• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauhaus

Banned
Kyle > Guy > John > Hal

Facts only.

GLNG002EMPIREzurenarrh019.jpg

I think him playing Jon Stewart or Lex Luthor would look kind of silly. He is probably a good deal bigger than both Cavill and Affleck. Somebody that is supposed to be a big, giant brute would work.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://screenrant.com/batman-vs-superman-martian-manhunter-aquaman-rumors/

the “Amazons” of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those “ancient Kryptonians” who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries.

just rumors but meh.

Blader

Tying in the Amazons' origin to the Kryptonian backstory is a neat idea, but lol @ making Wonder Woman - of all characters - inherently weaker than the male lead.

BadAss2961

The Rock could be Cyborg rofl.
Ha. It's a fit, but I don't think they'd bother with Cyborg in a film.

Going by some rumors, it seems like Doomsday might be the big threat in Batman/Superman. Rock could definitely play him, but it could be a missed opportunity to use a star like that for such a role instead of a character like John Stewart that has much more of a future. But then again, to have a massive Green Lantern who's obviously bigger than Batman and Superman?

I don't know.

suaveric

Batman On Film, the original source of this Wonder Woman/Kryptonian rumor, is fairly connected to people at Warner Bros. That doesn't make this 100% true, but he's rarely just taking shots in the dark.

ReiGun

Tying in the Amazons' origin to the Kryptonian backstory is a neat idea, but lol @ making Wonder Woman - of all characters - inherently weaker than the male lead.

Wonder Woman's power level in relation Superman is one of those no win situations. Make the gap between them too big, and WW fans rage; make it too small, and Supes fans get pissy.

I'm more perturbed at the fact that tying WW's origin into Superman moves her from being magic and into the realm of scifi. If they are indeed using this to test the waters for her having a solo film, it's going to be tough justifying her enemies as Greek gods and mythical monsters if she and her people are just bootleg Kryptonians. Unless they intend to "Thor" it by saying the gods are aliens from another dimension. But ya know...I've never really liked that, and in this instance, I would like if they used WW to introduce magic into the universe. Especially considering that's her unique place in the Trinity: Supes is scifi, Bats is pulp/crime noir, and WW is fantasy with everyone making occasional dips into each others' spaces.

BadAss2961

If a Wonder Woman solo movie happens, Faora is the best choice for villain. Regardless, I doubt we've seen the last of her.

I don't think the Amazons = Kryptonians thing is going to happen.

whats that even mean, of all characters? all characters, man or woman, are weaker than the male lead (superman) anyways.

I hope The Rock is Martian Manhunter. That would be amazing. Then get Idris for GL >_>

The Amazonians being Kryptonian is actually a great idea. I could swear I actually suggested this on GAF at some point, but I've already bullshitted so many DC movie ideas that I don't know any more.

Part of the reason that Wonder Woman has been considered "unfilmable" is because of the Greek mythology stuff. It's hard to pull that off in modern cinema (See Clash of the Titans remake, that other movie Henry Cavill was in), and especially hard to mix with much more generally accepted characters like Batman and Superman who don't gel with Greek mythology.

This fixes everything. Cleanly. You can even have the gods exist. Zeus, Ares, Hades, and such were just their day's Superman. And it works believably with the Man of Steel universe. Fuck, they can even explain the magic truth lasso. Kryptonian interrogation technology remaining from the ship that landed on earth. It even works in feeling unique enough to differentiate it from Thor's sci-fi explanation.

Wonder Woman being weaker is... It's just weird that they would come out and say that like it's a good thing. Kind of demeaning. But, I think I get what they're saying? Kryptonians have been breeding with humans for centuries and the bloodline gets watered down eventually. Or maybe since Clark was a "natural" birth he's more powerful or something. I don't know. I can rationalize it, I guess. It's not like it would be any more interesting if she was just a female Superman minus a few superpowers. But Wonder Woman has to have something to bring to the table.

Batman is this genius and master strategist.
The Flash can essentially slow time (Going by the idea I gave earlier)
Green Lantern can materialize stuff with his mind.
Superman... is Superman.
Fuck, even Aquaman is king of the sea.

What does Wonder Woman bring if she's just "Not quite as strong as Superman." That lasso isn't gonna cut it. Warrior experience might help a little, but still... She needs something that she's the best of.

Batman On Film, the original source of this Wonder Woman/Kryptonian rumor, is fairly connected to people at Warner Bros. That doesn't make this 100% true, but he's rarely just taking shots in the dark.

Rarely? Jett always takes shots in the dark. BoF makes shit up so many times to make it seem like he's still connected and still relevant and then backpedals when it turns out he's wrong. Sure he's been right about a few things but generally he's been wrong way more, especially as time has gone on and better/more reliable sites have popped up.

BadAss2961

Superman... is Superman.

What does Wonder Woman bring if she's just "Not quite as strong as Superman." That lasso isn't gonna cut it. Warrior experience might help a little, but still... She needs something that she's the best of.
The lasso's a big asset... She can also be a telepath with the ability to communicate with animals as well. In addition to being in Superman's ballpark physically, she's a goddess of war type in that she excels in leading large groups in battle.

And sometimes you just need a woman.

The lasso's a big asset... She can also be a telepath with the ability to communicate with animals as well. In addition to being in Superman's ballpark physically, she's a goddess of war type in that she excels in leading large groups in battle.

And sometimes you just need a woman.

I thought Faora-Ul manhandling Superman was a perfect test bed for Wonder Woman. The speech she gave Superman about being a superior warrior felt like it was screaming goddess warrior. As powerful as Superman was, having someone with a lifetime of more knowledgeable combat skills to go with their strength was a handful for him.

ReiGun

Being the best warrior and fighter on the team has always been Wonder Woman's thing, alongside (let's face it) being the woman. Like others have said, sometimes you need someone whose really strong and actually knows how to fight.

Her other thing is...being the team magic expert with an arsenal of enchanted weapons and connections to the DCU's magic realms....... (._. )

And if he's not a hero, I'm betting the Rock will be whoever the secondary villain of the film is. Probably Metallo.

G-Fex

The Amazonians being Kryptonian is actually a great idea. I could swear I actually suggested this on GAF at some point, but I've already bullshitted so many DC movie ideas that I don't know any more.

Part of the reason that Wonder Woman has been considered "unfilmable" is because of the Greek mythology stuff. It's hard to pull that off in modern cinema (See Clash of the Titans remake, that other movie Henry Cavill was in), and especially hard to mix with much more generally accepted characters like Batman and Superman who don't gel with Greek mythology.

This fixes everything. Cleanly. You can even have the gods exist. Zeus, Ares, Hades, and such were just their day's Superman. And it works believably with the Man of Steel universe. Fuck, they can even explain the magic truth lasso. Kryptonian interrogation technology remaining from the ship that landed on earth. It even works in feeling unique enough to differentiate it from Thor's sci-fi explanation.

Wonder Woman being weaker is... It's just weird that they would come out and say that like it's a good thing. Kind of demeaning. But, I think I get what they're saying? Kryptonians have been breeding with humans for centuries and the bloodline gets watered down eventually. Or maybe since Clark was a "natural" birth he's more powerful or something. I don't know. I can rationalize it, I guess. It's not like it would be any more interesting if she was just a female Superman minus a few superpowers. But Wonder Woman has to have something to bring to the table.

Superman... is Superman.

should've used my idea Lionel, where Dr. meridian chase from Batman forever was actually Wonder Woman

Wiktor

Isn't that's how she is in comic books though? Weaker than Supes, just more well trained?

I wonder....what did they do with Zod's corpse?

I wonder if the military will analyze his DNA or physiology to try and replicate Kryptonian DNA?

mjc

I wonder....what did they do with Zod's corpse?

I wonder if the military will analyze his DNA or physiology to try and replicate Kryptonian DNA?

Or Superman took care of the remains. Threw them into the sun or kept them to test himself. (Which would be kinda weird I guess)

I've got a feeling The Rock is gonna be John Stewart. Denzel is getting too old for it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom