• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

I wonder what the pitched scene was, since supposedly MoS wasn't officially the start of the DCCU till after it had released and DC figured out what it wanted to do going forward.

I'm guessing a military person finding Zod's suit, making a phone call, then telling other people, "Mr. Luthor wants it delivered to LexCorp." :p

I wonder what the pitched scene was, since supposedly MoS wasn't officially the start of the DCCU till after it had released and DC figured out what it wanted to do going forward.

The DCCU thing probably wasn't decided *quite* that late. The first interview quotes alluding to it appeared around this time in 2012, AFAIK.

The Welcome to the Planet scene plays again. The camera zooms and the sound fades away out until we see that we are watching the scene through a portal. The camera pans revealing the Rock of Eternity, the camera comes to rest on the face of the Wizard Shazam. The camera resumes it's pan revealing what the wizard stares at intently, seven viewing portals
Portal one- Welcome to the Planet scene playing
Portal two- Two thugs running for their life down a grungy alleyway, an Ominous shadow pursues
Portal three- A retinue of women in loose fitting robes hugging an armored figure farewell
Portal Four - Two Emerald bolts of energy, humanoid forms within, streak towards earth.
Portal Five- A lone figure sits on a beach finishing a beer, six armored figures appear in the surf, and beckon the beer drinker to follow. He does
Portal Six- Surgeons frantically try to save the life of the man on the operating table, the majority of his body mangled, and beyond repair.
Portal Seven- a Central City CSI sits at his desk, staring at the lightning storm through the labs inordinately large window waiting for his centrifuge to finish its work, his back to the camera and a flash lightning as he's struck.

As soon the last figure is struck by lightning cut to black.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Penguin

It reminds me of the pre-Man of Steel rumors that there was gonna be a stinger where Batman shows up and says "We have to talk"

People don't even know why they're upset.

"OOOOOH SICK BURN YOU HEAR WHAT NOLAN SAID?"

Yeah, because what Man of Steel really needed was a post-credits shot of him sitting down to a Subway Club across the street from the still burning 7-Eleven in Smallville and grinning.

People don't even know why they're upset.

"OOOOOH SICK BURN YOU HEAR WHAT NOLAN SAID?"

Yeah, because what Man of Steel really needed was a post-credits shot of him sitting down to a Subway Club across the street from the still burning 7-Eleven in Smallville and grinning.

it was obviously gonna be at the ihop.

ReiGun

Logging onto Twitter during my break and seeing Marvel fans tight over those comments was worth a chuckle. Like we didn't already know how he felt about codas.

ReiGun

I didn't realize until now about the double entendre from Man of Steel's ending's "Welcome to the Planet."

Am I an idiot?

2.png

"Maybe."

<3

For the better... at this point it would come across as a Marvel rip off if they started aping that idea. They should however do as much as they can to intertwine the stories with easter eggs and subtle foreshadowing.

Hey now, Green Lantern did it.... okay bad example but I'm still all for post credit scenes. I think it's just a nice bone to throw at the fans. It amazes me how even today most people walk out of Marvel movies during the end credits. It's pretty much common knowledge at this point that there will be some kind of scene after the credits, yet many can't be bothered to watch it. It's understandable since most of the time the scenes have no significant importance to the plot and are generally short but to give the fans who love the properties a little more time in that world, it's just a kind gesture. I've been waiting years for this movie, I'm going to savor every freaking second when I watch it so I don't care if it's 10 seconds of Superman on the toilet, or Batman flossing, give me post credit scenes dammit!

DaveH

Regarding Nolan's alleged comments, the original article has been updated with the following footnote:

The Guardian said:
This footnote was added on 5 November 2014. Subsequent to publication, Nolan disputed the quote attributed to him by Snyder. According to Nolan, he had told Snyder, “We shouldn’t be chasing other movies, but stay true to the tone of Man of Steel.”

So the original line should be read more like:

When the studio asked if Snyder would add a comedy coda ending, in the style of Marvel, Snyder recalled Nolan’s reply as “A real movie wouldn’t do that”, however, according to Nolan, he told Snyder, "We shouldn’t be chasing other movies, but stay true to the tone of Man of Steel.”

Nolan didn't shoot down any post-credit sequence, but specifically a studio attempt (not Snyder's) to inject a "comedy coda"... with far less inflammatory phrasing.

Of course, the vast majority of the individuals only aware of the clickbait version will never read or be aware of the updated footnote.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I didn't realize until now about the double entendre from Man of Steel's ending's "Welcome to the Planet."

Am I an idiot?

i had to think about that for a minute...yes you are an idiot, but at least you weren't like me and thinking that scene happened when he was talking to the millitary commander and his captain in the scene before that.

Youre stupid

my mind is going. lol

DaveH

I'm gonna say that the Daily Planet scene was gonna be it and it was just moved.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/man-of-steel-secrets/p1

In an earlier draft, it was going to start with Clark at The Daily Planet

Snyder: "Calling Man Of Steel ‘Clark Kent Origins’ is a really a nice way of putting it, because for me that’s what it was all about. We could have started this movie with that final Daily Planet scene. You literally could start the movie with him getting off his bike and getting in an elevator, putting his glasses on and coming up, and having Perry White go, ‘Guys this is our new stringer, Clark Kent.’ Then having Lois say, ‘Welcome to the Planet.’ It’s a great line and the movie really could have started that way. The first draft had more of a flashback element."

Why would you let the scene play all the way out? Why wouldn't you begin the flashback sequence AS SOON as the doors shut...and then fade up on his being born on Krypton?

Goddammit Goyer. Even when your instincts are good they're still bad.

ben-affleck-8.jpg

So, someone somewhere needs to hurry up, photoshop a batsuit onto Ben, and then just leave the rest of the picture alone. Change nothing else but putting the batsuit on Ben.

Blader

http://www.empireonline.com/features/man-of-steel-secrets/p1

In an earlier draft, it was going to start with Clark at The Daily Planet

Snyder: "Calling Man Of Steel ‘Clark Kent Origins’ is a really a nice way of putting it, because for me that’s what it was all about. We could have started this movie with that final Daily Planet scene. You literally could start the movie with him getting off his bike and getting in an elevator, putting his glasses on and coming up, and having Perry White go, ‘Guys this is our new stringer, Clark Kent.’ Then having Lois say, ‘Welcome to the Planet.’ It’s a great line and the movie really could have started that way. The first draft had more of a flashback element."

But the reason the line is great is because it happens at the end, after Clark and Lois have gone through this whole thing together. There's no double entendre if you start the movie off with that

grumblegrumble

DaveH

I hope we get somethkng solid by March. They must be fairly far along by now. Might still be a bit early though.
You can roughly use Star Wars to track it. Anytime Star Was has a marketing milestone, expect one to follow for BvS approximately 3 moths later. The main reason they might push the teaser forwards is to get more eyeballs on it during the holiday movie season... and the WB is still sort of old-fashioned that way.

In the internet / HD-TV age, there's no reason to confine your marketing to movie seasons... you can launch your subtitle via Twitter or debut your trailer on network TV and the internet. So if we don't get anything in December, we may get something in February / March.

ryan299

I think they wanted Nolan to allow them to use his Batman. At least thats what the rumor is as to while they waited so long until they announced their plans.

I hope we get a trailer for this next month.

Gleethor

I think they wanted Nolan to allow them to use his Batman. At least thats what the rumor is as to while they waited so long until they announced their plans.

I hope we get a trailer for this next month.

Nolan Batman would not have worked in the Snyderverse, in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom