• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

how much bigger did he need to get?
christian-bale-batmanphys.jpg

url

I mean, he was quite a bit bigger in Begins than the other two and even then, his profile was perfectly svelt in a suit. He was far from a body builder, and far from the pervailing image of a 6'2 barrel chested human weapon.

We've had "normalized" Batman's, we haven't had the comic Batman.

Hopefully the final product will be less like the end of Man of Steel where Supes just puts on glasses at the end and more about Cavill's performance on convincing us this is 2 separate people.

Going by what you said they will have (bigger clothes, messed up hair), I'm expecting something like this
sketches.jpg

My bad, man. I thought you'd seen the Superman pictures. I'm sorry for getting so stern.

I would love it if Terrio/Snyder aped the scene in Birthright where Martha basically helps Clark develop his "alter ego" - slouching posture, baggier/looser clothes to hide his physique, wearing glasses to dull the color of his eyes, etc.

Bonus points if they get Lois in on it.

- J - D -

This was just a knee jerk reaction guys.

Only Clark pic I've seen

Looking closer at it, it is slightly different but...
... judging from what I've seen (not how it will be) ..slicked back hair, tall buff dude compared to slicked back hair, tall buff dude with no glasses isn't fooling anybody. (In that Clark shot is hair doesn't look all messed up)

Hopefully the final product will be less like the end of Man of Steel where Supes just puts on glasses at the end and more about Cavill's performance on convincing us this is 2 separate people.

Going by what you said they will have (bigger clothes, messed up hair), I'm expecting something like this
sketches.jpg

My bad, man. I thought you'd seen the Superman pictures. I'm sorry for getting so stern.

I would love it if Terrio/Snyder aped the scene in Birthright where Martha basically helps Clark develop his "alter ego" - slouching posture, baggier/looser clothes to hide his physique, wearing glasses to dull the color of his eyes, etc.

Bonus points if they get Lois in on it.

A lot of this I feel is owed to Chris Reeve and the original film, particularly regarding the posture.

gnqwmv.gif

Effortless, and convincing.

Why Batman must be some sort of bodybuilder nowadays ? I really miss the Michael Keaton vibe...

"nowadays"? the fuck? Where have you been for the past 40 years of comic books dude? Batman has ALWAYS been massive, I for one am stoked that they are finally going for a full blown comic book physique.

Bale was big and bulky in begins, but in Dark Knight and Rises he definitely slimmed down quite a bit, but it suited the story so it was fine (he wanted to be more flexible, as he was more confident to go out without the full blown bullet protection of the begins suit)

Keatons Batman was admittedly before my time, it was definitely something I think you had to be around for to really appreciate, I've never really liked those movies, they are so far removed from the actual core of the Batman mythos, instead replaced with Burtons own perverse interpretation of the character.

As Kevin Smith once put beautifully

Tim Burton: "..Anyone who knows me would know that I would never read a comic book, especially not one by Kevin Smith."

Kevin Smith: "Really? Well that explains 'Batman'."

Hyun Sai

"nowadays"? the fuck? Where have you been for the past 40 years of comic books dude? Batman has ALWAYS been massive, I for one am stoked that they are finally going for a full blown comic book physique.
Chill out, I talking obviously talking about the movies, the ridiculous steroids-like of many comics characters is well known for a while...

As a result, Ben Affleck face is ugly as fuck due to the weight gain. Dat double chin, holy shit...

lmao that's a troll move to the maximum. i hope they throw that in the film.

it would serve as a great introduction to lex luthor as well. kevin spacey could have pulled off that scene. i think zuckerberg-esque luthor could do that too with some changes to the lines.

Odoul

I actually hope that story doesn't make it into the film.

While it's interesting, I was hoping more for the DCAU Lex.

Morally ambiguous, maybe even amoral.

But he really does see himself as a good guy.

Mentally torturing random waitresses just seems so petty and beneath him.

\/\/ Though I will say it would be a pretty ballsy way to reintroduce Lex to audiences.

I bet it'll be both. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if what we see BEFORE we hit that diner is a montage of Lex doing good deeds as a benevolent CEO would. Opening a building, patting a poor child on the head, giving a keynote speech at a children's hospital. And then, after that long, exhausting day of philanthropy, he tells Mercy to pull over so he can have a relaxing dinner at this quaint little diner...

jett

D-Member
I mean, he was quite a bit bigger in Begins than the other two and even then, his profile was perfectly svelt in a suit. He was far from a body builder, and far from the pervailing image of a 6'2 barrel chested human weapon.

We've had "normalized" Batman's, we haven't had the comic Batman.

The anatomy of comic book characters is retarded.

Even if calling things you don't like "retarded" was still a thing people did, describing the anatomy of say, Jim Lee or John Romita Jr or Leinil Francis Yu or Stuart Immonen with the term doesn't really make sense.

I mean, yeah, someone like McFarlane or Liefeld draws people ridiculously, (or Ed McGuinness) but there's quite a few examples of artists drawing superheroes in a way that isn't patently goofy.

jett

D-Member
Even if calling things you don't like "retarded" was still a thing people did, describing the anatomy of say, Jim Lee or John Romita Jr or Leinil Francis Yu or Stuart Immonen with the term doesn't really make sense.

I mean, yeah, someone like McFarlane or Liefeld draws people ridiculously, (or Ed McGuinness) but there's quite a few examples of artists drawing superheroes in a way that isn't patently goofy.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Comic book characters the likes of Superman and Batman usually look absolutely ridiculous and would never translate to live action, unless you cast a meathead roid-addict the likes of Brock Lesnar.

FTF

Joker confirmed?

I seriously expect Snyder to tease the Joker, he wouldn't resist it

hmm, you're right…a sequel to this in say 2018 would mark 10 years since Ledger/TDK and that would probably be long enough for them/WB to be ok with bringing the Joker back.

Ahasverus

The question is, will Snyder continue with the Superman movies or will he jump to Batman? I think Affleck's direction suits Batman better, but everything could happen.

The only thing that's confirmed is that he's doing Justice League. Nothing else.

Kinda hard to wrap my head around that when I think about it. Imagine that fuckin trailer.

plz no joker until the third movie.

It's really hard to follow his act, I'd prefer them to go after characters that haven't been covered (well). Clayface, Freeze, Deadshot (Suicide Squad), Firefly, Hush, Court of Owls should all have a turn. A mystery film with Clayface + Hush would be amazing. I'm hesitant to throw in Deathstroke because if they ever do a Teen Titans movie, he should be theirs.

IconGrist

The only thing that's confirmed is that he's doing Justice League. Nothing else.

Kinda hard to wrap my head around that when I think about it. Imagine that fuckin trailer.

The trailer for JL? If that was first put in front of some shitty movie I had no interest in seeing I would still pay just to see the trailer. Then leave.

Penguin

The trailer for JL? If that was first put in front of some shitty movie I had no interest in seeing I would still pay just to see the trailer. Then leave.

Well if the rumors of filming back to back are true, I would put the first teaser/trailer at the start of Batman V Superman

IconGrist

Well if the rumors of filming back to back are true, I would put the first teaser/trailer at the start of Batman V Superman

I don't know if they would put it in front of the movie. Maybe after the credits. Didn't Marvel do a similar thing with an Avengers teaser at the end of Cap: TFA? But who knows, it's possible.

Sheroking

How do you put a teaser ahead of the movie. Wouldn't that definitely spoil the movie you're about to see to some degree?

Post credits scene, exactly like Captain America: The First Avenger.

WB seemingly has registered the website domains for WW, JL, Aquaman and Shazam

They redirect to WB's website.

Looks to be legit, whois information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
MarkMonitor, the Global Leader in Enterprise Brand Protection

Domain Management
Online Trademark Protection
Online Channel Protection
AntiPhishing Solutions
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Data in MarkMonitor.com's WHOIS database is provided by MarkMonitor.com
for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. MarkMonitor.com
does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree
that you will use this Data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this Data to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or
solicitations via e-mail (spam); or (2) enable high volume, automated,
electronic processes that apply to MarkMonitor.com (or its systems).
MarkMonitor.com reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.
By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Registrant:
Domain Name Administrator
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank CA 91522
US
Email Masking Image@warnerbros.com +1.8189777900 Fax: +1.8189773135

Domain Name: shazammovie.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Administrative Contact: