• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Nah, I'm pretty sure I knew what I was doing when I did it. I'm unsure what it is you think you're doing right now, though.

It's sure as hell not working, I know that.
You just defended the criticism you made by using a criticism you didn't use. Truly brilliant stuff.

Dead Man

What?

Seriously man, what are you even trying to do right now?

edit: nevermind. Don't really want to hear the answer.

It's not that complicated. Your post was bad, it criticised someone for including extra information in their post. Then you tried to defend that by saying he hid it behind spoiler tags (which is what you should have criticised to begin with).

Have a good one.

They won't show anything this Super Bowl, it's too much money and the release is too far away. A teaser should drop between now and the spring. First longer trailer sometime over the summer. Super Bowl 2016 will have something, then the movie will be weeks from release.

I don't think money matters. Spending $4-5 million for a commercial with over 100 million people watching isn't actually that expensive (look up cost per mille).

Penguin

I don't expect a teaser before either Jupiter Ascending or something like that, but surprised they didn't find a way to keep the momentum going.

It's been very start/stop with the Batman/Batmobile reveal... then Superman... then Wonder Woman... then pretty much nothing for the rest of the year.

I don't think money matters. Spending $4-5 million for a commercial with over 100 million people watching isn't actually that expensive (look up cost per mille).

Warners probably won't have too much of a problem dropping the coin to get a 60 second spot during the Super Bowl.

Hell, wasn't their Matrix Reloaded Super Bowl spot considered one of the most successful advertisements up until that point? I remember that thing making an impact unlike anything since the Independence Day spot.

They'll wait until 2016's Super Bowl. Lettuce be real. Comic Con will be the first footage, and then some new scenes for the Bowl.

This is pretty plausible, too.

Warners probably won't have too much of a problem dropping the coin to get a 60 second spot during the Super Bowl.

Hell, wasn't their Matrix Reloaded Super Bowl spot considered one of the most successful advertisements up until that point? I remember that thing making an impact unlike anything since the Independence Day spot.

This is pretty plausible, too.

Did the opposite for Hulk. That shit looked baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I'm pretty confident they won't wait until Comic Con. There's no way WB will pass up having a trailer attached to Age of Ultron. TDKR was attached to The Avengers so there's precedent.

At this point, the idea of attaching a trailer to a movie carries a lot less weight than it used to.

It really doesn't need to be attached to ANYTHING. it just has to be uploaded to YouTube.

Penguin

What are WB's big films next years?
Do you mean 2016?
I imagine this... if you mean this year... hmm

At this point, the idea of attaching a trailer to a movie carries a lot less weight than it used to.

It really doesn't need to be attached to ANYTHING. it just has to be uploaded to YouTube.

I don't think the movie needs it, but figured attach it to Jupiter Ascending or something and could get a few extra butts in the theater to see it.

I don't think the movie needs it, but figured attach it to Jupiter Ascending or something and could get a few extra butts in the theater to see it.

Even with the biggest trailers, their ability to actually increase ticket sales to any really appreciable degree isn't very high.

But considering the buzz (unfairly earned or not) around Jupiter Ascending, it couldn't hurt. And considering Batman v. Superman's size, a trailer over a year out isn't out of the question, either. Star Wars just did it, for example.

inm8num2

If we get a trailer in the next month or two, I would guess they're focusing on FX shots for scenes that appear in the trailer (among others). This is one of those movies for which you don't want to release a trailer with noticeably unfinished shots. Those shots may still need some polish, but as a Snyder film a big marketing point will be the comic-style imagery. Give the people a few money shots and watch the hype grow!

Kouichi

No matter what the overall quality of this film ends up being, you know the trailers are going to be absolutely insane. That poor quality teaser was already hype as hell.

Cannot wait for the first trailer.

Penguin

Even with the biggest trailers, their ability to actually increase ticket sales to any really appreciable degree isn't very high.

But considering the buzz (unfairly earned or not) around Jupiter Ascending, it couldn't hurt. And considering Batman v. Superman's size, a trailer over a year out isn't out of the question, either. Star Wars just did it, for example.

This would be so much easier on Twitter, Bobby! :p

But yeah, I think while not a needle-mover, sure some people would be curious about it

Looking at Warner's sched... I imagine if nothing else, Mad Max will have something attached to it.

I wonder if it will be teaser, 2 trailers or tease, teaser, 2 trailers

Guess Ray Fisher got his team shirt
B6uCB0tCcAAMd6Y.jpg:large

No matter what the overall quality of this film ends up being, you know the trailers are going to be absolutely insane. That poor quality teaser was already hype as hell.

Cannot wait for the first trailer.

I wonder if they're going to re-use that footage for whatever teaser/trailer they do end up showing this year.

Then again - they never did release the comic-con trailer for Man of Steel in any fashion, although I believe all the footage they used in that reel ended up making it into each of the three trailers they did create for that movie.

This would be so much easier on Twitter, Bobby! :p

But there's no character limit here!

and embedded .gifs!

I'm most interested in how many trailers until Wonder Woman, Luthor and the rest are prominently featured. You just know Batman vs. Superman will be sold as the main event.

Penguin

I'm most interested in how many trailers until Wonder Woman, Luthor and the rest are prominently featured. You just know Batman vs. Superman will be sold as the main event.

Yeah
They could do that for an early tease
sneak at Batman
Sneak at Superman
Sneak at Wonder Woman

First teaser

From the Age of Ultron thread, here's a chart listing the tentative trailer dates for quite a few movies.

5ngoKfY.jpg

Batman v. Superman is listed as tentatively arriving with Jupiter Ascending.

edit: No idea where this chart is actually COMING from, however. Seems to have simply appeared on an imageboard.

Kal1138

Neo Member
If you notice at the top it says "Only an indication as to when certain trailers will/might be released. Not an official/complete schedule." and if you visit the site, you'll see that they also have 4 other dates for the BVS trailer. March 13, April 3, May 1 and May 15.

EDIT: The site is ProjectionList.com

If you notice at the top it says "Only an indication as to when certain trailers will/might be released. Not an official/complete schedule." and if you visit the site, you'll see that they also have 4 other dates for the BVS trailer. March 13, April 3, May 1 and May 15.

I noticed at the top, which is why I said "tentative," and if you'll notice in my post, I say I don't actually know where the chart is coming from. So I don't know what site to even visit.

Thank you for sourcing it.

Kal1138

Neo Member
Ah... Didn't notice the "tentative" part of your post. My bad.

I'm guessing we'll get a teaser with either Furious 7, or Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I was balls deep in Aquaman when Johns was penning it but I checked out quick when he was replaced. I want to see what Arthur looks like in this.

Gleethor

I was balls deep in Aquaman when Johns was penning it but I checked out quick when he was replaced. I want to see what Arthur looks like in this.

I have this weird feeling he won't go buy Arthur at all in this iteration. Momoa doesn't really look like an Arthur.

guek

Banned
Honestly, I'd say Momoa was a bit of a miscast for Aquaman and will continue to think so until we actually get to see him in action. I like the guy, Jason Momoa as a super hero sounds fantastic, I'm just not sure if he's a good fit for Aquaman. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though.

Honestly, I'd say Momoa was a bit of a miscast for Aquaman and will continue to think so until we actually get to see him in action. I like the guy, Jason Momoa as a super hero sounds fantastic, I'm just not sure if he's a good fit for Aquaman. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though.

idk i think he can do a good aquaman. although i did secretly hope DC would give Brock Lesnar a chance in film and cast him as aquaman , especially considering theyve been ripping off his likeness for quite a few iterations of aquaman.

BadAss2961

idk i think he can do a good aquaman. although i did secretly hope DC would give Brock Lesnar a chance in film and cast him as aquaman, especially considering theyve been ripping off his likeness for quite a few iterations of aquaman.
lol. I wouldn't mind seeing Brock involved in some sort of smaller role. Aquaman's definitely not a good fit for him though.

El Mayimbe (Latino Review) has hopped on the BvS teaser attached to Jupiter Ascending bandwagon.

I'm baffled as to why this film won't release until 2016.

For some reason I thought it was coming out this year.

WTF!? Seems like they've been in production for ages. Is it just me or does this movie have "clusterfuck" written all over it?

I'm late to the discussion table so forgive me for busting in with something that's most likely been discussed to death in this gargantuan thread.

Gleethor

WTF!? Seems like they've been in production for ages. Is it just me or does this movie have "clusterfuck" written all over it?

I'm late to the discussion table so forgive me for busting in with something that's most likely been discussed to death in this gargantuan thread.

It was delayed specifically so that it won't be a clusterfuck, and no you are far from the only one to express that sentiment.

ryan299

Originally is was suppose to come out this summer but they delayed it when they decided to build the DC universe until May 2016. They then moved it to March 2016 fearing Cap (they probably heard that RDJ was gonna be in it). I also think they said they wanted more post time, not sure though.

I don't think it's going to be a clustter fuck, just think that they didn't have all their plans set in stone and they movie got moved around once they solidified them. At one point a lot of people thought they were going to film this and Justice League back to back.

I think it will be a good movie. Trailer is going to be attached to Jupiter Ascending. No sure why people are saying the superbowl. Why would WB pay 4 million per 30 seconds for a movie that doesn't come out this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom