• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanee

No thanks to the Amazonians being Kryptonians. I really do hope that is bullshit. One of the best things about Wonder Woman and the Amazonians is the connection to Greek mythology and everything that brings to the table.

I wonder....what did they do with Zod's corpse?

I wonder if the military will analyze his DNA or physiology to try and replicate Kryptonian DNA?

Would anyone on Earth even be able to perform an autopsy (since I'm assuming instruments wouldn't penetrate his skin)? Going along with that, would Earth's bacteria even be able to allow for decomposition?

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Or Superman took care of the remains. Threw them into the sun or kept them to test himself. (Which would be kinda weird I guess)

I've got a feeling The Rock is gonna be John Stewart. Denzel is getting too old for it IMO.

If he HAD to be a Green Lantern, the Rock would be better suited for Guy Gardner.

Loxley

I wonder....what did they do with Zod's corpse?

I wonder if the military will analyze his DNA or physiology to try and replicate Kryptonian DNA?

Or Superman took care of the remains. Threw them into the sun or kept them to test himself. (Which would be kinda weird I guess)

I've got a feeling The Rock is gonna be John Stewart. Denzel is getting too old for it IMO.

I would think Superman would take care of Zod's remains, seeing as (aside from Superman obviously) Zod was the last of his kind. He would be respectful of that and likely entomb Zod's body within the Fortress or something like that.

kunonabi

I would think Superman would take care of Zod's remains, seeing as (aside from Superman obviously) Zod was the last of his kind. He would be respectful of that and likely entomb Zod's body within the Fortress.

Considering he completely passed judgement on his race I don't see why he would bother.

J10

Banned
I don't like it. Wonder Woman should be Superman's equal in terms of raw physical strength. I don't mind the changes to her origin otherwise.

Loxley

Considering he completely passed judgement on his race I don't see why he would bother.

It makes more sense than the alternatives to me. As he's portrayed in MoS, Superman doesn't strike me as someone who would hand over the body to the government since he doesn't seem to interested in giving in to their requests. But he also doesn't seem petty enough to just ditch Zod's remains. Given his reaction to killing him, I would think in the end he would put to bury Zod himself or something similar.

Penguin

I don't like it. Wonder Woman should be Superman's equal in terms of raw physical strength. I don't mind the changes to her origin otherwise.

I was always under the impression that she was weaker than him. Just a better fighter

It's okay, though; she will have an implied sexual relationship with Batman, a very strong male. But she will make jokes about being the dom. See? More empowerment from the man whose last film gave five girls the superpower of imagining that they were better than men.

God, Snyder is ridiculous.

Veelk

Banned
So they take the most interesting aspect of Wonder Woman, what makes her unique, and remove it to make a copy of Superman...every new rumor and piece of information that comes there is no way this movie is going to be good.

As for WW being weaker than Superman, I fail to see why they even bothered to mention that or why it's important. It's either part of the movie or it isn't. If it is, they kind of spoiled any potential fight scene. If it isn't, why mention it at all.

BadAss2961

It's okay, though; she will have an implied sexual relationship with Batman, a very strong male. But she will make jokes about being the dom. See? More empowerment from the man whose last film gave five girls the superpower of imagining that they were better than men.

God, Snyder is ridiculous.
I don't get what you're trying to say.

strobogo

Banned
I'd rather see an Arkhamverse animated movie with all the voice actors (I.E., DCAU actors) or unconnected live action adaptations of various Batman story arcs than anything to do with MOS. MOS makes me not even want to see another Batman movie, which makes me so sad since Batman has been my favorite character in any kind of fiction for as long as I can remember.

Using the same actors is fine, but there is no need to make some big universe or another trilogy to me. Just adapt big storylines like animated movies have done. Really, the same could go for Superman, but I'm less familiar with big Superman stories. I'd be pretty stoked for a Kingdom Come movie, though.

she never has been and never will be.

Wonder Woman would make Superman look like an annoying child if they ever battled for real.

last fight with them says she had to kill another man to barely escape with her life.

The lasso's a big asset... She can also be a telepath with the ability to communicate with animals as well. In addition to being in Superman's ballpark physically, she's a goddess of war type in that she excels in leading large groups in battle.

And sometimes you just need a woman.

that's stretching it. she can't command animals and most animal 'speech" is vague and would be kind of silly if not handled right.

Being the best warrior and fighter on the team has always been Wonder Woman's thing, alongside (let's face it) being the woman. Like others have said, sometimes you need someone whose really strong and actually knows how to fight.

Her other thing is...being the team magic expert with an arsenal of enchanted weapons and connections to the DCU's magic realms....... (._. )

And if he's not a hero, I'm betting the Rock will be whoever the secondary villain of the film is. Probably Metallo.

that's debatable seeing as batman is a pretty darn good fighter plus Wonder Woman has never been tapped as a magic expert. in the JLA they always left a job like to someone like Jason Blood, Dr. Fate, or Zattana.

Dram

I'd rather see an Arkhamverse animated movie with all the voice actors (I.E., DCAU actors) or unconnected live action adaptations of various Batman story arcs than anything to do with MOS. MOS makes me not even want to see another Batman movie
I don't think that's possible now that Man of Steel was the start of their universe building.

http://collider.com/batman-vs-superman-lex-luthor-villains-wonder-woman/

According to Batman-on-Film, Batman vs. Superman is “is truly a Superman film.” Furthermore:
The film’s bad guys are Superman villains and Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel/Clark Kent is the main character. Of course, Batfleck will play a major role in the movie; but I suspect that one of the main reasons for Batman’s inclusion is to establish a new “DCU on Film Batman” and set up future solo Bat-flicks. Same goes for Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman – though I think her role is much smaller than BA’s Batman.
Batman-on-Film describes Wonder Woman’s role as a “cameo-plus” along the lines of Black Widow in Iron Man 2.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
it wont be a superman movie. I guarantee it

first teaser pictures or posters will be all about Batman.

My guess is that it'll be a Superman-movie, but one where Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Lex Luthor, Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Bane, Bizarro, Krypto, Power Girl, Nightwing, Speedy and SInestro all have a part in the story.

BadAss2961

it wont be a superman movie. I guarantee it

first teaser pictures or posters will be all about Batman.
Well, Affleck's Batman is what everyone's waiting to see.

Still, the movie will be done mostly through Superman's perspective. His villains, his triumph at the end of the day.
That Snyder's idea of a strong female is one that isn't.

He's no more guilty than anyone else in this field.

G-Fex

Telling you guys.

They'll never ever let batman be 2nd to anyone so it'll be his movie, his villains, his triumph.

BadAss2961

Telling you guys.

They'll never ever let batman be 2nd to anyone so it'll be his movie, his villains, his triumph.
He'll probably steal the show, but it won't be his movie.

I could see a Batman villain being used to introduce him, but that's it. I'd love it if the movie actually begins this way, in Gotham. Something like the way Joker and Bane were introduced in the Dark Knight movies.

Dysun

Round and round we go

show-me-the-receipts1.gif

bryanee said:
No thanks to the Amazonians being Kryptonians. I really do hope that is bullshit. One of the best things about Wonder Woman and the Amazonians is the connection to Greek mythology and everything that brings to the table.

**Using spoilers but, obviously they are not plot spoilers

I have been saying that for so long now. In the world they created it would only make sense that since kryptonians 'traveled' the universe seeding planets for centuries/eons that they would have settled on Earth at some point. This would explain off shoots like Amazonians, Greek Gods, and yes, Atlantis.

I would even be as bold to say that they wouldn't be full on 'Kryptonian' , I bet they will say something like through generations of breeding/evolution they evolved from being pure kryptonians to their lesser (but powerful) selves. That way Aquaman, Wonder Woman, hell, even J'onn will not be as powerful as Superman but, unique in their own right. It makes perfect sense quite honestly. Having them throw in 'magic' just to throw it in with no logic makes no sense. To me they are going to take the Thor approach to the Amazons/Atlanteans.

Unless someone decides to
wait for it
write her that way.

this may be hard for you to believe seeing as you already ignored the fact that I already said that Wonder Woman has and never will be as powerful as Superman, but the DC bible that has all teh information about character powers and backgrounds and everything else that DC editorial uses as general guidelines says that Superman has and always will be more powerful than Wonder Woman.

**Using spoilers but, obviously they are not plot spoilers

I have been saying that for so long now. In the world they created it would only make sense that since kryptonians 'traveled' the universe seeding planets for centuries/eons that they would have settled on Earth at some point. This would explain off shoots like Amazonians, Greek Gods, and yes, Atlantis.

I would even be as bold to say that they wouldn't be full on 'Kryptonian' , I bet they will say something like through generations of breeding/evolution they evolved from being pure kryptonians to their lesser (but powerful) selves. That way Aquaman, Wonder Woman, hell, even J'onn will not be as powerful as Superman but, unique in their own right. It makes perfect sense quite honestly. Having them throw in 'magic' just to throw it in with no logic makes no sense. To me they are going to take the Thor approach to the Amazons/Atlanteans.

that would a pretty nice twist actually.

BadAss2961

Jett started out by saying his information was mostly speculation mixed with his own ideas and beliefs. He obviously just took a few shots in the dark and covered his ass in doing so. But of course the internet took everything to heart as if it were confirmed.

IconGrist

Hopefully he's wrong. That was the perfect way to incorporate Wonder Woman and Aquaman into this cinematic universe. Honestly this is a case where the studio needs to think, "Fuck the fans. What's going to make a better movie?"

Making all the top tier guys Kryptonian is lazy. I don't see how that makes a better movie.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Hopefully he's wrong. That was the perfect way to incorporate Wonder Woman and Aquaman into this cinematic universe. Honestly this is a case where the studio needs to think, "Fuck the fans. What's going to make a better movie?"

The Hulk is a Frost Giant who can assume human form just like Loki, Cap is an Asgardian who came to America because he REALLY loves cheeseburgers. Dr. Strange is an Asgardian wizard, and Luke Cage is really just Heimdall

Shaanyboi

Banned

....no. That is in no way "making the movie better." Completely shitting on those characters and their origins isn't the way to do things. Alterations are fine. Different interpretations are fine. Outright denials of who characters are? That's bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom