• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezan

We should start a post counter.

See how many posts we go before we get back into Gadot being wrong for the role.

Or them not aping Marvel enough.

Or this being a mess/bloated/trainwreck
You can see my previous posts i am a dc guy and loved MOS. I know they were trying to go for athletic look but its not working for me

strafer

tumblr_naxe6935Dy1qhj0e4o1_250.gif
tumblr_naxe6935Dy1qhj0e4o2_250.gif

tumblr_naxe6935Dy1qhj0e4o3_250.gif
tumblr_naxe6935Dy1qhj0e4o4_250.gif

DaveH

Even without sound (at work), that video has me grinning ear to ear. :)

Edit: In case anyone was wondering, during the events of MoS, Lois wore a pantsuit and jumpsuit, so her costuming here is not an indication of a BZE-period flashback even if the top is somewhat similar.

Halcyon

I still can't believe someone actually looks that much like Superman should look.

I'm hoping we get more character development for him in whatever future iterations he plays superman. He almost felt like a side character in MoS and he spent a good amount of time scowling.

Loxley

I'm almost positive the suit's painted on muscles were added to give the costume more definition once the filters and color-correction is done in post-production. It looks silly with a normal camera, but I'm sure it'll look fine on-screen.

I'm almost positive the suit's painted on muscles were added to give the costume more definition once the filters and color-correction is done in post-production. It looks silly with a normal camera, but I'm sure it'll look fine on-screen.

The fake abs just seem too prominent

Sorta surprised with all the amateur costume designers just itching to bust out photoshop whenever a new image from this movie is released, nobody's actually tried to add filters to the photo to see if it actually DOES look better in different lighting.

Maddocks

Sure they mean no stupid jokes like

"He's adopted" or "I don't see how that's a party"

Yes, I picked two jokes from the avengers, because well, those jokes are pretty bad and well, stupid.

I'm sure the movie will have some humor in them.

Mariolee

Sure they mean no stupid jokes like

"He's adopted" or "I don't see how that's a party"

Yes, I picked two jokes from the avengers, because well, those jokes are pretty bad and well, stupid.

I'm sure the movie will have some humor in them.

Was Man of Steel's joke its script?

Was Man of Steel's joke its script?

was pretty bad but i'm still much cooler with that than avengers script.

best balance of humor in a comic book movie for me was spiderman 2. followed by xmen dofp. neither went overboard but they still had humorous scenes. and none of the jokes fell flat.

guardians was pretty damn good in this department too, but it leaned more towards comedy than drama. not that there's anything wrong with that.

jett

D-Member
A silly article. MoS is a very heavy-handed movie, but there are some jokes in there. And the article mention this himself, but there are several jokes in Nolan's Batman movies.

Zod put up a better fight than Ronan.

it works out

I really liked GotG but that part really stuck out as a sore thumb for me. I legit thought

Thanos would swoop down and finally claim an Infinity Gem + demonstrate the worf effect, instead we got some hidden potential + team spirit trope and Thanos still has done nothing in 9 or so movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom