that work exactly though? Can I beat the game normally and then finish the sidequest stuff after the credits and then replay the final mission again to see the true ending? Or do I have to redo the whole thing?

Neiteio

There are no missable missions, right? Can I just focus on Scarecrow missions and then do everything else once that's all resolved? Also, I hear the (spoiler)
Batmobile gets destroyed
, but I assume that
it comes back
, right?

How does that work exactly though? Can I beat the game normally and then finish the sidequest stuff after the credits and then replay the final mission again to see the true ending? Or do I have to redo the whole thing?

You can continue playing after you finish the main story.

There are no missable missions, right? Can I just focus on Scarecrow missions and then do everything else once that's all resolved? Also, I hear the (spoiler)
Batmobile gets destroyed
, but I assume that
it comes back
, right?

Nothing is missable :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wait, what's the difference between finishing Most Wanted and 100%? Thought they were the same thing?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I dunno man, the
churchyard, the two Arkham Knight Batmobile boss battles, and the 60 or so drones that showed up outside the GCPD area

I HATED the boss fights.

At least the one where
Arkham Knight is sniping
was different and fun

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Batmobile gets destroyed
, but I assume that
it comes back
, right?

It does, yeah. Very late on though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I dunno man, the
I enjoyed and had no issue with the standard tank battles and I enjoyed the excavator fight. I just didn't like the 7 Cobra Tanks/Cloudburst fight.

Someone made a mod for PC that lets you free roam as other characters.

I like how it took some random guy on the internet a few minutes to make this but Rocksteady couldn't be bothered to include the #1 requested feature since Arkham City

Just tried it, VERY cool. I don't even own the Red Hood DLC but just roaming the streets and killing random thugs as him without the DLC requirement is very cool.

Too bad Rocksteady didn't work this into the base game.

usp84

So from what i understand i should do EVERYTHING and then play the final mission?I just hate to play open world games after the ending.

I have completed the main story. I just don't get how Most Wanted and 100% are separate stats. They're the same thing. I'm at 88.7 right now.

I'd think that rescuing fire fighters, bringing down outpost, turrets, convoys and mines don't count as Most Wanted missions. Just a guess.

Cindro

Has anyone else run into this? I've done 6 of the AR challenges, but when I press left on the d-pad to pull up the AR menu it says I have 0/69 completed.

I'm going to be rather chaffed if it's a glitch, as I was planning on gunning for that 100% ending.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Cool thing about the Leaderboards was that since like %90 of my friends are Gaffers (therefor good), it was fun beating their times in the Batmobile courses and it actually improved my skills quite a bit in a short period of time. Then, The Batmobile content became enjoyable because I had a good handle on everything. They really need to fix that, it makes the game, especially the racing parts, much more enjoyable

I have completed the main story. I just don't get how Most Wanted and 100% are separate stats. They're the same thing. I'm at 88.7 right now.

Each most wanted mission contributes to your overall percent. Completing each most wanted mission will give you 100% game completion. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Zakalwe

Banned
Has anyone got any tops for consistently breaking 100+ combos?

My best so far is 75, playing the first combat AR challenge, so I know the basics.

I'm not using dodge (jumping over) much, more reliant on the basic attack/counters and a steady rhythm. Should I be making use of leaping over enemies more?

Just overheard two Mercs talking about their significant others and one of them was gay. Thought that was pretty cool as well as being pretty fitting given what's happened across the pond today!

Gonzalez

Banned
Just completed the story. I really liked how they handled
The Joker being in this game. At first I was like "Really? They couldn't just leave him out for once?", but having him reside in Batman's mind, making his trademark dark, witty comments on everything you do was fantastic, and the section at the end where you lock him deep in the recesses of your mind was one of the highlights of the game for me.

That was awesome. It literally felt like
Batman was sending Joker's soul straight to hell

Question. How do I get more skins?! I'm PS4 and I have two batmobile skins and 4 batman skins (apparently these are new 52 and exclusive pack skins). Is there a way for me to get more right now?

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying. I said there's a lot of unique content, not a lack of it. The sheer number of transitional moments, surprise occurrences, incidental character moments, character animations (i.e. the hundred different ways Batman scrambles up into the Batmobile), is just astounding. They clearly put in work with this game, and what's more, it feels like they put in a lot of love, as well. :)

Whoops, I meant to say the exact opposite there. There's a lot of unique stuff throughout the main game and in the game world, and that contrasts greatly with, say, the arson side missions.

Future

Anyone defending the bat mobile definitely needs to see the later game content. If I were to review this game immediately after playing some of this I may have forgotten some of the good and be overly harsh

I really loved the overall story but
I just wish they hadn't built up AK's identity to be such a big deal. It's really obvious. They could have just pit it out there earlier in the story instead of being a major reveal. It makes complete sense and is well justified, I just didn't want it to seem like a huge mystery when it was who everyone guessed it would be. It's also basically spoiled by the existence of the Red Hood DLC.

It was so
obvious that I correctly guessed it when they announced it. And then they had to half-lie about it being a new character because it was so obvious!

Regginator

So
Jason Todd/Red Hood
is the Arkham Knight, I think a lot of people called it. I know I did. I'm nearing the main story end where I'm literally playing
a first-person shooter as Joker
, lol.

Top Bottom