• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think Aquaman and Wonder Woman being absent in Man of Steel can thankfully be explained away easily as both come from isolationist kingdoms.

Maybe Earth's response to the world engine will force their hand in engaging the outside world.

Blunoise

Hey guys...

irnijwntsz1omvts8w.gif

wait what is going in this thread? i missing something i guess

.GqueB.

Banned
wait what is going in this thread? i missing something i guess

Marion Cobretti posted this thread under the guise of it being about the movie Batman vs . Superman. It went on for a bit but it seems that some people were behind the scenes pulling strings waiting for their "moment". It was recently revealed that this was actually a Man of Steel thread in disguise. It was a year long con that we all fell for.

Should've seen this coming.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Marion Cobretti posted this thread under the guise of it being about the movie Batman vs . Superman. It went on for a bit but it seems that some people were behind the scenes pulling strings waiting for their "moment". It was recently revealed that this was actually a Man of Steel thread in disguise. It was a year long con that we all fell for.

Should've seen this coming.

You mean like how Bucky Barnes is The Mandarin?

SPOILERS.

strafer

Amy Adams has some nice things to say;
“Well, I was doing a Superman [movie] — my part is mostly there,” Adams noted. “But it was really fun to get to play with these other characters that were coming in, and get to have Gal [Gadot] there, and get to have another girl on set.”

So if she was with Wonder Woman, did she get to see the whole trinity — Wonder Woman, Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) — in costume?

“I can’t really say!” Adams continued. “But I will say that Gal looks really, really good in that costume. I was like, really? They make them like you? That’s awesome… For you. I’m really happy for you. Not so much for me. But, Lois is a mortal.”

Apt101

I'm not familiar with Gal Gadot's work, but I hope she brings some gravitas to the role, some real presence. I realize it's just a comic book movie, but this is one part I don't think they can afford to fuck up.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I'm not familiar with Gal Gadot's work, but I hope she brings some gravitas to the role, some real presence. I realize it's just a comic book movie, but this is one part I don't think they can afford to fuck up.

Given how fantastic Faora was in MOS, I've no doubt Snyder's up for the task.

DaveH

Also...

"It's exciting to get to bring in all these other characters and I was really excited that Gal (Gadot) was involved, because it was a nice to have another girl on set, even if we don't work together a lot, it was nice to have her there," she told us.

When we suggested that Wonder Woman may offer some competition for Superman's affections, Adams dismissed that notion: "They always think that if you put in another woman and automatically... 'Catfight!' No, I think that's a male fantasy thing. I don't think that's reality."

Then she added, "I don't know how it will turn out, if we're going to be competition, but we are not in this, I can safely say, and we're not in real life. She's just the coolest girl ever."

Source

ReiGun

Also...

"It's exciting to get to bring in all these other characters and I was really excited that Gal (Gadot) was involved, because it was a nice to have another girl on set, even if we don't work together a lot, it was nice to have her there," she told us.

When we suggested that Wonder Woman may offer some competition for Superman's affections, Adams dismissed that notion: "They always think that if you put in another woman and automatically... 'Catfight!' No, I think that's a male fantasy thing. I don't think that's reality."

Then she added, "I don't know how it will turn out, if we're going to be competition, but we are not in this, I can safely say, and we're not in real life. She's just the coolest girl ever."

Source
Thank you! One of my biggest fears for both characters is alleviated.

jelly

There was zero chemistry in Man of Steel with Adams and Cavill. Crap writing, directing maybe. Didn't think she was a good Lois either. Lets see what BvS is like.

I know it's a crazy concept guys but maybe she shouldn't hook up with either

you know, keep her as her own character not directly tied to the big two?

no?

ok

These pairings are complicated. What, when Wonder Woman goes off to her own film, where does that leave Steve? These comic films tend to work some love story in. I'm overthinking it. Regardless, no Superman and WW is great news.

Peru

Lois simply wasn't a player in Man of Steel. No real reason for her to be there except to be there. Not really the fault of anyone, unless you think it's a fault to not give her a big spot - she just wasn't given any focus.

Game4life

Banned
a largely unoriginal premise coasting on fan-service led shock value, with mediocre at best writing and bad character design

Hmm.. I know the comic is not for everybody but I thought it is a cool whats if scenario that Batman always feared deep down about the Justice League in general and Superman in particular. I do have to say Year 2 took it a bit too far.

guek

Banned
Hmm.. I know the comic is not for everybody but I thought it is a cool whats if scenario that Batman always feared deep down about the Justice League in general and Superman in particular. I do have to say Year 2 took it a bit too far.
I'm not a big fan of the "Lois' death turns superman into a despot" trope

Game4life

Banned
I'm not a big fan of the "Lois' death turns superman into a despot" trope

If they ever wanted to turn Superman into a dangerous dictator I dont know how it could happen without Superman feeling some kind of immense personal loss. They chose Lois and the child as a possible driver. Otherwise the writers could have chosen the Kent family I suppose. Whatever it was it had to be triggered by personal loss.

If they ever wanted to turn Superman into a dangerous dictator I dont know how it could happen without Superman feeling some kind of immense personal loss. They chose Lois and the child as a possible driver. Otherwise the writers could have chosen the Kent family I suppose. Whatever it was it had to be triggered by personal loss.

or the fear of personal loss

Superman.jpg

guek

Banned
That superman can't help but turn evil when faced with the loss of a loved one paints him as an incredibly weak minded character. It's something countless heroes have had to face and get over without turning to world domination.

Rooster12

That superman can't help but turn evil when faced with the loss of a loved one paints him as an incredibly weak minded character. It's something countless heroes have had to face and get over without turning to world domination.

Those other countless heroes aren't capable of world domination.

If Moon Knight lost everyone he cares about what exactly can he do? Even if he wants to take over the world he couldn't.

Can Spider-Man take over the world? No, he just goes and makes the deal with the devil......

guek

Banned
Those other countless heroes aren't capable of world domination.

If Moon Knight lost everyone he cares about what exactly can he do? Even if he wants to take over the world he couldn't.

Can Spider-Man take over the world? No, he just goes and makes the deal with the devil......
Batman could. Flash too. Point is, they don't turn evil

Game4life

Banned

Well I would not associate Superman's singular resolve for abolishing violence and world conflict as incredibly weak minded. Year one actually was pretty grey in its depiction of who is right and wrong. Like I said Year 2 probably took it to far in the end but I do not think Superman's reaction paints him in any way as incredibly weak minded. It could have happened to any super hero. Its not like all super hero's follow the no kill policy. It took the concepts from under the hood a bit too far in my opinion though.

EDIT- Batman most certainly does not have the power to take over the world. He always picks his battles wisely. Even Superman could not take over the world succesfully without the help of Wonder woman, Flash, Green Lantern etc. No way Batman can.

Most of the time it doesn't matter anyway. Eventually the evil Superman stories all drop the pretense of trying to have Superman as sympathetic and turn him into an irredeemable psycho bad guy that Batman needs to stop and the immense personal loss just turns into a flimsy excuse

I would have preferred superman not to kill, it only becomes an issue for me if they ignore the consequences of it and don't address it in BvS or if they just have him keep killing. Superman shouldn't be ok with killing (he obviously wasn't at the end of MoS), but when the situation absolutely calls for it he should be able to make that choice. Leave the unrealistic ultimate Kantianism to Batman. I'm curious to see what WW will be like, she's usually less adverse to killing (but still doesn't revel in it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom