• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addy117

Neo Member
I remember in B:TAS there would be an episode where, say, a cosmetics company was robbed, and it would almost always be "Looks like Wayne Cosmetics was hit last night"

I chuckled at this. and yeah, sounds like Eisenberg is reprising his persona from the social network sans the internet company

I can't believe some people are complaining about the teaser.
movie is 2 years out and they have barely been filming for a month, that teaser was hype as hell already.

High heels or tall as hell?

Ben-Affleck-Henry-Cavill-Gal-Gadot.jpg

I don't think they said he'd be in charge of a google-like business, just that he'd be based more on a modern type of CEO that you normally find at places like google. At least that's the speculation.

Yeah, Richard Branson is the rich business-owner that's been namedropped by Snyder, specifically.

Yeah, Richard Branson is the rich business-owner that's been namedropped by Snyder, specifically.

Richard Branson is the best kind of insane. The man more or less spends his money how we would (private island, trying to start commercial flights into space, etc).

I'm cool with a Lex like that. Make him seem totally likeable, then pull the rug out from under us.

oh fan "art"...

You mean "manip!"

But yeah, the idea that the smiling "good" CEO that people like to use when they're arguing that rich people aren't ALL sociopaths concerned with nothing but money and power - is actually EXACTLY that? That will be the first such onscreen interpretation of that character. Should be interesting to see how its played.

Frog-fu

Banned
Is anyone still holding out hope the name of this will be changed to World's Finest, ala The Hobbit? Dawn of Justice is a pretty terrible name.

Is anyone still holding out hope the name of this will be changed to World's Finest, ala The Hobbit? Dawn of Justice is a pretty terrible name.

The bought a domain name, they released a banner image of said name, it's in their teaser video, etc etc.

The fact it's written down and marketed shows it won't change. Aside from Jackson talking about the original name, then changing it, I don't think it got farther than that. WB is commited to it.

MisterHero

It's not World's Finest. Wonder Woman is in it even though her name isn't in the title.

I'd think Trinity is an alright name but it's also the name of worst 52 issues of comics DC ever printed.

Newlove

That picture of Jesse with long hair was on set of another film. Someone brought that up on GAF before and multiple people said its not on the BvS set.

I don't mind the new logo. It'll do but it's the one thing holding the new suit back (from what I've seen of it ) from being the ideal Batsuit.

Never been a fan of the yellow oval, I know it's iconic but it never held any water for me. My favourite symbol is the one used on the Batman Begins suit, not the one used for marketing. It's like the Jim Lee Hush logo. Perfect Batman symbol for me.

I assume this bothers you with Iron Man, Hulk and Thor to an extent as well.

It kind of does actually, i tend to dislike a movie when it over uses cgi as most cgi comes off as looking extremely fake and unrealistic to me. I wasn't the biggest fan of the original Iron Man (storyline issue particularly when it came to the final battle... but then most Marvel movies seem to be bad in that regard).

The cgi in The Avengers took me out of the film and was one key reason why i did not enjoy it (as well as script and pace issues). When it was cgi with cgi it looked ok (particularly when Hulk was battling other cgi elements) but when the cgi meshed with human elements it looked unrealistic. My eyesight is fine by the way.

There was one sequence in Spider-man 2 that looked super realistic and was convinced that they filmed it as is with stunt doubles and such. I saw a making of the movie special AND the scene in question was green screened with only the actors the "real" elements, i was shocked and disappointed.

It saddens me that when a film resorts to using cgi as it can quite often remove realism from the film.

IconGrist

It kind of does actually, i tend to dislike a movie when it over uses cgi as most cgi comes off as looking extremely fake and unrealistic to me. I wasn't the biggest fan of the original Iron Man (storyline issue particularly when it came to the final battle... but then most Marvel movies seem to be bad in that regard).

The cgi in The Avengers took me out of the film and was one key reason why i did not enjoy it (as well as script and pace issues). When it was cgi with cgi it looked ok (particularly when Hulk was battling other cgi elements) but when the cgi meshed with human elements it looked unrealistic. My eyesight is fine by the way.

There was one sequence in Spider-man 2 that looked super realistic and was convinced that they filmed it as is with stunt doubles and such. I saw a making of the movie special AND the scene in question was green screened with only the actors the "real" elements, i was shocked and disappointed.

It saddens me that when a film resorts to using cgi as it can quite often remove realism from the film.

A lot of these movies don't seem to be your taste. CGI is sort of a necessary evil when it comes to the top guys for both Marvel and DC. Practical effects can't really showcase them at their best.

I do agree that using CGI where CGI wasn't needed can be irritating. A lot of the times if I spot it that becomes what I think about instead of the actual scene.

Alienous

So you were taken out of the movie because the 9ft giant green man-monster didn't look quite right?

I've never understood that complaint. I just need the bare minimum of believability to enjoy CG, particularly in a film about superheroes vs. aliens.

So you were taken out of the movie because the 9ft giant green man-monster didn't look quite right?

I've never understood that complaint. I just need the bare minimum of believability to enjoy CG, particularly in a film about superheroes vs. aliens.

Surprisingly i thought the Hulk design was fine, it was when there were other things on screen it took me out of the movie. I'll need to re-watch it soon to list everything.

The Matrix is another that i couldn't put in the realm of believability..... as a video game sure..... as a movie or something that could occur in real life, no way.

But some of my favourite movies may have had "worse" effects according to some people (the stop motion animation in Terminator, Robocop etc) but i ate it up and enjoyed it. For me practical effects / trickery is ok, computer animation not so much.

Bit-Bit

So you saw the film and was convinced that it was real, then you saw the making of and saw that it was fake. This made you sad because of some stupid abirtrary reason? Shouldn't you be happy that the film was able to fool you? And besides, how do you expect them to make any modern day super hero movie without CGi? It's because of CGi that we're able to get these amazing movies.

Surprisingly i thought the Hulk design was fine, it was when there were other things on screen it took me out of the movie. I'll need to re-watch it soon to list everything.

The Matrix is another that i couldn't put in the realm of believability..... as a video game sure..... as a movie or something that could occur in real life, no way.

But some of my favourite movies may have had "worse" effects according to some people (the stop motion animation in Terminator, Robocop etc) but i ate it up and enjoyed it. For me practical effects / trickery is ok, computer animation not so much.

but the Matrix was a computer program....

So you saw the film and was convinced that it was real, then you saw the making of and saw that it was fake. This made you sad because of some stupid abirtrary reason? Shouldn't you be happy that the film was able to fool you? And besides, how do you expect them to make any modern day super hero movie without CGi? It's because of CGi that we're able to get these amazing movies.

Eh i'd be happy with more traditional film techniques over cgi'd rubbish :). That was a key reason why i felt The Punisher (2004) was one of the better comic book hero movies in recent times.

Look at someone like Christopher Nolan that uses CGI to aide the story along rather than over saturating the screen with computer generated imagery like a Michael Bay in the Transformers movies.

The cgi used in the Spider-man trilogy aside from one sequence in Spidey 2 that "fooled me" was too animated to the point where you could see it was computer generated rather than true life.

I feel that the flying sequences seen in Superman and Superman 2 were better (even though they were done with physical trickery) than the cgi laden flying sequences in Man of Steel. If they improved the camera angles and stopped the shaky cam it might be an improvement (or it'll look even more fake :-/).

but the Matrix was a computer program....

so you're saying we're all stuck in a computer program right now ? dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom