• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
World's Finest now refers to the Huntress/Power Girl comics much like Ms. Marvel no longer refers to Carol Danvers. It's technically not for Superman and Batman anymore.

No one thinks huntress/powergirl when you say World's Finest. The can call the second Batman/superman movie World's Finest and the masses will not bat an eye.

Compbros

No one thinks huntress/powergirl when you say World's Finest. The can call the second Batman/superman movie World's Finest and the masses will not bat an eye.

They wouldn't wanna do that unless they rebrand their Batman/Superman comic as World's Finest but the Huntress/Power Girl comic has been selling well enough to continue for a couple years (which is more than can be said for a LARGE amount of New 52 comics). Companies want the branding of whatever to stick in the minds of the mainstream. Take Ms. Captain Marvel: Carol Danvers is more known as Ms. Marvel but she's now Captain Marvel in comics so the movie is following that. To call a Superman/Batman movie "World's Finest" doesn't fit the current DCU unless, again, they rebranded it. Besides, as much as I love the name, World's Finest has barely been used in the past 30 years except the odd cartoon/comic arc.

Edit: Also, the second Supes/Bats movie would be "Trinity" with WoWo before "World's Finest".

Busty

Banned
Not sure if this is news or not (I suspect that it isn't) but I was browsing and I came across the MTV European Music Awards from my own fair Glasgow (it was predictably horrendous) and Jenna Malone of all people appeared on stage to hand out an award.

Nicki MInaj, who was hosting, introduced her as (and I'm paraphrasing) "mixing it up with the Hunger Games and soon to be hanging with Batman and Superman".

Was Malone ever officially confirmed to be cast in Batman Vs Superman? If not, evidently she is now.

Compbros

Not sure if this is news or not (I suspect that it isn't) but I was browsing and I came across the MTV European Music Awards from my own fair Glasgow (it was predictably horrendous) and Jenna Malone of all people appeared on stage to hand out an award.

Nicki MInaj, who was hosting, introduced her as (and I'm paraphrasing) "mixing it up with the Hunger Games and soon to be hanging with Batman and Superman".

Was Malone ever officially confirmed to be cast in Batman Vs Superman? If not, evidently she is now.

Yeah, she's signed but the role is unknown for now.

Busty

Banned
Yeah, she's signed but the role is unknown for now.

Ahh. I couldn't remember if that was the case or not. I also see that there is some speculation about whether she is indeed playing Robin or a character called Kahina who is apparently one of Aquaman's entourage.

Interesting all the same.

Batman kicking Superman is fan gif tradition.

5XV3bok.gif

lmao.

ReiGun

At first glance, I read this post completely wrong and thought you were saying Nicki Minaj was casted in the film. Then my mind started racing and now I'm fancasting Nicki as Livewire.

Help me, guys.

They wouldn't wanna do that unless they rebrand their Batman/Superman comic as World's Finest but the Huntress/Power Girl comic has been selling well enough to continue for a couple years (which is more than can be said for a LARGE amount of New 52 comics). Companies want the branding of whatever to stick in the minds of the mainstream.
Edit: Also, the second Supes/Bats movie would be "Trinity" with WoWo before "World's Finest".

Everybody, except the crazies, have evolved passed "It will confuse people" line of thought. If it were matter of branding Arrow would be Green Arrow, Constantine would be Hellblazer, Young Justice would've been Teen Titans

And no the second Supes/Bats movie would be World's Finest. As the name implies by historical precedent it focuses on two hero's one super powered, one human. If WW plays a key role in the movie it is by nature no longer a Supes/Bats movie, and becomes the first Trinity movie.

Busty

Banned
At first glance, I read this post completely wrong and thought you were saying Nicki Minaj was casted in the film. Then my mind started racing and now I'm fancasting Nicki as Livewire.

Help me, guys.

If Nicki Minaj is playing anyone in BvS it should be Martian Manhunter.

Seriously, I can see that. I mean, it would be terrible. But I can see it.

ReiGun

If Nicki Minaj is playing anyone in BvS it should be Martian Manhunter.

Seriously, I can see that. I mean, it would be terrible. But I can see it.
A gag where Nicki is revealed as one of J'onn's 100+ secret identities would be pretty great.

Compbros

Everybody, except the crazies, have evolved passed "It will confuse people" line of thought. If it were matter of branding Arrow would be Green Arrow, Constantine would be Hellblazer, Young Justice would've been Teen Titans

And no the second Supes/Bats movie would be World's Finest. As the name implies by historical precedent it focuses on two hero's one super powered, one human. If WW plays a key role in the movie it is by nature no longer a Supes/Bats movie, and becomes the first Trinity movie.

Not "confuse people" but making sure that things are branded correctly in the mainstream. Again, you don't want Carol to be introduced to the mainstream as Ms. Marvel since that's not what she is right now. T.V. Shows aren't quite as mainstream as movies so you can get away with a "Smallville" or something along those lines, especially if it's an origin story type thing. Teen Titans and Young Justice aren't the same thing.

Ah, you're sticking strictly to "this is Superman/Batman and the title will reflect them". I'm going that it'd start with those two and then the second movie would focus on the Big 3.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I watched American Hustle the other day, and Amy Adams in that movie... good lord.

is the joker in this film? i know BvsS is borrowing a lot from Frank Millers The Dark Knight so im just wondering if Lex Luther is the only villain or if Joker is back for this film.

Penguin

is the joker in this film? i know BvsS is borrowing a lot from Frank Millers The Dark Knight so im just wondering if Lex Luther is the only villain or if Joker is back for this film.

If the rumors are correct, they are currently looking to cast the Joker for their universe, and this film is wrapping up production soon.

Most popular rumor is Brainiac.

Lex is in the bag. Wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the movie is a conflict between Batman, Lex and Supes, with the last 10 minutes being a Brainiac reveal, setting up Justice League.

Compbros

Most popular rumor is Brainiac.

Lex is in the bag. Wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the movie is a conflict between Batman, Lex and Supes, with the last 10 minutes being a Brainiac reveal, setting up Justice League.

I'd much rather Starro than Brainiac but that's just me.

I'd much rather Starro than Brainiac but that's just me.

It'd be a nice homage to the comics but I don't think there's anyway they can make him work. There's not enough heroes for him to mind control at this point. I'd love to see Amazo or the White Martians in a movie.

I do hope they have the watch tower in the movies though. It needs to feel like an actual league by the end of the movie.

DaveH

We're still 1.25 years out... it's likely too early for a substantive teaser. The only thing that pushes it forwards is the holiday movie season, but we just watched Star Wars and Marvel announce titles and release trailers without attaching it to a film.

I would have said (and did) that Warner Bros is a bit old fashioned and still plans trailer releases around other films, but they just released The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies by social media too... so I don't think marketing is beholden to the holiday movie schedule anymore.

I'll be hyped if we get one, sure, but just don't expect or feel entitled to one in December.

Sooo...They are closing parts of Lakeshore Drive today to film BvS for what I assume to be a chase involving batmobile? Because thats what they did during the filming of TDK.

Psykoboy2

I mean we only JUST got our first Avengers 2 trailer and that's coming out this coming summer.

Didn't the first trailer for Avengers appear as a credit stinger on Captain America? That was at least a year away. I remember the voice over TDK trailer being released a good year away from it's release date as well.

Didn't the first trailer for Avengers appear as a credit stinger on Captain America? That was at least a year away. I remember the voice over TDK trailer being released a good year away from it's release date as well.

More of a post-credits scene than a teaser trailer. You are correct about the TDK trailer though.

Penguin

I also think Man of Steel's teaser was attached to TDKR a year in advance.. though could be making that up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom