• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

Why the hell did this get delayed year anyway?

Full script rewrite by Chris Terrio (Goyer's was probably terrible as expected and Affleck sure didn't want part in that)

It's funny that for all the talking about this reboot being more comic book related, Gotham is still Chicago; it would be super funny if a chase scene involving the Batmobile goes through the same streets as in TDK.

In my mind, Gotham is very much DC's Chicago, just like Metropolis is their NY.

but DC has both Chicago and DC. the JLI was stationed in NYC, and Hawkman Katar Hol made his home in Chicago as well. DC Earth is physically bigger so they can squeeze two extra cities with 8 million citizens.

Shaanyboi

Banned
but DC has both Chicago and DC. the JLI was stationed in NYC, and Hawkman Katar Hol made his home in Chicago as well. DC Earth is physically bigger so they can squeeze two extra cities with 8 million citizens.
Not to mention Star City (which has either been replaced or reworked into Seattle), Central City, Midway City, Coast City, and entire fake countries

Why the hell did this get delayed year anyway?

I think the first preview isn't hitting until Avengers 2.

I think a big reason is they had to negotiate contracts and cast for future roles (Aquaman, Flash, etc.) and wanted to make sure all of that was in place which required more time, especially if those characters have cameos in this film.

Gleethor

Oh I know that they coexist, its just those are the two cities that I think they mirror.

a916

We're still 1.25 years out... it's likely too early for a substantive teaser. The only thing that pushes it forwards is the holiday movie season, but we just watched Star Wars and Marvel announce titles and release trailers without attaching it to a film.

I would have said (and did) that Warner Bros is a bit old fashioned and still plans trailer releases around other films, but they just released The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies by social media too... so I don't think marketing is beholden to the holiday movie schedule anymore.

I'll be hyped if we get one, sure, but just don't expect or feel entitled to one in December.

Just realized that... and damn that's a long wait. We're closer to Episode 7 releasing and we haven't even gotten a teaser for that yet (13 months away).

Avengers first trailer released 7 months before movie's release.

Snaku

Banned
Pics sent from a friend who works in the building they're using for the Daily Planet.

kelFVtT.png

FSJMjEy.png

Nothing too exciting. Lois works at the Daily Planet I guess.

DaveH

Batman Begins was a 2005 movie... Batman v. Superman 2016... so a glimpse of this in 11 years is no big deal. Hopefully only a glimpse though. I think this Batman would benefit from a return to some mystery.

So the current tally of scenes / locales that I'm aware of (let me know if I'm missing any):
  • Superman Statute
  • Superman Protest
  • Smallville Cemetery
  • Kent Farmhouse
  • Daily Planet
  • Clark Jailhouse
  • Superman & Lois Street
  • Ralli's Diner
  • Scoot's Green Socks
  • Little Girl Rescue
  • Batmobile Chase
  • Harbor Bruce
  • Wayne Cemetery
  • Mark of Zorro
  • Gala
  • Metropolis v. Gotham Football
  • Wonder Woman gets in car

- J - D -

That's good, in case people have forgotten what motivates Batman despite the scene having been done in every instance of Batman live-action in the last 25 years, the most recent being this year in the Gotham tv show.

However, I'm all good with them reestablishing the iconic scene, if only to juxtapose it with Clark's own loss.

Gonzalez

Banned
The flashback will most likely accompany the scene where Bruce visits his Parents grave.

Also shouldn't fanboys be super happy now that they see that Bruce & his family are leaving a screening of a Zorro film for the first time in a live-action movie?

IconGrist

Batman Begins was a 2005 movie... Batman v. Superman 2016... so a glimpse of this in 11 years is no big deal. Hopefully only a glimpse though. I think this Batman would benefit from a return to some mystery.

So the current tally of scenes / locales that I'm aware of (let me know if I'm missing any):
  • Superman Statute
  • Superman Protest
  • Smallville Cemetery
  • Kent Farmhouse
  • Daily Planet
  • Clark Jailhouse
  • Superman & Lois Street
  • Ralli's Diner
  • Scoot's Green Socks
  • Little Girl Rescue
  • Batmobile Chase
  • Harbor Bruce
  • Wayne Cemetery
  • Mark of Zorro
  • Gala
  • Metropolis v. Gotham Football
  • Wonder Woman gets in car

The football scene was scrapped. It was also Pre-Terrio.
Gadot getting in a car I don't think was for the movie but I may be wrong there.

Ahasverus

Laaaame. There's not a single person in the world that doesn't know Batman's origins. Actually I thought Snyder said he didn't want to do it anymore.

jackdoe

I'm hoping it will be part of the title sequence. Something similar to the one that opened Watchmen. Juxtaposing the histories of Batman and Superman.

Holy shit, that hadn't even occurred to me, but that'd be fucking brilliant if they did a Watchmen styled opening (or even something closer to a traditional montage) of both heroes becoming who they are (Superman's basically being a re-cap of Man of Steel, Batman's being a quick run-through of all his basic story-beats) before the logo slams together on the screen and away we go.

Holy shit, that hadn't even occurred to me, but that'd be fucking brilliant if they did a Watchmen styled opening (or even something closer to a traditional montage) of both heroes becoming who they are (Superman's basically being a re-cap of Man of Steel, Batman's being a quick run-through of all his basic story-beats) before the logo slams together on the screen and away we go.

Would be dope as shit.

I'm hoping it will be part of the title sequence. Something similar to the one that opened Watchmen. Juxtaposing the histories of Batman and Superman.

Whoa that sounds amazing. ill almost be disappointed if that isnt the case, but if not this I'm sure Snyder will do it in a cool way.

ryan299

Why not just release the comic con teaser? Doesn't reveal much, but it will extend the hype levels.

Some people online were speculating that the comic con trailer isn't even in the movie and was just made for comic con.

Maybe that's why they haven't shown it. I'm not sure what they're going to do trailer wise. The movie is still a year out and thats usually when you get a teaser trailer. If they're just going to show a teaser then they should just show the comic con trailer. Makes me think we're getting something longer.

Id be happy with the Comic Con trailer considering low long it is until the movie drops, but I read somewhere that it was meant to be Con exclusive with no plans to be released anywhere else. Im hoping theyve changed their minds.

BadAss2961

Id be happy with the Comic Con trailer considering low long it is until the movie drops, but I read somewhere that it was meant to be Con exclusive with no plans to be released anywhere else. Im hoping theyve changed their minds.
If the Comic Con teaser was just a one time thing and not part of the movie, then it's best they don't release it. It's a bit early for trailers anyway.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just had a feverish vision of the death of Bruce's parents being handled differently, Jonathan Kent versus tornado style.

The change from they seeing a movie instead of an opera is basicaly Snyder in a nutshell =P

Also ... would that be what, the 10th time Bruce parents get killed ?

What? They've been seeing the Mark of Zorro since... god, I don't even know. I think it was that way in BTAS, perhaps even further back

DaveH

Seems a bit pointless showing it again. Everyone knows what happened to Bruce's parents.

The change from they seeing a movie instead of an opera is basicaly Snyder in a nutshell =P

Seems like not everyone knows the Zorro tradition. This will be the first time in live action we're seeing the Zorro connection, which is a nice authentic comic book touch.

Die Fledermaus worked in the decompressed Batman Begins as a justification for his fear of bats and the guilt over his parents death. However, Zorro is a superior explanation in a compressed retelling because it halfway explains the Batman all by itself.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Oh man... hyyyype.

I doubt they will do another long origin with Batman. This will probably be a quick flashback or something. Maybe someone uses powers to get into his head.

Or something quick like this...

cbj2-batmantdkr1-022-the-dark-knight-returns-c-112300.jpg

Pretty sure it was always Zorro in the comics. I would say that changing it to the opera in Begins is Nolan in a nutshell. lol.

bryanee

As people have already said, its always been Zorro. Glad to finally see it being used.

Looks like we will be getting a certain flashback

10735113_762481140466517_817718605_n.jpg

Oh damn, I noticed a lot of trucks near there recently, had no idea. Now I have to swing by on my way home today.

Kinda perfect location for a crime scene that's supposed to be a neighborhood transitioning for the worse. That area has always been in the grey zone between bad neighborhood and OK.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't think we'll get anything substantial (teaser and stuff) until SDCC '15, which sucks.

This movie is so far away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom