• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The fact that they managed to keep everything under wraps is gonna make the threads for that first trailer so out of this world.

Think we'll have to wait til comic-con or Avengers 2 for the first trailer?

Naw, it's a weird one.. it's a new one... I mean if wanted could attach it to Jupiter Ascending or whatever...

I mean March is such a weird and new month for a big film.

.GqueB.

Banned
Im actually happy no leaks of Batman appeared.

Same. I find leaks annoying personally. And a little pathetic that people can't respect the production enough to not post shitty cellphone pics of people standing around on sidewalks in costume.

Bit-Bit

I find it kind of funny, people wondered how it was possible for Batman to exist for years in Gotham without anyone catching a picture of him or something with all these smart devices

We just went through a nearly 7 month shoot, and no one caught any pictures of Batman on-set... so I guess it is possible in this day and age to be stealthy

You just blew my fuckin mind.

DaveH

I find it kind of funny, people wondered how it was possible for Batman to exist for years in Gotham without anyone catching a picture of him or something with all these smart devices

We just went through a nearly 7 month shoot, and no one caught any pictures of Batman on-set... so I guess it is possible in this day and age to be stealthy

You just blew my fuckin mind.

Eh, it's a little different. Citizens in Gotham aren't bound by NDA with steep fines and being blacklisted from their profession if caught or on a set.

We don't know how much Batman was shot (or active) in those 7 months, but we know Batman in fiction is so active that it compromises his sleep (so he has routine activity, not just a one-a-month jaunt). The only product leaving the set is meant to be film, whereas in fiction, Batman's leaving bodies.

However, it is remarkable how much these films have been able to lock down (we have more leaks from Star Wars than BvS and even there we don't even have definitive character names yet!).

Just as brutal, however, is how quickly these films can be compromised at the last mile... see the recent hack of Sony leading to widespread distribution of unreleased films.

inm8num2

Im actually happy no leaks of Batman appeared.

Same. I find leaks annoying personally. And a little pathetic that people can't respect the production enough to not post shitty cellphone pics of people standing around on sidewalks in costume.

Kind of fits in the context of the film synopsis (about Batman not having been officially recorded or photographed in this film universe).

He's the goddamn Batman.

Bit-Bit

It could easily be explained as Batman has some sort of recording scrambler on his body at all times that distorts images whenever he's on site.

Naw, it's a weird one.. it's a new one... I mean if wanted could attach it to Jupiter Ascending or whatever...

I mean March is such a weird and new month for a big film.

Speaking of train wrecks... Seriously if WB wanted to assure Jupiter Ascending make at least some amount of money, that would be the way to go.

Speaking of train wrecks... Seriously if WB wanted to assure Jupiter Ascending make at least some amount of money, that would be the way to go.

After it being delayed and looking generally horrible, that's definitely one way to fill seats
until WB pulls a Star Wars and releases it online anyway

if this thing is going into post-soon, you're going to hear more about the movie from that point forward.

Post is usually when the good leaks start happening :)

strafer

4JDXgPs.png

5eIdaB9.png

hflbisT.png

JdFoX187

Banned
So it looks like they're going to give everyone a solo movie and then see the reaction before signing contract extensions for future sequels.

Despite the hobbit being ehhh I think Peter Jackson would be a great choice for aquaman. Dude would make a cool film centred around Atlantis

Snyder should just stick to justice leagues after BvS. Universe is gonna feel stale if they get one director for almost everything. Kinda want a new director for the next standalone superman film too. Reduce that color filter

Not even.

Tech has long stopped being a factor now.

The only question is how much they're willing to pay to make it look good.
I think they're more alluding to how films shot "on water" are notoriously more difficult and expensive.

Somebody joked earlier about Cameron, but considering his experience with film and water, I think he'd actually be a great choice for an Aquaman movie, funnily enough.

Busty

Banned
4 movies seems about right... and er.. well

BvS
Justice League 1/2
Aquaman

Would be the 4

It's an initial four picture deal. If Aquaman hits then obviously WB will want sequels and presumably they will press for more Justice League films too..., again if the films hit.

Unlike Marvel's shockingly poor pay for outrageously long contracts WB are prepared to pay talent what they are worth. Momoa's reward for a successful trilogy of Aquaman spin off films would be a new, renegotiated contract and a bigger payday.

This is by design, Warners are fighting Marvel on an ideological (in terms of actually giving people 'proper' deals) level too.

Odoul

Despite the hobbit being ehhh I think Peter Jackson would be a great choice for aquaman. Dude would make a cool film centred around Atlantis

Snyder should just stick to justice leagues after BvS. Universe is gonna feel stale if they get one director for almost everything. Kinda want a new director for the next standalone superman film too. Reduce that color filter

I feel the same.

I loved MoS.

But five movies from one guy in the same "series" is a little much.

He's gonna be doing nothing but DC for 3 movies straight, I think he might not even want to do JL2.

JdFoX187

Banned
I feel the same.

I loved MoS.

But five movies from one guy in the same "series" is a little much.

He's gonna be doing nothing but DC for 3 movies straight, I think he might not even want to do JL2.

They might film Justice League back-to-back. Even if not, I imagine Snyder will be around for both of them. He's essentially the overlord of the DCCU.

Jeremy Irons on Alfred:
“He is quite a different Alfred than we have seen so far,” said Irons. “Zack Snyder had very clear views about what he wanted. I would just say he’s more hands-on perhaps than just a butler.”

Alfred is gonna be a bad ass for sure.

Loxley

Based on that, it wouldn't surprise me if they indeed went with the former MI-5/SAS origin for Alfred. I could totally see Irons pulling that off. The question is, will he have the mustache?

Im hoping he is similar to Gotham's Alfred who is not only quickly becoming my favorite Alfred but the best character on that show.

i shit you not jeremy irons was in my top 3 for alfred years ago(the other two were sean connery and anthony hopkins...lol) so honestly they would have to screw up really bad for him not to be the GOAT for me.

such a commanding voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom