• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I really hope that's not true.
It suggests the conflict between Batman and Superman is not resolved by the end of the movie.

What I took from that quote is that the ending has been filmed but that scene described there is not necessarily the ending.

Blader

or
I'd lean more towards conflict is resolved, Batman steals it, Alfred asks why and says something like "you can never be too careful"
but the source is an extra from the set so meh

That was my take on it too.

And does seem to set up
Doomsday as the villain for Justice League.

IconGrist

I guess
I'm just not a big fan of kryptonite. I much preferred the "atmosphere" take on it. Especially since wouldn't the materials worn by the Kryptonians have the same effect as Kryptonite?

strafer

Yeah right, that comes from an extra who probably won't get to know shit they are doing, just because of "leaks" like this.

Its a fake ending.

strafer

And some more Ben

ben81314-_8.jpg

ben81314-_7.jpg

ben81314-_6.jpg

ben81314-_5.jpg

ben81314-_4.jpg

ben81314-_3.jpg

And Amy

amy81314-_3.jpg

amy81314-_5.jpg

DaveH

Amy Adams can be absolutely stunning and was adorable in the interrogation scene, but the rest of the film (and these shots) are generally unflattering (there are some better ones on some other sites).

I don't believe the prevailing theory that the Bruce Wayne photos we've seen are a flashback to the Black Zero Event. I'm comforted that Amy Adams is on set with Affleck tends to support proof of my theory.

Amy Adams can be absolutely stunning and was adorable in the interrogation scene, but the rest of the film (and these shots) are generally unflattering (there are some better ones on some other sites).

I don't believe the prevailing theory that the Bruce Wayne photos we've seen are a flashback to the Black Zero Event. I'm comforted that Amy Adams is on set with Affleck tends to support proof of my theory.

I believe they are actually two separate shoots. Ben from the weekend and Amy more recently. Sorry.

I appreciate that Amy Adams has some really "Hollywood" glamor shots, and also looks like a "real" woman in more candid shots.

The movie having a flashback sequence was a pipedream at best.

DaveH

I believe they are actually two separate shoots. Ben from the weekend and Amy more recently. Sorry.
I agree they're different shoots, I guess I should have said "same setting." Ben was shooting at the same-ish location just a day prior, so I'm inclined to believe their scenes are tied together... though it could be by a time-skip, I suppose.

Vice

I guess
I'm just not a big fan of kryptonite. I much preferred the "atmosphere" take on it. Especially since wouldn't the materials worn by the Kryptonians have the same effect as Kryptonite?

In several versions the destruction fo Krypton made Kryptonite dangerous. It became irradiated in the explosion/as it flew through space.

Loxley

One would assume they're shooting Affleck from the waste-up, no point in having him run take after take in dress shoes if we're not going to see his feet.

Dahbomb

Nah I think Ben Affleck looks amazing in that shot too. But he does look like he's had a bit too much to drink. Maybe it's the redness in his face showing up.

I visit this thread every day to get my daily crack dose of hype. Every pic released I am imagining the scenario based around it. I am trying too hard not to get too hyped over this movie but it's damn near impossible... it's fucking Batman VS Superman!

Have we ever had a comic book super hero VS battle movie like this before? I was trying to think of something but couldn't come up with anything substantial.

Affleck talking to Entertainment Weekly about taking the role. Basic stuff we've heard a little already. I will be bolding the part I thought was the most relevant.

Say the word “Batfleck” to Ben Affleck and it turns out he’ll laugh.

"Before I took the role, Warner Bros. gave me a bunch of past reactions to casting and said, “Are you sure you want to get into this? This is part and parcel of these movies now. There’s a lot of active fans with a lot of opinions.” To me, having been through a certain amount of that, it doesn’t really… Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I wouldn’t have taken the part if I didn’t trust my instincts in terms of the filmmaking. I think Chris Terrio wrote a terrific script. Zack’s a great visual director. And there’s an interesting take. I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think I could do it. I have the benefit of a lot of that understanding."

I dunno. I read between the lines there, and I see a guy who has a considerable amount of control behind the camera, even if he's not actually directing the picture.

Chris Terrio wrote a terrific script. Zack's a great visual director.

Note who is not mentioned in the first sentence, note the qualifier placed in the second.

BadAss2961

Affleck talking to Entertainment Weekly about taking the role. Basic stuff we've heard a little already. I will be bolding the part I thought was the most relevant.

I dunno. I read between the lines there, and I see a guy who has a considerable amount of control behind the camera, even if he's not actually directing the picture.

Note who is not mentioned in the first sentence, note the qualifier placed in the second.
Ben is well respected and has a lot of pull now. With all his recent success and winning best picture, from the moment he was brought in, him having a lot of control was obvious.

I'm glad Ben sees what Snyder brings to the table, because he probably could've had him tossed aside along with Goyer.

It seems that what you've been saying all along is what happened. Hopefully the concern trolling about those aspects of the film stop, as that was obvious for awhile.

Dead

well not really...yet
Yeah, I called that day one.

lol at not even name dropping Goyer. Sounds like the script was totally re-written.

Movie will be rad. Snyder and Benaffleck will deliver the best Batman ever put to screen. :bow

lol at not even name dropping Goyer. Sounds like the script was totally re-written.

Movie will be rad. Snyder and Benaffleck will deliver the best Batman ever put to screen. :bow

I feel bad because as much shit that Man of Steel gets, I've always personally loved it. I thought it was a great origin story and was appreciative how serious his lore was taken. However, I've always maintained that it had major flaws, primarily with the script. So just having this confirmed makes me sigh a sigh of relief. I'm feeling very confident about this movie. Now my worries are primarily reserved for the overall universe.

Blader

Is the implication that all of the non-visual elements of the direction are going to be not great then?

Raptor

One thing is for sure, Snyder will put the most badass looking Batman ever, that dude can make a steamy turd look badass if he wanted to.

Jigorath

Banned
Oh Goyer, hopefully he's being shut out from the creative team as much as possible. Disappointing thing is I just know he's directing one of the upcoming DC movies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
hype is rising with every pic, im sure the first go around will be amazing just because....superman batman , same screen! I wonder how Lex will fit into this.

Maddocks

Goyer is getting shut out more and more with WB's long term plans. He had the comfort of Nolan to back his play, but since Nolan is out for the franchise, the need to please him is gone. So with that Goyer is slowly, getting tossed.

Once Goyer is done with sandman, WB will no longer see his value and then marvel can have him for a blade remake.

jett

D-Member
Goyer is getting shut out more and more with WB's long term plans. He had the comfort of Nolan to back his play, but since Nolan is out for the franchise, the need to please him is gone. So with that Goyer is slowly, getting tossed.

Once Goyer is done with sandman, WB will no longer see his value and then marvel can have him for a blade remake.

Marvel really is where he belongs.

Halcyon

I was so against him as Batman but started to warm up to it and after seeing him in suit and as Bruce Wayne im excited as hell.

I knew from the start that he would be a great Bruce/Batman physically. Everyone was freaking out and my response was "He's tall, has a strong jaw, has dark hair, a thick build, will get ripped, why is there this much outcry".

Internet is gonna internet.

He has this basic look down to a T

I'd really love for this movie to do well, for DC's sake, but this thing screams of desperation:

Who would have thunk that Captain America pushes a movie about Batman and Superman, with Wonderwoman and Aquaman to boot.

Yikes!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'd really love for this movie to do well, for DC's sake, but this thing screams of desperation:

Who would have thunk that Captain America pushes a movie about Batman and Superman, with Wonderwoman and Aquaman to boot.

Yikes!
Probably becuase it makes sense business wise?

Penguin

Yikes!

Oh man

I'm happy they moved the release date
It means 6 less weeks of these pointless sidetracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom