• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

adj_noun

Yeah. I just found it at the
movie studios with a puzzle involving Fear Takedowning robots, but it might be at other robot places

I have the riddler synth but I got it from some random one on a rooftop where I beat up robots, so I'm not totally sure.

That said, I (incorrectly) did the one you're on by throwing a freeze grenade at him when he was on one panel so I could stand on the other, while forgetting I could order them around.

Thanks!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Question about a late game gadget/Founders Island Riddler trophy

Do you need to "find" the Riddler's voice before you can use the voice synthesizer on a Riddler bot? I keep trying to order one to move onto a pressure plate and Batman refuses to acknowledge it as a target. I'm pointing the darn voice synth thing right at it!

I have the riddler synth but I got it from some random one on a rooftop where I beat up robots, so I'm not totally sure.

That said, I (incorrectly) did the one you're on by throwing a freeze grenade at him when he was on one panel so I could stand on the other, while forgetting I could order them around.

Man, it feels surprising that this is a Batman game in which you can't comment anything about the story because everything is a shock or super important, it's like Breaking Bad-man.

foxtrot3d

Banned
OK holy shit, this is actually a conversation that just happen five seconds ago with a capture firefighter. Paraphrasing

"I say we do em now!"
"Now? But why?"
"The longer we screw around, the bigger chance of Batman showing up!"
"Ok, what are you thinking?"
"I'm thinking quickly"
"How quick?"
"I thought there was only one quick"
"I'd say there are varying degrees of quickness!"
"Ugh, the more you talk, the more I'm think of whacking you off instead!"

My favorite one from one of the Firefighter's goes something like this, I can't remember it all:

"Please, you don't have to do this."
"You know I've killed a lot of people and they always want to ask why? Well, there is no reason why you're gonna die..."

The way that line was delivered just cracked me up.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What happened? Are you on PS4?

Main story mission, supposed to meet up with the Batwing to get an upgrade, but when I drive up to the marker I just get "Secure area to continue". There's nothing to secure. I've tried reloading the save, restarting the game, clearing out all enemies even REMOTELY close, doing side missions in-between (which work just fine), but nothing. I googled a bit, and apparently I'm not the first with this issue. Doesn't seem like WB has even acknowledged it though. So yeah, fucked.

Yes, PS4.

Wish WB would do something about the Leaderboards being offline. I know it's a small part of the game, but would have been fun tracking my brother's progress with mine and making each other Rivals =/

I'm liking the story so far, outside of the fact that it pretty much uses every trope in Anita's videos. Got to the
airship
and the plot seems a lot less convoluted than Arkham City's so far.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wish WB would do something about the Leaderboards being offline. I know it's a small part of the game, but would have been fun tracking my brother's progress with mine and making each other Rivals =/

Just another broken aspect of this broken-ass game.

(I know it's not generally a broken game, but game-breaking glitches are absolutely unacceptable.)

Stacey

Banned
Just bought the game on psn. Is there an ETA on the leaderboards fix or are they too concerned with the fucked PC version?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Nice weather you have in your clock tower, Oracle.

Venom Fox

Banned
Main story mission, supposed to meet up with the Batwing to get an upgrade, but when I drive up to the marker I just get "Secure area to continue". There's nothing to secure. I've tried reloading the save, restarting the game, clearing out all enemies even REMOTELY close, doing side missions in-between (which work just fine), but nothing. I googled a bit, and apparently I'm not the first with this issue. Doesn't seem like WB has even acknowledged it though. So yeah, fucked.

Yes, PS4.
Feel sorry for you.

Edit: just had a thought, close the game and re open.
When on the load game selection screen, hold L2 and a couple of seconds later backup save should appear instead of your current one.
This save will be from the previous story mission.

Carry on from there and see if that works.
Please let me know if it does so I can tell others!

Jafku

Does anyone have trouble finding riddler informants? My friends game may be gkitched as she can't find any informants at all and no riddler trophies on the map. Any help?

Does anyone have trouble finding riddler informants? My friends game may be gkitched as she can't find any informants at all and no riddler trophies on the map. Any help?

How far are you in the game? I think its a few missions in before the riddler informants start showing up.

neoism

so not sure to ask but im on the first blimp and i was wondering
can i get the riddler thropy where you have to move the big sqaure box thing over where there is a weak floor board... its right at the big room where batman losses his shit.. on the first blimp... or does it blow up where i cant get it after im on the second one....
?? spoiler story mission anyone who has been there do you know please... need to know before i move on cant figure out how to get it?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Feel sorry for you.

When on the load game selection screen, hold L2 and a couple of seconds later backup save should appear instead of your current one.

Hmm, I tried that, but no backup save was appearing. Maybe I wasn't pressing the right button, or long enough (you actually have to hold it?). Gonna try it and report back.

squadr0n

Just started and I'm already at 28% done with the story missions. Is there a certain point of no return with the story missions I should be aware of so I can finish up the side stuff needed for the real ending?

neoism

Yes, PS4.

holy shit :( please tell me what story % you are and what the story mission is... would like to know if im past it or not..

Venom Fox

Banned
Hmm, I tried that, but no backup save was appearing. Maybe I wasn't pressing the right button, or long enough (you actually have to hold it?). Gonna try it and report back.
Yeah you actually have to hold the button for a few seconds for it to appear.

Please do, I really hope I can help!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
holy shit :( please tell me what story % you are and what the story mission is... would like to know if im past it or not..

20%. The mission is
"Rescue Oracle from the Arkham Knight", and the sub-mission is " Rendezvous with the Batwing to equip a new secondary weapon for the Batmobile"

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Feel sorry for you.

Tried, and nope. The backup save is actually just the previous save, not the previous story mission save, and since my game has been saved after I ran into this glitch there's no way for me to get back to a state before it happened. Thanks for trying though.

Game going in the trash. Actually, no, that would be stupid. But I'm gonna see if there's any chance of a refund. Can't deal with this shit.

Tried, and nope. The backup save is actually just the previous save, not the previous story mission save, and since my game has been saved after I ran into this glitch there's no way for me to get back to a state before it happened. Thanks for trying though.

Game going in the trash. Actually, no, that would be stupid. But I'm gonna see if there's any chance of a refund. Can't deal with this shit.

Wanna try shareplaying so i can see the problem?

pots555

Ok, tried to give it a real shot, but the Batmobile is terrible.

Same here. I never thought it could be possible, but I am not enjoying the game. Very surprised because I loved the previous three. The Batmobile is such a pain, especially when the riddler is involved.

I'll take a break and come back to it this summer.

Is the Arkham Knight played by
Troy Baker?
Gosh he sure is getting around the video game world.
That in itself is a spoiler, I have to inform you but to answer your question

Yes, it's him. I knew it was him the minute AK started talking.

Everyone stay cautious of IMDB if you're curious about voice actors because it narrows down the Arkham Knight to one line lol.

I'm sure we all know who is by now anyways...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So I guess I'm just starting over tomorrow, because I DO want to finish it after all. Fucking shit. If this game had any chance of being my GOTY that's definitely out the window now... This and TW3 have both been great disappointments, in different ways. Bloodborne is the only big one that hasn't let me down this year.

neoism

20%. The mission is
"Rescue Oracle from the Arkham Knight", and the sub-mission is " Rendezvous with the Batwing to equip a new secondary weapon for the Batmobile"

sorry man i know da feel i had to wait for over a month for them to fix a game breaking bug in origins.. sucks.... :(

RPGCrazied

I'm sorry for being rude but he only voices certain characters in the game, if it's who I'm certain it is (thanks to you) then it's been spoiled...

Well, even knowing the voice actor I still don't know who it is. Of course I'm not googling Troy Baker to see what he voices. Sorry dude, it wasn't my intention to spoil something as big as that.

Top Bottom