• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmase21

rumours regarding that party thing

"It is the reopening of Metropolis Central Library post the battle for Metropolis. Lexcorp funded the construction because “Intellect is man’s biggest strength” which seems to be a direct shot at Superman.

Other small details tied to that scene, the movie will have an almost red carpet montage where the rich and famous are asked their views about the Superman who appeared in the public eye recently. The red carpet setup is attached, and will include both Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor being asked that question by Lois Lane and Clark Kent on the carpet."

interesting, it seems the destruction at the end of MoS will be a big plot point for BvS and Lex will use it to his advantage.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=109516

Like above I want to believe, but this is very interesting and I like it

DeathyBoy

Banned
It seems like one of those things that could be so well done you could even get the viewers to doubt Supes.

It's great because in the comic-books Luthor always believes Superman is a dangerous threat to mankind, and now he actually has a leg to stand on to justify having his own supporters.

strafer

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2014/10/17/batman-v-superman-begins-filming-in-chicago-on-nov-3/

It also looks like the movie will be filming at the Aragon Ballroom, 1106 W Lawrence Ave, Chicago

This is the place.

3999570876_23c5159c16_z.jpg

6c2864b6-6f4e-474e-a196-d091721484da.jpg

after all the shit Superman went through in MoS? yeah, there's no way that power armor "leveling the playing field" makes any sense.

Especially considering Kryptonian technology is 100,000 years ahead of humanity. Seriously. The most powerful nation in the history of mankind had its military get utterly SHITSTOMPED by Zod using Civilian grade equipment.

Yet, Batman can build a suit that can take on the Last Son of Krypton?

Okay, :lol

guek

Banned
It's probably going to play out with Bruce throwing everything he has and Clark being momentarily stunned at worst. He'll probably shrug everything off.

Or maybe Bruce figures out a way to weaponize kryptonian atmospheric properties.

Or maybe this will be more an emotional battle. Or a rap battle!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I still hope they end up using whatever the kryptonian guns and robots used as weapons as their in-universe kryptonite. Clark already has his "invincibility" and the droid managed to cut him when he was attacked on the ship, and the weapons later managed to knock him down at the exploded gas station. if they go for something else like glowing green rocks when they already have weapons that can hurt him shown on screen I'll be a little disappointed.

karasu

Especially considering Kryptonian technology is 100,000 years ahead of humanity. Seriously. The most powerful nation in the history of mankind had its military get utterly SHITSTOMPED by Zod using Civilian grade equipment.

Exactly! It's preposterous. You can't simply craft some armor to reach Superman/godlike status.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Kryptonite. Build an armor with Kryptonite and everything is level at the very least. Or exploit Supes' other weakness, but I doubt Batman can harness the power of magic on such short notice.

Blader

The suit is probably based on that Kryptonian tech. Not like there isn't tons of it lying around Metropolis now.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Have people forgotten that Zod died on Earth and they have access to his Kryptonian suit? No way that doesn't fall into both Luthor and Bruce's hands, and end up getting reverse engineered.

They probably both make anti-Superman suits.

IconGrist

The armor may make Batman durable enough to take a moderate hit from Supes but why would it make him strong enough to hit him?

Answer: It won't.

Have people forgotten that Zod died on Earth and they have access to his Kryptonian suit? No way that doesn't fall into both Luthor and Bruce's hands, and end up getting reverse engineered.

They probably both make anti-Superman suits.

Zod's suit is made out of a material found only on Krypton. I doubt human scientists could synthesize something to halfway replicate it

Batman was more than capable of handling supes in the DKR, so it isn't like there isn't precedent for them having a decent battle, especially if this is older, wiser batman vs a supes that just came into his own.

OldRoutes

Zod's suit is made out of a material found only on Krypton. I doubt human scientists could synthesize something to halfway replicate it

You're grasping at straws... you're setting limits that never were explicitly mentioned anywhere.

Chances are that's how he manages to build a suit to resist Superman.

Ahasverus

Batman was more than capable of handling supes in the DKR, so it isn't like there isn't precedent for them having a decent battle, especially if this is older, wiser batman vs a supes that just came into his own.
TDKR had so many contrivances for that fight to "half work" that it would be a big cop out if something similar happens in BvS. Batman would have to nuke a city, for starters.

IconGrist

There was years and years of prep work involved to pull that fight off.

But it's not important. They'll just do whatever they want anyway whether or not it makes any sense.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Kryptonite. Build an armor with Kryptonite and everything is level at the very least. Or exploit Supes' other weakness, but I doubt Batman can harness the power of magic on such short notice.

Kryptonite doesn't exist in MoS universe, best equivalent was the krypton atmosphere.

DKR Batman fought supes by taking advantage of the fact that supes took it easy on him out of respect for their years of friendship. It was the equivalent of a child play fighting with their parent and getting a lucky kick in the balls

obin_gam

Every member of Justice League have been on the set of BvS:
Ray Fisher (Cyborg) interview

Fisher knew he would be a part of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and the Justice League movies, but he found out about the stand-alone 2020 Cyborg movie around the same time that we did. Warner Bros. told Fisher about it just a few hours before making the blockbuster announcement public.

“I met everyone in the Justice League except Henry Cavill and Ezra Miller,” Fisher told EW. “It was surreal. You get this idea of going to work on a Hollywood set as being really stressful and nerve-wracking. But it blew that stereotype away. If they did have stressful times, it wasn’t while I was there.” Fisher also formed a friendship with Jesse Eisenberg, who plays Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

When asked what fans could expect from Zack Snyder’s upcoming superhero movie, Fisher teased with a laugh “Let me tell you, man, people are in for a hell of a treat.”

jombag

Tony Stark did it and took on Thor...with a box of scraps

Oh lord! Just fast forward me to March 2016. These actors involved really seem to be excited.

The curious thing about the interview is that he mentions he never met with Cavil or Ezra Miller. Safe to assume that the people he met with are in the same scene with him or am I looking into this too much?

If aspects of the leaked script are true where
Superman dies, I can see his involvement at the end of the movie where all the heroes are gathered at Superman's funeral.

Unfortunate moment to scratch his left leg with his right foot - makes it seem like Batfleck skips leg day. :p

His biceps are legit bigger than his calves.

I just realized that all the guys cast so far outside of Ezra Miller are fucking huge. All 6ft+ and all are Hemsworth sized if not bigger.

They'd probably be able to lift the Batmobile if they did it together lol.

ReiGun

If Fisher is already done, I'd say that confirms him just being a small cameo.

Of course, that was easy enough to guess, but it won't stem the tide of people complaining that Cyborg is in this "bloated" film.

Happy for Fisher. He does seem really excited and so does everyone else. I'm really interested to hear from Ezra Miller on Flash. I think he will do a great job. Overall I really want the DCU to be successful. It being great means good movies for everyone.

Gleethor

Ya know, if they do a solo Batman film anytime soon (they will), they should get the Argo gang back together and have Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordon and John Goodman as Harvey Bullock.

Good luck beating gary Oldman tho, that guy is the GOAT Gordon for me now.

Really excited to see Jeremy Irons Alfred tho, happy with that casting for sure

Between him and Affleck i want a solo batman movie asap

Good luck beating gary Oldman tho, that guy is the GOAT Gordon for me now.

Really excited to see Jeremy Irons Alfred tho, happy with that casting for sure

Between him and Affleck i want a solo batman movie asap

I'm sure Irons will be a great choice as Alfred. Totally agree on Oldman as well. I hear his voice as Jim when I'm reading Bat books these days.

Platy

The curious thing about the interview is that he mentions he never met with Cavil or Ezra Miller. Safe to assume that the people he met with are in the same scene with him or am I looking into this too much?

No ... Supes can be flying and flash be moving too fast ... so they can added to the scene in post.

a916

DKR Batman fought supes by taking advantage of the fact that supes took it easy on him out of respect for their years of friendship. It was the equivalent of a child play fighting with their parent and getting a lucky kick in the balls

Huh? More like a snake playing with a tiger who played rope a dope long enough to get a killshot in.

Penguin

A trailer in December? No way. They wouldn't possibly be doing one that soon, right?

I'd expect it to be a teaser.

Kind of like the Man of Steel one

A voice over with some flowery images.

But this movie.. for me is new ground. We have a general idea what a summer movie marketing looks like, but March?

ezekial45

Banned
A trailer in December? No way. They wouldn't possibly be doing one that soon, right?

It depends on what kinda teaser they want. If they're gonna show off something like the Man Of Steel teasers with TDKR or the one from Comic Con, then yeah, they can totally do it. They've been shooting for the last few months, and they can easily have a 1:30 minute trailer ready.

According to Batman-on-film we may be getting a trailer in December. It may be attached to the last Hobbit.

The trailer focuses on Batman.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BvS_rumor_BvS-teaser-trailer-coming-soon-2014_10-23-14.html

I think they should just release the comic con trailer. It's pretty badass

I wouldn't listen to BoF. He desperately tries to stay relevant and pretend he has reliable insiders. Just recently he asserted Wonder Woman is Kryptonian and would be Kal's sister or cousin. This was after the producer of the movie already confirmed she's the daughter of Zeus and a demigod.

It would be cool to have a trailer though with The Hobbit.

Effect

The problem with that teaser is that it's probably not part of the film.

This. As exciting to see that trailer was I wasn't under any illusion that was in the film. It looks like something made just for comic con to show off the possible style and tone of the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom