• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman & Superman will have their in-costume conflict by the halfway point, I'm pretty sure.

there's no way this isn't the basic template for a superhero team-up. Superheroes meet. Superheroes are distrustful. Superheroes tussle. Superheroes realize they're FIGHTING THE WRONG ENEMY. Superheroes team-up.

Batman & Superman will have their in-costume conflict by the halfway point, I'm pretty sure.

there's no way this isn't the basic template for a superhero team-up. Superheroes meet. Superheroes are distrustful. Superheroes tussle. Superheroes realize they're FIGHTING THE WRONG ENEMY. Superheroes team-up.

This is literally the cover of their first team up

Superman-Vol.-1-76-1952-Cover.jpg

Yup. Look what happened with Godzilla.

I think that was more a problem of most people having a pretty solid misconception of how Godzilla movies traditionally play out. If you go into a Godzilla film expecting Monster Wrestlemania, you're more than likely going to be disappointed.

But on the other hand, you've got that v. right there in the title. So if those two don't add the ersus at some point, yeah, people are gonna call bullshit.

Nicktendo86

Re-watched man of steel last night, it is definitely not as bad as some people say. My wife thinks it had too much action/not enough story (she loved superman returns BTW) but I feel almost the opposite. I dunno, good if unremarkable IMHO.

Mariolee

Re-watched man of steel last night, it is definitely not as bad as some people say. My wife thinks it had too much action/not enough story (she loved superman reruns BTW) but I feel almost the opposite. I dunno, good if unremarkable IMHO.

You thought Man of Steel didn't have enough action?

BadAss2961

I get the feeling the whole movie will be in Metropolis and we won't really see Gotham (plus Gordon and the rogue's gallery) until Batman's solo movie.
Gotham should be featured well. The Superman pic they revealed appears to be Gotham, so does the teaser. If they continue going in the direction of The Dark Knight Returns, the Batman/Superman fight itself will happen in Gotham.

Gotham should look unreal, so a lot it will probably be built in studio.

Nicktendo86

Yeah I would bet it starts in metropolis (crossing over with the end of mos) and moves to Gotham later. Surprising how little we actually know (or maybe not considering how far away it is).

Affleck looks great as Wayne, imposing as hell. I'll definitely be rooting for Batffleck to kick the reckless mass-murdering alien's ass in the movie.

SJRB

Gold Member
I hope a big part of the movie will take place in Gotham, I want to see what Snyder does with it, visually. Nolan nailed a good Gotham look in Batman Begins, but kind of dropped the ball with TDK[R].

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Opening the movie with Zod's invasion from Bruce's perspective would be awesome.

Zack/Terrio pls.

If this does open with the Zod fight in MoS, this is a very clever way of setting up the dynamic that's always existed between the pair. By the end of MoS Superman has basically sided with the government and the government believes they can control him, but Batman believes that superman is uncontrollable and goes against the government.

Alienous

Opening the movie with Zod's invasion from Bruce's perspective would be awesome.

Zack/Terrio pls.

If they do that, I'll accept that the script is written by people much, much smarter at it than I am.

It would be a really good way of using a flaw of the last film to drive this one forward. Bruce on a business trip seeing Metropolis getting wrecked and doing some heroic shit (I love nothing more than Batman having to be Batman without the cowl).

Then perhaps Bruce could team up with LexCorp in rebuilding the city, and conflict ensues.

If this does open with the Zod fight in MoS, this is a very clever way of setting up the dynamic that's always existed between the pair. By the end of MoS Superman has basically sided with the government and the government believes they can control him, but Batman believes that superman is uncontrollable and goes against the government.

Wait wut

At the end Superman literally says he's doing things on his own terms, not the government's

Mariolee

You guys are going to be disappointed when it's revealed this is a wholly separate sequence taking place in the present and not a flashback.

IconGrist

Superman tells Swanwick twice. In the interrogation room:

"You're scared of me because you can't control. And you never will. But, that doesn't mean I'm your enemy."

At the end after spiking the drone:

"I'm here to help but it has to be on my own terms. And you have to convince Washington of that."

I don't get how the military finds it so hard to obtain his identity whereas all Lois Lane had to do was ask the guy who worked at IHOP

I bet superman threw him in space after the Zod fight

Penguin

Seems like Bruce is in his mid-40s, which makes more sense than being in his 50s.

"We’ve been through this I don’t know how many times already. Every time a director makes a creative, out-of-the-box-thinking decision on casting, it tends to get this. I remember even the ‘Iron Man’ (2008) guys got it on Robert Downey Jr. initially. Of course, we got it intensely when another genius, Chris Nolan, chose Heath Ledger to play the Joker (in 2008’s ‘The Dark Knight’). And it was a huge outcry: ‘How can a guy who just played a gay cowboy (in 2005’s ‘Brokeback Mountain’) play the Joker? You’re going to destroy the greatest villain ever, this is going to be a laugh.’ “So, this has happened time and again, and it happened with Affleck. To go back to the original thought of Bruce Wayne in his mid-40s, I think he’s going to be extraordinary."

http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/arts/2014/08/10/michael-uslan-looks-back-batman/13788007/

Though he may not know exacts

Lord Fagan

I don't get how the military finds it so hard to obtain his identity whereas all Lois Lane had to do was ask the guy who worked at IHOP

Because the alternative is the dumbest Pulitzer Prize winning journalist in the history of speculative narratives. Plus, the military can't look like they have a one-up on the Warner Bros. Space Jesus. I mean, a "grounded" world of costumed vigilantes and godlike metahumans is one thing, but c'mon, son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom