• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This thread is everything I hate about GAF. Such a great place but this particular aspect is utterly ridiculous!

He's not getting ready to shoot anything, they're burning red the entire time.

It could just be for effect. There's been stills in the comics where Supes' eyes are glowing red because of his heat vision, and it's mostly just because it looks cool. Remember these are movies based on a visual medium where sometimes just having something look cool trumps canon.

Tabby

Sorry if I missed this, but did they mention why this movie is taking so long to make if they've already started shooting?

I think it's because since they're shooting BvS and Justice League back to back, they want to get the casting, contracts and everything nailed before they start.
They haven't even filmed a lot.
That's my guess anyway.

"We want Wonder Woman!"
"Here you go!"
"Not that Wonder Woman!"
"Gah!"

And around and around it goes with this character.

I'd be happy if the movies didn't all take place on at least one or all Gears of War levels. I feel like that should happen first before they even start to worry about who's playing who.

Which movie will have the sexier men: Avengers 2 or BvS?

umm, its not ever fair

fanboyism2013-10-27-13h17m53s132.png

fanboyism2013-10-27-13h17m33s192.png

8db1e0ec546b9f934d742b5e8e9440ef.jpg

Dahbomb

Yeah they really need to tone down whatever filter they were using to mute the colors.

Judging by the WW pic it doesn't seem like Snyder has learned on that front.

DMczaf

Don't worry guys, I'm almost finished with my new tumblr where I fix all of Zack Snyder's coloring mistakes. They should have just hired me to direct this, ugh.

ReiGun

Begins had some pretty vibrant colors. I'd like it if BvS went for something similar to that aesthetic; seems like a nice compromise between the washed out look and something like Avengers.

xaosslug

The perfect actress everyone wants for Wonder Woman doesn't exist. You can find plenty of guys who can emulate the big, beefcake body that superheroes have in the comics, but the reality is that in real life, women having bodies like Diana does in the comics is not universally appealing. So you can cast a big buff female bodybuilder or fitness model and have a lot of more casual fans think she looks like a freak, on top of likely being a bad actress, or you can cast a good actress who is probably too short and will look silly coming up to Superman's shoulder no matter how fit you get them to look. The tall, buff but not too buff, great actress doesn't exist in Hollywood. At some point you are going to have to make concessions.

ever since she went brunette for Hunger Games I've been partial to JLaw being THE actress to handle this role.

oh well, DC/WB stay failing.

DMczaf

I'm also in the pre-vis stage of digitally replacing Gadot with this fitness chick I found on Instagram. She's perfect for the role.

xaosslug

JLaw as WW? No, quick trying to cram her into everything. I love her profusely but she's too young/young looking for Wonder Woman.

but they want to go young with her, like Andrew Garfield in SM. Do people really think if a standalone WW gets off the ground, Gal Gadot will be playing her? hahaha!

theWB27

but they want to go young with her, like Andrew Garfield in SM. Do people really think if a standalone WW gets off the ground, Gal Gadot will be playing her? hahaha!

This isn't casting for just the MoS vs movie. Why do you think they're going to cast Gal now and then ditch her later? This is DC getting the universe off the ground. hahaha -_-!

Uh ...yeah? They're not gonna recast Wonder Woman for her solo film

Though if she's a flop performance there goes our hope of ever seeing a standalone Wonder Woman movie in the next decade or two

So I hope she's great but I doubt she will be, fingers crossed

She's the same age as Charles, who we see graduate from grad school(?). So mid to late 20's.

They'd be in their early 30s in DOFP since it's 10 years after First Class, not that it matters for a character like Mystique who can change her appearance and effectively stop aging.

Gal Gadot made news for that three picture lowball contract she signed, including a standalone Wonder Woman movie, months ago.

Jennifer Lawrence is a pretty lousy call for Wonder Woman, really. Not just because she's already tied up in both Hunger Games and X-Men as well as whatever arthouse stuff she's doing with David O. Russell until the end of time, but because her onscreen presence and demeanor, as well as her look (even with brunette hair) just doesn't translate to Wonder Woman.

I'm a big fan of hers, but it'd be the 21st century equivalent of putting Dean Cain in the Superman suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom