• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

BashNasty

Ok, tried to give it a real shot, but the Batmobile is terrible.

Don't understand the gate the batmobile gets at all. It's extremely well integrated into the game and a blast to use. I think Rocksteady did a great job with the batmobile and the game wouldn't be nearly as good without it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Don't understand the gate the batmobile gets at all. It's extremely well integrated into the game and a blast to use. I think Rocksteady did a great job with the batmobile and the game wouldn't be nearly as good without it.

Yeah, I'm actually really enjoying the Batmobile. Or I did, until the game broke. Now I'm not enjoying anything about it.

Venom Fox

Banned
Two-Face?
It won't be TwoFace then?
Yeah, I actually really enjoy the Batmobile. Or I did, until the game broke. Now I'm not enjoying anything about it.
When you tried the backup save did you hold switch between your backup saves by pressing L1 again?
You have 2 backup saves with backup save No2 being even further behind than No1.

Example: (these are my actual saves)
My latest save is 34%
My Backup save 1 is 33%
My Backup save 2 is 28%

Alienous

It won't be TwoFace then?

I'm not understanding you.

Troy Baker voices a number of characters. But if you think knowing the voice actor of a character is a spoiler then you might want to avoid this thread until you complete the game. Kevin Conroy voices Batman, *gasp*.

Two-Face was too easy
to take down. He shouldn't have been like the rest of the goons around him, and should've had to have been last.

That final bank heist was somewhat tough, though.

One other thing: The Joker is used perfectly here.

I love the small things in this. Especially as I have gone in completely spoiler free.

I was just walking past a building, as you do of course and I heard the following on repeat.

"Solomon Grundy born on a Monday... " full rhyme played.

Freaked me out, I went looking if I could find where it was coming from and found a small room/shrine, a grammar phone and a wanted poster for you know who.

Love it.

squadr0n

I'm already at 28% done with the story missions. Is there a certain point of no return with the story missions I should be aware of so I can finish up the side stuff needed for the real ending?

Two-Face was too easy
to take down. He shouldn't have been like the rest of the goons around him, and should've had to have been last.
That's what I was thinking and then I remembered the final Catwoman mission in AC. So yeah, I prefer the AK treatment.

I'm already at 28% done with the story missions. Is there a certain point of no return with the story missions I should be aware of so I can finish up the side stuff needed for the real ending?
No, knock yourself out. If anything, side stuff unlocks as the story progresses, with some of it only available after you've done some of the last story stages.

Cade

I love the small things in this. Especially as I have gone in completely spoiler free.

I was just walking past a building, as you do of course and I heard the following on repeat.

Freaked me out, I went looking if I could find where it was coming from and found a small room/shrine, a grammar phone and a wanted poster for you know who.

Love it.

Literally just came to ask if anyone else had found it. Super spooky. Best riddle so far.

Venom Fox

Banned
I'm not understanding you.

Troy Baker voices a number of characters. But if you think knowing the voice actor of a character is a spoiler then you might want to avoid this thread until you complete the game. Kevin Conroy voices Batman, *gasp*.
How aren't you following me?
People on the other page said it was a spoiler, Troy voices Harvey Dent/Two Face so that to me would have spoiled a surprise.

Anyway there's a spoiler thread.
This is the OT so get your act together and stop trying to force people out of the OT, which is infact a place to discuss things without them being spoilers.

The guy above has now edited his post, the original was a spoiler by saying the
Arkham Knight is played by Troy Baker

Is there a reason one of the cops is green? Can i interogate him from a Riddle clue? Also, not sure if people are aware but you can shoot between the fences surrounding militia outposts. Helps if you want to thin the herd a bit.

Gonzalez

Banned

Love it.
Oh shit really?

I can't wait to see what the big Easter Egg is that nobody will be able to find at first.

Alienous

People on the other page said it was a spoiler, Troy voices Harvey Dent/Two Face so that to me would have spoiled a surprise.

This is the OT so get your act together and stop trying to force people out of the OT, which is infact a place to discuss things without them being spoilers.

Try not to get up in arms and call people idiots when they recognize the voice of a character, then.

I'm saying for the benefit of your experience you are going to encounter a lot worse in terms of passive 'spoilers' than someone attaching a voice to a name. But whatever, it's your choice.

About this ending business, are the second and third endings consecutive?

Yes, all the endings stack on one another.

The guy above has now edited his post, the original was a spoiler by saying the
Arkham Knight is played by Troy Baker

You are going off on a dude for such a minor detail that you're really coming off as an asshole. The most damage done was you can rule out one character as being the Arkham Knight. Not a big deal. Acting like this somehow ruined the whole story is a bit much.

Are you guys telling me Goon B, who was freezing his balls off in Arkham City and would like to go for a ride in the batmobile, isn't the Arkham Knight? Whoa.

Is there a reason one of the cops is green? Can i interogate him from a Riddle clue? Also, not sure if people are aware but you can shoot between the fences surrounding militia outposts. Helps if you want to thin the herd a bit.
The green is not a glitch. Try doing what you usually do to green guys.

What do you guys think about no nipples on the batsuit
The way it should be.
The nipples totally fucked the suit's high velocity profiling and made Batman slower. It took Lucius and Kord Industries six months to figure it out.

Seriously, bat-nipples are dumb.

So in order to do the last riddler mission I need a new gadget, in order to get this do I need to focus on the main quest or get it some other way?
You can pick the item any time but the story will eventually steer you to it if you haven't picked it up before.
Check the GCPD evidence room.

Venom Fox

Banned
Try not to get up in arms and call people idiots when they recognize the voice of a character, then.

I'm saying for the benefit of your experience you are going to encounter a lot worse in terms of passive 'spoilers' than someone attaching a voice to a name. But whatever, it's your choice.
He edited his post, it was a spoiler (Or not because Apparently the arkham knight isn't Twoface)

You are going off on a dude for such a minor detail that you're really coming off as an asshole. The most damage done was you can rule out one character as being the Arkham Knight. Not a big deal. Acting like this somehow ruined the whole story is a bit much.
How am I coming off as an asshole? I thought the character had been spoiled.
It's simple isn't it, if something is spoiled that you've been playing hours to find out then it's fucking annoying.

It's funny how you two gang up and go on at me, but neither of you seen the un edited post.

Alienous

So in order to do the last riddler mission I need a new gadget, in order to get this do I need to focus on the main quest or get it some other way?

The second thing.

There's a heavily detailed building in the game, one that you come back to often, that you should take the time to explore.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I will never not be amused at how shocked those thugs appear to be because somebody chains bodies to a wall.

"Have you heard there is somebody who chains bodies to walls? That's so fucked up!
Anyway, let's continue helping this "Scarecrow" build a fear-toxin bomb to kill thousands of people!"

He edited his post, it was a spoiler (Or not because Apparently the arkham knight isn't Twoface)

How am I coming off as an asshole? I thought the character had been spoiled.
It's simple isn't it, if something is spoiled that you've been playing hours to find out then it's fucking annoying.

It's funny how you two gang up and go on at me, but neither of you seen the un edited post.

You went off on a guy discussing a voice actor, one that is well know for doing multiple voices not just in the Batman games, but in games in general. It's a far cry from talking about story details or developments. Telling the guy to use the spoiler thread to discuss a voice actor is incredibly ridiculous.

If a voice actor is enough for you to freak out and think the story was spoiled for you, maybe you should avoid the internet all together until you beat the game.

Just tried remote play on the Vita, controls are absolute garbage. I expected better, or not, "mandatory" remote play yet devs never give a moments thought to make decent controls.

Love it.

Yeah that was cool. Theres also a cool nod to John Constantine "paranormal detective".

Akai__

What are you supposed to do in front of these Riddler things, where it says you have to use the Batmobile Forensic Scanner?

Venom Fox

Banned
You went off on a guy discussing a voice actor, one that is well know for doing multiple voices not just in the Batman games, but in games in general. It's a far cry from talking about story details or developments. Telling the guy to use the spoiler thread to discuss a voice actor is incredibly ridiculous.

If a voice actor is enough for you to freak out and think the story was spoiled for you, maybe you should avoid the internet all together until you beat the game.
Wow, you aren't listening are you?
He spoiled the Arkham Knights VA and a few others told him it was a spoiler, he since edited his post to make it look like he was asking if it was the right VA.

What other characters apart from them two that I now know, does he voice in THIS GAME?

End of discussion anyway, I don't understand what my problems with something seemingly being spoiled have to do with you?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Question about a late game gadget/Founders Island Riddler trophy

Do you need to "find" the Riddler's voice before you can use the voice synthesizer on a Riddler bot? I keep trying to order one to move onto a pressure plate and Batman refuses to acknowledge it as a target. I'm pointing the darn voice synth thing right at it!

Yeah. I just found it at the
movie studios with a puzzle involving Fear Takedowning robots, but it might be at other robot places
If you haven't gotten this yet,
I'm pretty sure you get it from the first robot you defeat after getting the voice synthesizer. I got it by destroying the robot at, I assume, the spot you were at.

Alienous

What are you supposed to do in front of these Riddler things, where it says you have to use the Batmobile Forensic Scanner?

I haven't tried it yet, but apparently it's Battle Mode + Up on the D-Pad to activate the scanning thing. There's supposed to be tracks you follow that lead you somewhere, or something, I think.

It stumped me too.

Akai__

I haven't tried it yet, but apparently it's Battle Mode + Up on the D-Pad to activate the scanning thing. There's supposed to be tracks you follow that lead you somewhere, or something, I think.

It stumped me too.

I misunderstood you. What if I don't see any tracks?

Haha (mid-game sidequest spoilers)
So I was approaching one of the Penguin vans, about to knock on the door, when the thug said "If the Bat was here right now, right outside this van, I'd beat the crap out of him" or something like that. Don't think so buddy!

Haha (mid-game sidequest spoilers)
So I was approaching one of the Penguin vans, about to knock on the door, when the thug said "If the Bat was here right now, right outside this van, I'd beat the crap out of him" or something like that. Don't think so buddy!

Whenever I hear a goon talking shit about how they'd take me, I go out of my way to land in front of them and kick their ass. I'm really vindictive.

Top Bottom