• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the most confidence in eisenberg and affleck in this film.

it's gadot and mamoa i'm not sure about yet. and also whether cavill can play a great kent now that he's hiding in plain sight.

i have the most confidence in eisenberg and affleck in this film.

it's gadot and mamoa i'm not sure about yet. and also whether cavill can play a great kent now that he's hiding in plain sight.

Until WB tells me otherwise, Mamoa is not in this movie. I won't get hyped/disappointed for no reason until it's official.

As for Cavill, his scene at the end of the film, talking to the General, was a great start to Boy Scout Superman/Smallville Clark that I wish we had more of.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Until WB tells me otherwise, Mamoa is not in this movie. I won't get hyped/disappointed for no reason until it's official.

As for Cavill, his scene at the end of the film, talking to the General, was a great start to Boy Scout Superman/Smallville Clark that I wish we had more of.
My money is he's barely at the end

jackdoe

It'd be amazing if he actually looked like that, just to see the meltdowns.
It would be pretty funny. But Zack Snyder has already shown that he would pretty much faithfully recreate two Frank Miller Batman Costumes and a pretty comic accurate Wonder Woman costume so I have very little doubt that Jessie will pretty much be comic book accurate Lex (at least by the end of the movie).

It would be pretty funny. But Zack Snyder has already shown that he would pretty much faithfully recreate two Frank Miller Batman Costumes and a pretty comic accurate Wonder Woman costume so I have very little doubt that Jessie will pretty much be comic book accurate Lex (at least by the end of the movie).
Shave his head and get him a tailor and he'll look the part. In terms of performance I'm using Rosenbaum as a point of reference.

I do wonder if Snyder will move over and do the Batman solo stuff himself and hand off MoS2 to someone else.

Whoever handles it, I hope they focus on good fight choreography and a decent bat suit. Batman films should also play up his detective skills, something that nolan and burton's film hardly touched.

inm8num2

I took a couple of fan photoshops and tried to make the color scheme as bleak as possible. :p

MoS2ISE.jpg

ReR5HYp.jpg

inm8num2

The 'bald or not bald' debate might be spicier than the one about Gadot's build.

Joking aside, I wonder if the first peek at EisenLex will come in a few months? I figure that if there's a short teaser trailer this holiday, Luthor could narrate it.

theWB27

I'm pretty high on Jesse and his acting. Have yet to be disappointed by any of his films. He's going to deliver on Lex.

I'm also thinking it's going to be Ben who directs his solo Batman.

I'm pretty high on Jesse and his acting. Have yet to be disappointed by any of his films. He's going to deliver on Lex.

I'm also thinking it's going to be Ben who directs his solo Batman.

That's the most logical decision. The man won a damn Oscar for best picture, he'll be involved in some aspect (if WB was smart).

I'd like to see Lex start out as a rational person at the start of the film and just go slowly insane, either tearing out his hair or losing it in clumps. Whatever Snyder does, he should make sure to highlight Luther's obsession with superman, it's almost as bad as Joker and Batman.

theWB27

That's the most logical decision. The man won a damn Oscar for best picture, he'll be involved in some aspect (if WB was smart).

I'm sure Ben discussed that with WB. He did sign a multi-picture deal. So I wouldn't be surprised if he does his solo effort and the Justice League movie too.

I'd like to see Lex start out as a rational person at the start of the film and just go slowly insane, either tearing out his hair or losing it in clumps. Whatever Snyder does, he should make sure to highlight Luther's obsession with superman, it's almost as bad as Joker and Batman.

That, to me, is how Lex should always be depicted.

I'm sure Ben discussed that with WB. He did sign a multi-picture deal. So I wouldn't be surprised if he does his solo effort and the Justice League movie too.

Depending on how well BvS goes, I'd like to see Snyder see it through and do Justice League.

the film should lead up to an epic surf battle between Batman and Superman

f6_102865_0_WorldsFinestComics36.jpg

Been there, done that.

I'd rather have him on JL than solo films. Team films are mostly about visual impact and I think Snyder has that down better than character and plot development.

I'd rather have him on JL than solo films. Team films are mostly about visual impact and I think Snyder has that down better than character and plot development.

See, everyone brings shit like this up as if it is solely the director's fault for those issues. Goyer wrote MoS, from a story by him and Christopher Nolan. Yeah, the guy everyone loves helped develop the story we got. Snyder, at worse, has visual ticks (used to be slo-mo, now it's handy cam zoom in) that are annoying or even physically sickening for some people.

My issue with BvS is that Goyer is still in charge of the story. Thankfully, Snyder is also developing/developed the story, and Chris Terrio is writing the screenplay. At worse, it'll be a logical mess with good dialogue/pacing. BvS will improve on MoS.

And hey, this isn't a rant on Schweinehund, just in general

suaveric

What I don't understand is why Lex is in charge of a very google-like business in BvS. MoS already implied that a very large, industrial version of LexCorp was up and running. I don't understand how these two things fit together.

What I don't understand is why Lex is in charge of a very google-like business in BvS. MoS already implied that a very large, industrial version of LexCorp was up and running. I don't understand how these two things fit together.

I don't think they said he'd be in charge of a google-like business, just that he'd be based more on a modern type of CEO that you normally find at places like google. At least that's the speculation.

suaveric

I don't think they said he'd be in charge of a google-like business, just that he'd be based more on a modern type of CEO that you normally find at places like google. At least that's the speculation.

I'm pretty sure all the leaks from that LexCorp set said it was a very google/Facebook feel. Indoor office basketball court included. It's possible that they'll just gloss over the fact that LexCorp seems to own a lot of trucks for being a tech company.

I'm pretty sure all the leaks from that LexCorp set said it was a very google/Facebook feel. Indoor office basketball court included. It's possible that they'll just gloss over the fact that LexCorp seems to own a lot of trucks for being a tech company.

That could just be his managing style, emphasizing that he's a young, modern type of CEO. Just because he has a basketball court in his office doesn't mean he has to run an internet company.

That could just be his managing style, emphasizing that he's a young, modern type of CEO. Just because he has a basketball court in his office doesn't mean he has to run an internet company.

This. Plus, there's the old comic book excuse of "subsidiaries". I remember in B:TAS there would be an episode where, say, a cosmetics company was robbed, and it would almost always be "Looks like Wayne Cosmetics was hit last night". Like, how many subsidiaries does Wayne Enterprises have?!

.GqueB.

Banned
How else would they transport all of their techs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom