• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subitai

The article is practically an outline of the film so be warned if you don't want that many spoilers, IF deemed reliable. It addresses:

• The degree of completion his alleged script is at (just before production)
  • The structure of the film
  • Batman appearances
  • Villains
  • Relationship with Lois
  • The World's disposition
  • and more...
On the other hand, his spoilers don't really line up with several scenes and actors we know about. That said, if you're spoiler sensitive, I'd avoid the article.
About "that" one villian fight...

The script also seems to address the flaws of Man of Steel
neck snap.

Does it address the weak plot points of the film ?

Does it address the corny dialog witnessed in Man of Steel ?

It won't address the stilted acting in the previous film

This should be a Superman sequel not a Batman vehicle and Justice League spin off.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/12/15/find-out-supermans-situation-in-batman-v-superman/

New info Devin Faraci.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS

Batman's origin will take place in the beginning of the film.

neck snap.

Well, I definitely like the part where
even Swanwick is convinced of Superman's heroism by the time the film begins.
Not sure about the rest.

some of that stuff is a bit too on the nose

Goyer's conception of the character deserves the most comically oversized of middle fingers more than it deserves subtle critique. As long as said middle fingers are deployed sparingly, anyway.

strafer

This is the greatest pic.

Hi4HkHv.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Is it me or is Faraci at this point throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks with this movie? Dude seems to have an insider scoop about it like every week.

Obviously something is bound to stick, but it's just the law of probability at work and not because he has 'awesome inside scoop' on the movie.

So does Superman tell every criminal he puts away that he won't snap their neck or did he just decide to randomly bring that up 5 years later

inm8num2

Is it me or is Faraci at this point throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks with this movie? Dude seems to have an insider scoop about it like every week.

Obviously something is bound to stick, but it's just the law of probability at work and not because he has 'awesome inside scoop' on the movie.

These days I don't hold Faraci's credibility much higher than I do that of Latino Review. He does get reliable information from time to time, but between this and SW he just seems to want clicks every couple weeks from people hungry for rumors on the big franchise films.

Ahasverus

I don't believe all rumors, but the Batman and Wonder Woman parts look good, Batman's specially seems great as we wished that was the way for him to be introduced
with him at Metropolis' siege

Tabby

There have been heavy reports that he's in it and is
actually spawned from Zod's corpse.

So Aquaman, Doomsday and Kryptonite all spawned from Zod's death and his World Engine if the rumours are to be believed?
I'm not sure if I'm liking this. Hope it's all just bs.

So Aquaman, Doomsday and Kryptonite all spawned from Zod's death if the rumours are to be believed?
I'm not sure if I'm liking this. Hope it's all just bs.

I thought the rumors were that Aquaman was decended from the lineage of Poseiden and WW from the lineage of Zeus?

and Kryptonite was ironically created by the world machine trying to terraform earth.

Tabby

I thought the rumors were that Aquaman was decended from the lineage of Poseiden and WW from the lineage of Zeus?

and Kryptonite was ironically created by the world machine trying to terraform earth.
Well yeah but the World Engine does something to the ocean and that's why Aquaman is in the movie.

Sorry my bad, i should have said Zod + World Engine.
I'm not sure how I feel about how everything happens because of MOS.

Well yeah but the World Engine does something to the ocean and that's why Aquaman is in the movie.

Sorry my bad, i should have said Zod + World Engine.
I'm not sure how I feel about how everything happens because of MOS.

But what I remember reading, was that Aquaman decided to come to th esurface and find out WTF the land dwellers are doing because they just fucked up his ocean even more than usual. But he wasn't created in the event, he just came to address the surface dwellers because of it.

Odoul

"I won't snap your neck, I'm going to take you to prison,"

Swanwick tells the military that Superman will move the battle away from populated areas because he's a hero, and that's what heroes do.

FSwaNLR.png

I refuse to believe those lines are in the movie.

People bitch and moan about Goyer for THAT NONSENSE!?!?!

Game4life

Banned
How much of Batman can we expect to see in this movie? Will there be enough screen time? Since it is the first time we are seeing Ben play Batman I am hoping there will be a sizable chunk of the movie focusing on batman rather than being a guest star in a mostly Superman flick.

How much of Batman can we expect to see in this movie? Will there be enough screen time? Since it is the first time we are seeing Ben play Batman I am hoping there will be a sizable chunk of the movie focusing on batman rather than being a guest star in a mostly Superman flick.
Batman will definitely have a majority, he has to be completely established within this movie and has no scheduled solo movie yet.

We know we have
the origin scene as well as a Batmobile chase against seemingly low level criminals, Bruce in metropolis during MOS, and potentially Robin scenes

I'll guess
Batman 40%
Lex 35%
Superman 25%

IconGrist

The leaks seems to suggest otherwise. Apparently it's still very much a Superman movie.

From credible leaks to actor interviews and official statements it's been heavily insinuated Superman is the main focus of the movie. I only ever see Batman mentioned like that in speculation.

Alienous

http://badassdigest.com/2014/12/15/find-out-supermans-situation-in-batman-v-superman/

New info Devin Faraci.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS

Batman's origin will take place in the beginning of the film.

neck snap.

I sort of like the idea of
Bruce Wayne being interested in finding out more about Superman, and Clark Kent (as a journalist) being interested in finding out more about Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom