• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

so they had to redo the fmvs for a one year old game, just for that?

That's what I was told. Nintendo and their family friendly image. But I dunno how much WB was PRESSURED into it.

The only reasoning I can see behind it is that Nintendo thought Batman Arkham city should be a family friendly game, when it shouldn't be.

But hey, it's just hearsay.

That's what I was told. Nintendo and their family friendly image. But I dunno how much WB was PRESSURED into it.
Weird. Besides the cleavage. Cat woman's combat animations alone would make any parent pause. And they throw around a lot of bitches and the game overall is quite dark and skirts M rating like the whole game.

Hope the cinematics aren't prerecorded. So weird that AC cutscenes were 30fps on pc.

masterkajo

Is this game Steamworks?

I know it doesn't use GFWL and there are some Nvidia codes that activate on Steam but what about GMG or retail?

Looking forward to playing it even though I almost forget about it until this thread.

Is this game Steamworks?

I know it doesn't use GFWL and there are some Nvidia codes that activate on Steam but what about GMG or retail?

Looking forward to playing it even though I almost forget about it until this thread.
AFAIK, it's Steamworks.
GMG is selling Steam codes.
My guess is retail is Steamworks, too.

Oh god the writing is cringeworthy. It definitely lacks some of the charm of the Rocksteady games, going from this youtube walkthrough. Still looking forward to receiving my preorder.

The city feels lifeless.
No civilians, no cars driving around. But thugs on rooftops :p
This is supposed to be Gotham City, right? Not a fenced off area like Arkham City?

Biochet

This is out here in Dubai - i just went to get a copy of Beyond Two Souls and saw this next to it - is it me or has there been ZERO hype about this game? i didnt even know it was coming out.

If anyone here is in UAE then Game Street have this on both 360 and Ps3 for sale now.

Thanks for the heads-up.

framerate sucks and there's tearing everywhere.
anyone with a decent enough pc, should play the game on it, even if that means playing it at 720p.

Screen tearing is a pet peeve of mine, but i've sampled parts of the linked youtube video and so far i haven't seen any noticeable cases of tearing, could you point me towards some non-spoilery examples in the video? Btw, B:AC on PS3 has screen tearing too, but as far as i remember it's only at the very top of the screen when you're gliding around town, so i only noticed it if i was specifically looking for it.

Kiant

The city feels lifeless.
This is supposed to be Gotham City, right? Not a fenced off area like Arkham City?

Yeah it is; the majority of Gotham I think, tbh the reason for that is more the limitation of the systems - PS3 and 360.

According to the game's official forums the Batman One Million suit unlocks upon signing on using your WBID and you can unlock the Red Son Batman outfit for the game by getting/obtaining 10 Batsuits in the IOS game.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/The-Benefits-of-WBID/m-p/13#U13

Fixed that, since the Android version still has no release date and just a generic coming later. So if you're on Apple have fun, on anything else and it probably won't be out till you're done with Origins.

Ephemeris

This has an "Asylum" feel to it.

I like it.

Asylum feel and City mechanics? Could this be the one to end the debate about which is the best?
rejoice.png

Damian.

Banned
Is this game Steamworks?

It is Steamworks. eBay is your best bet for a good deal, the Nvidia codes go for between $20-$30. I got a code for $19 a couple months ago and it is activated on my Steam account.

This "Nintendo made them do it" conjecture is stupid. More likely WB themselves decided the WiiU skewed more family and wanted to hit its market. Nintendo were trying to paint the WiiU as an AAA multiplat contender and asking them to remove a little bit of cleavage would've singlehandedly destroyed that if it came to light.

The city feels lifeless.

They specifically set the story during a snowstorm on christmas night in order to avoid having to render civilians and cars driving around. It's a concession to old hardware, but i appreciate the fact that they at least try to explain it away in-universe.

Eusis

This "Nintendo made them do it" conjecture is stupid. More likely WB themselves decided the WiiU skewed more family and wanted to hit its market. Nintendo were trying to paint the WiiU as an AAA multiplat contender and asking them to remove a little bit of cleavage would've singlehandedly destroyed that if it came to light.
Poison Ivy seemed to be left alone anyway going by a Youtube video, so it's possible that either WB had different standards for playable characters, they had some backlash from somewhere, or it was simply a result of going for an armored design; you may be able to explain away leaving it partially unzipped as a tightsuit, but for armor that doesn't work out as well.

These Batman games are so weird for me. I had a great time with both of the previous titles, and I'm sure I would with this one too, but none of them made me want to rush out and pick them up on day 1. I was late for AA, and way late on AC, and I'll end up being late on Origins as well for no good reason. IDK what it is, but these games don't tickle my pre-release hype muscle. I just hope this one is about as good as the last 2 so that I have a great time in 6-8 months and wonder why the hell I waited so long to buy it.

Tsukumo

Asylum feel and City mechanics? Could this be the one to end the debate about which is the best?

the detective case files they've shown on GTTV looked quite violent in their reconstruction: for example, it's only seen for a brief moment but there's a gruesome sequence of a guy getting bludgeoned. Lots of gory details, CSI-style, about the way they represent the injuries suffered from the victims and the animations used to show their deaths. Some disturbing shit.

bryanee

I think I'll be avoiding this thread now, I don't want to run into any spoilers some one might post without actually blacking them out.

Ephemeris

the detective case files they've shown on GTTV looked quite violent in their reconstruction: for example, it's only seen for a brief moment but there's a gruesome sequence of a guy getting bludgeoned. Lots of gory details, CSI-style, about the way they represent the injuries suffered from the victims and the animations used to show their deaths. Some disturbing shit.

I saw a sample of this at E3. Mapping a helicopter's crash trajectory, where the shot was fired, etc.

Gonna be loving this.

lucius

So I am playing the iOS game and unlocked two suits and the one WB says you can unlock in the game after I logged in, do all suits that you unlock in this mobile game show up when you buy the main game or is it only some of them?

Ephemeris

So I am playing the iOS game and unlocked two suits and the one WB says you can unlock in the game after I logged in, do all suits that you unlock in this mobile game show up when you buy the main game or is it only some of them?

I believe they have their own unlock system. If you check out the options in the iOS app they tell you had the mobile app and the console game link up.

zainetor

Banned
Screen tearing is a pet peeve of mine, but i've sampled parts of the linked youtube video and so far i haven't seen any noticeable cases of tearing, could you point me towards some non-spoilery examples in the video? Btw, B:AC on PS3 has screen tearing too, but as far as i remember it's only at the very top of the screen when you're gliding around town, so i only noticed it if i was specifically looking for it.

go to 1:41:20 and see from there. That point has no spoilers, it's just him Flying over town.

YOu can stop after a minute.

zainetor

Banned
That's the worst part, the audio even hitches, it's saving. Most of the time it doesn't seem that bad.

it continues even after the save is done and talking about saves, they surely take a lot.
I dont remmber if AC on console was the same.

lucius

I believe they have their own unlock system. If you check out the options in the iOS app they tell you had the mobile app and the console game link up.

Ok I see it now, you can even unlock things from console to the mobile game supposely, the stamina bar was making me wait but thankfully it just auto refills as time goes by.

Psykoboy2

The city feels lifeless.

It's Christmas Eve and at some point in the playthrough a voice on a loudspeaker is telling all citizens of Gotham to stay indoors (blizzard). So, there's context, at least, for having an empty city.

Santar

That's some serious stuttering on the ps3 version, even the sound stutters. Very disappointing after Arkham City ran fine on ps3.

Sojgat

it continues even after the save is done and talking about saves, they surely take a lot.
I dont remmber if AC on console was the same.

AC constantly saved in the open world like that, but it never had those performance issues. It might hitch on a grapple every now and then, but not like that. Kind of disappointing, hopefully it's not a frequent occurrence.

Top Bottom