• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool take

RqzHTgj.png

That's a short cape.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I was under the strong impression that Shazam was a stand-in for Green Lantern. (considering an actor hasn't been announced and Green Lantern kind of goes MIA in the JL new 52 and Green Lantern still has a some very bad vibes).

It would also be stupid AF if they keep Dwayne Johnson locked out of the JL universe.

I'm guessing it'll be similar to GOTG.

Same universe, but they aren't going to interact much. Shazam has the Rock of Eternity to look after ya know?

Even after Burton and Nolan, I still feel there hasn't been a great Batman movie yet. When you're comparing them to the animated series and the Arkham games, it's easy to see where both film series fall short. I am curious how they'll squeeze two huge personalities into one film without it being overwrought or too jumbled.

Even after Burton and Nolan, I still feel there hasn't been a great Batman movie yet. When you're comparing them to the animated series and the Arkham games, it's easy to see where both film series fall short. I am curious how they'll squeeze two huge personalities into one film without it being overwrought or too jumbled.

Burton's film was limited by film tech at the time, Nolan wanted a grounded approach.

If snyder wants to go all out with the gadgets he should be able to now. Though I find the aspect least touched upon in all Batman films is the detective/investigative work. Need a good mystery Batman film.

Eh... I think I prefer the original. No trunks > trunks

No trunks works for Superman but i am really worried how Batman will look without them with a grey costume.
In the comics you can mess around with the lighting as much as you want and use shadows to give the suit the black it needs for balance.
But in real life im worried we get something like
(I think this would look better if the kneepads down were all black)

No trunks works for Superman but i am really worried how Batman will look without them with a grey costume.
In the comics you can mess around with the lighting as much as you want and use shadows to give the suit the black it needs for balance.

But in real life im worried we get something like

Valid concern, but this is Snyder we're talking about here. Whatever else the man's faults, he's hell on wheels when it comes to the visual aspects of directing. I have confidence he'll pull it off.

IconGrist

My only issue with the New 52 design is the belt. Batman has a use for his belt, Superman does not. Even Supergirl's costume doesn't have one.

jelly

The material still looks a bit weird or the over emphasised muscles don't do it any favours. Bit of both maybe. It doesn't seem right and I don't think the old ones work any better either. Maybe less shiny and less metallic stripes and pattern.

a916

Do not waste time on backstorys/origin/Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne and definitely give as little as possible to Lois. She's insignificant when it comes to the Justice League. (We didn't see Jane in Avengers which was the perfect move)

The movie is called Batman V Superman, there is so little to be gained from Lois and the only time we should see Bruce Wayne is to further the plot with Luthor that Batman couldn't. The times we see Bruce/Clark in Justice League media is so minimal compared to their hero counterparts, and it's for good reason. (the movie's I fully expect to go the opposite route and hopefully nails it despite that decision)

Do not waste time on backstorys/origin/Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne and definitely give as little as possible to Lois. She's insignificant when it comes to the Justice League. (We didn't see Jane in Avengers which was the perfect move)

We did see Pepper, though. For all of two scenes, but there was a love interest present.

DeathyBoy

Banned
We did see Pepper, though. For all of two scenes, but there was a love interest present.

And it was so,e of the films best stuff. Same with Banner - if anything The Avengers needed more of that humanity, and so does the Justice League. Show us what they're fighting for, ho we team affects their lives ETC. I want to see Clark and Bruce in a cafe, Vic being shown that humanity doesn't dear him, Barry in Central City on a case, Arthur surfing, Hal trying to pick up Carol. Character moments between the action. Slow it down so there's consequence later.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Didn't you hate the movie?

lol

I think Superman suit from MOS is almost perfection. they only needed a brighter blue (which look like it's what they are going with in BvS suit)

Selina Kyle cameo. believe.

I think it's time for Vicki Vale to return as Bats love interest (and show Lane who is the superior and best reporter of the DCU). but if DC want a new Catwoman then the rookie judge from Dredd (Olivia Thirlby) will be great.

So Hans Zimmer is doing the score again?

Should keep Batman's score similar to Nolan's trilogy in tone, but Superman should have an uplifting contrast to it. Going to be interesting to see how he highlights the differences between both character.

Wag

Should keep Batman's score similar to Nolan's trilogy in tone, but Superman should have an uplifting contrast to it. Going to be interesting to see how he highlights the differences between both character.

That means I'll have to bring my earplugs with me when I see the movie at my local IMAX theater.

ezekial45

Banned

Yes, but only for Superman's themes and the general music. Junkie XL, who's a regular collaborator with Zimmer, will being doing all of Batman's music. So it's pretty much like the setup they had for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, two different composers working on different aspects of the movie's score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom