• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GqueB.

Banned
I thought "He's adopted" was funny...

I also don't think it was written as a joke either.

Yea I'm surprised to hear that mentioned. That line got a great laugh in my theater. Delivered really well too. I just hate jokes that sell out a scene ie: "Let's get some shawarma."

"He's adopted" was a great line. Have fun with your humorless superhero movies whoever is into that (though I suspect that rumor is made-up satire).

Tabby

"He's adopted" was a great line. Have fun with your humorless superhero movies whoever is into that (though I suspect that rumor is made-up satire).
Well I'm weird, I'd rather have a superhero movie without humour than a superhero movie with forced unfunny jokes.
Most of the time the jokes don't even fit with the tone of the scene.

Maddocks

I think it's a dumb line,"He's adopted" didn't fit for me. Felt forced to me, but that's just me.

"I don't see how thats a party" was unneeded. We know a alien invasion is happening, we know stark is bringing something big. Did she really think he was bringing party supplies or something, why did they play it straight? Rolled my eyes at that line.

Man of steel has stupid lines too, "I think he's kinda hot" didn't need it, should have tossed it.

I don't see how pointing out two terrible to me jokes discredits the whole movie. I like the avengers movie, except for the first 45 minutes. I like the man of steel movie too. Both have faults and both have great highs.

jett

D-Member
The adopted line was pretty funny. The party line doesn't work because it's delivered by one of the worst high-profile actresses currently working in Hollywood.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
ok can we stop talkin bout Marvel jokes. Look at this pic instead:

Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-Of-Justice-Henry-Cavill-Suit-Comparison-Man-of-Steel.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
There's something seriously wrong with his neck in the right pic. The longer I stare the weirder it gets haha.

Did Snyder explain what we were supposed to be feeling during this scene? Because all I felt was rage at the dumbassery unfolding infront of me.

I think Goyer may have father problems...

Given the amount of post-production and filters all this footage will go through I wouldn't worry about it too much.

^Yeah, the suit isn't really made to look great when taken from a phones camera in broad daylight. It should look fine on film.

Effect

Going to repost what I said in the other thread about the no joke rumor.

I see this as issue of tone. Where the films will have a tone similar to the Batman films, Man of Steel. Those still had humor in them. However they weren't "jokey" films. The difference between say Guardians of the Galaxy which I see as more jokey and light film and Captain America 2: The Winter Solider which was more serious in its tone while still having humorous moments. This makes far more sense then "no jokes" at all. No film has ever been treated as being completely devoid of humor unless it's a documentary.

The humor has to make sense in context of the film. They aren't making comedies is another way of looking at it. There will be no Batman & Robin type films either.

Blader

I think it's a dumb line,"He's adopted" didn't fit for me. Felt forced to me, but that's just me.

"I don't see how thats a party" was unneeded. We know a alien invasion is happening, we know stark is bringing something big. Did she really think he was bringing party supplies or something, why did they play it straight? Rolled my eyes at that line.

Sarcasm, how does it work

It's a bad line (or rather, badly delivered) but they weren't playing it straight.

Maddocks

Sarcasm, how does it work

It's a bad line (or rather, badly delivered) but they weren't playing it straight.

No matter how much you pretend it was sarcastic, she said it straight. That was my problem with it. Because it was a dumb line, said straight, delivered worse.

From a poster on a certain other forum, who (grain of salt) worked as an extra on multiple scenes, in response to the "no jokes" rumor.

I want to point out times when I pop up in the scenery in the future, maybe, so I wouldn't want to get hit with a lawsuit so I will never say anything that happened while I was directly on set for UNTITLED WB MOVIE. However, there's nothing from stopping me from talking about what -other- people have told me.

I haven't heard a single shoot that wasn't full of death or destruction in some way. Wait, I take that back, there were some setup hotel and formal scenes. Although I wouldn't be surprised if those got shot up or something.

One definitive scene spoiler in these boxes, the rest vague descriptions.

There is some sort of dream sequence where Batman sees Superman taking over the planet, complete with "Superman troops" and such in the totalitarian Superman rule.

Multiple on screen deaths, including stabbings, etc.

Collateral damage all over the place.

Every action the heroes takes results in collateral damage, including Batman. If someone beats up someone or does something "heroic," you see the after - effects later.

So, from everything I've heard and not seen because I can't say what I've seen, this movie is even more "serious" than MoS, and continues in the themes of that + TDK trilogy, in that superheroes pose an inevitable problem for the world, even if they can be a necessity.

From a poster on a certain other forum, who (grain of salt) worked as an extra on multiple scenes, in response to the "no jokes" rumor.

I'm going to exercise some restraint and just assume that all that is false, because if it isn't, it would be the hokiest, bash you over the head nonsense I've seen in a movie since MOS skull mountain

G-Fex

Remember the "Aquaman has been giving those guys on the oil refinery a hard time cause they're polluting the waters" thing that people tried to pitch as real along with other shit in Man of Steel

I guess it's easier than writing fan fiction, just write a few sentences hinting at what would happen.

Most superhero comics are humorless? Maybe if you all you read is shitty 90's comics.

can't remember the last time I chuckled in a Superman issue. hell even a spiderman issue. or X-Men. can't remember any laughs to be had during Avenger VS X-Men or Civil War or Infinite Crisis or Final Crisis. I can remember one bit in Batman after he came back and set-up Batman, Inc. where he was on an online forum posting fake rumors about Batman. that was funny. anything you want to point me to?

It was pretty funny when Black Adam killed psycho pirate during IC. I enjoyed kyle and wally and plastic man in 90's JLA. Shazam has been funny lately in JL. Batman even made a pun joke when the JLA fought a vampire.

jla_99_5.jpg

G-Fex

Henry's hair in that picture reminds me of one of those ventriloquist dummies.

in fact he looks like a dummy in that suit

The GCPD should of been all black like the Taxi car

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/...ire-trucks-be-hint-on-fire-trucks-not-red.htm

What About Black-and-White Police Cars?

See a black-and-white car on the highway and you're likely to instinctively slow down. Why? Because black and white have been associated with police cars since the '30s and '40s, and it's hard to erase the connection. In recent decades, though, many townships have switched to solid color cars such as black. How do they rate, safety-wise?

"The problem with black is it blends in with the background very well, day and night," Solomon said.

Many cities are now actually switching back to black and white, a move that pleases officers but may not be the best safety move.

"I think they're great," said Gilbert, Arizona police Sgt. John Lyle of their recent decision to bring back the black and white colors. "They grab people's attention. For me, personally, it does have some historic value. That's what I grew up knowing as a police car. There's no doubt when people see a black-and-white car, they know what it is."

I had a few design concept classes for college, so I had to learn this shit :p

can't remember the last time I chuckled in a Superman issue. hell even a spiderman issue. or X-Men. can't remember any laughs to be had during Avenger VS X-Men or Civil War or Infinite Crisis or Final Crisis. I can remember one bit in Batman after he came back and set-up Batman, Inc. where he was on an online forum posting fake rumors about Batman. that was funny. anything you want to point me to?

So now we're looking for comics that make you laugh. I can't help you with that as I don't know you.

That being said I'm pretty sure everything you listed has at least some humor in it, even if most of what you listed is big crossover events where the situation is particularly serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom