• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I'll wait for confirmation. ;)

p2nuhmT.png

I thought we didn't trust LR.

They are rather hit or miss. They've managed to completely nail down trailer descriptions for comic book movies such as Guardians of the Galaxy before, but they've also backed completely false rumors about films too.

They're about 60/40 on good days, 40/60 on the bad. Which, honestly, isn't a bad average considering they're trying to circumvent PR entirely with their reporting, as opposed to the rest of the enthusiast press, which is either "repost this press release in its entirety" or "link to this rumor without any sort of verification whatsoever just make sure you put a question mark in there somewhere."

Sometimes I wish this was just the studios trying to make a rumor to see what people\s reaction to it would be.
But damn I'll be down for some DC action this year, if ends up being true.

suaveric

Again, you have zero idea what the script looks like, how long it is, what the story entails, or how said story is paced.

That's true, but we do know there are a shit load of characters in the movie. Batman, superman, Lois, perry white, ma Kent, lex, that dude with the missing feet, Alfred, Wonder Woman, pre-cyborg, and most likely
aquaman
and
robin

There seems to be enough characters to make a two part movie.

Cheebo

Banned
Everything about the image and the way it came out screams fake.

However, most of these fake things tend to be based off stuff speculated by fans prior to the fake leak. I don't think anyone was discussing this as a possibility yeah? That is the only part that makes it hard to quickly dismiss it outright. If its fake I give the guy props for coming up with a pretty decent idea lol.

ryan299

It's quite possible that during editing they realized they had a ton of footage and asked Terrio to expand the script and then they will shoot more footage during reshoots, which I assume will happen in the Spring or Summer

I would really like to see a list of things they actually got right.

Most recently, they called Dave Bautista as playing "Hinx" in Spectre.

On the other hand, Mayimbe completely botched the roster for Suicide Squad

Then again, Mayimbe broke that Matt Damon was returning to Bourne, and Dave Gonzales described the Guardians trailer pretty accurately before anyone else did, same with Kellvin Chavez reporting that Lupita Nyong'o was going to be in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

But then again - Mayimbe totally got the Planet Hulk shit wrong, famously. And ran a story about what turned out to be Ray Fisher getting cast as Cyborg - without even considering Cyborg as the character in question.

But then there's Mayimbe calling that Baron Von Strucker is a secondary villain in Age of Ultron, and the Maximoff kids are working for him - shortly after getting the role Adam Driver was auditioning for in Batman v. Superman wrong.

That's from a quick search for the "exclusive" tag on the site.

Again - not a bad batting average for a rumor site.

That said, I have a hard time believing this isn't just some bullshit photoshop. I mean, is the release date of a movie this big really something you can keep secret until a teaser trailer is released? Isn't this something investors and shareholders are going to want to be privy long before audiences?

FoneBone

What do Peter Jackson's pacing habits/troubles have to do with a movie made by a completely different creative team?

The Hobbit was upped from two movies to three only after much of the filming had been completed. A decision to split BvS into two movies would not be a good sign coming this late in the game.

suaveric

The Hobbit was upped from two movies to three only after much of the filming had been completed. A decision to split BvS into two movies would not be a good sign coming this late in the game.

I'm pretty sure the Hobbit decision was made after the movie was completely shot. They had originally envisioned just two movies.

There were rumors last year while BvS was filming that they were actually filming two movies at once. People though it was BvS and Justice League. So maybe WB was thinking about this last year.

Blader

Wait, what's the difference? The Hobbit was split from two to three movies after filming wrapped, and this split -- if true -- would also come after filming for BvS has wrapped.

FoneBone

Wait, what's the difference? The Hobbit was split from two to three movies after filming wrapped, and this split -- if true -- would also come after filming for BvS has wrapped.

There isn't really a difference. I was trying to explain why this would be a similar situation to what happened with The Hobbit, regardless of Peter Jackson, though I guess I wasn't clear.

That said, I have a hard time believing this isn't just some bullshit photoshop. I mean, is the release date of a movie this big really something you can keep secret until a teaser trailer is released? Isn't this something investors and shareholders are going to want to be privy long before audiences?
Exactly - unless WB had only just decided to split it into two movies, it doesn't make any sense to keep it a secret.

a916

IF they do indeed split it... it BETTER be because it works better as a two part movie and NOT because DC wants more money from their one investment.

They can't afford to be putting out a mediocre product with this much at stake. It would also speak volumes about them putting an emphasis on $$ than establishing quality.

But that all depends on how the movie turns out.

Warner saw how The Hobbit went for them and are basically going "fuck it, everything's multi part now!" :p

They also split up Harry Potter... this makes too much sense from their eyes... uh oh.

Most recently, they called Dave Bautista as playing "Hinx" in Spectre.

On the other hand, Mayimbe completely botched the roster for Suicide Squad

Then again, Mayimbe broke that Matt Damon was returning to Bourne, and Dave Gonzales described the Guardians trailer pretty accurately before anyone else did, same with Kellvin Chavez reporting that Lupita Nyong'o was going to be in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

But then again - Mayimbe totally got the Planet Hulk shit wrong, famously. And ran a story about what turned out to be Ray Fisher getting cast as Cyborg - without even considering Cyborg as the character in question.

But then there's Mayimbe calling that Baron Von Strucker is a secondary villain in Age of Ultron, and the Maximoff kids are working for him - shortly after getting the role Adam Driver was auditioning for in Batman v. Superman wrong.

That's from a quick search for the "exclusive" tag on the site.

Again - not a bad batting average for a rumor site.

You forgot the EXCLUSIVE: We Know Who is playing the bad guy in the Avatar sequels! Schwarzenegger bullshit.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Well, if they are splitting it, at least the release date for Part 1 is October 2015. It's pretty unusual to get a big movie like that done five months early, but WB knows they need to get on their horse with the DCCU to catch up with Marvel's momentum, so while I'm skeptical, this would probably be a pretty good thing for them. The only result is that we'd get to see half of BvS five months sooner than we would otherwise, which doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

a916

Doesn't this scream WB though? They came into this like a company that wasn't really sure about it's plan... they really have no idea what they want to do if they make something like this this late into the game.

Well, if they are splitting it, at least the release date for Part 1 is October 2015. It's pretty unusual to get a big movie like that done five months early, but WB knows they need to get on their horse with the DCCU to catch up with Marvel's momentum, so while I'm skeptical, this would probably be a pretty good thing for them. The only result is that we'd get to see half of BvS five months sooner than we would otherwise, which doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

What if the movie is bad because they're forced to cut it into two parts? (not saying that it will be... but this is a very big downside considering the mixed reactions that MoS got)

Doesn't this scream WB though?

This is exactly why LR runs shit like this.

'It could make sense for X company to do this. I would believe it.'

'You think 80, 000 of our followers would?'

*nods*

'Print it.'

'What about journalistic integri-'

'Just mention possibility of rumour in the article and put a question mark in the title. So long as we get those hits.'

Penguin

Doesn't this scream WB though? They came into this like a company that wasn't really sure about it's plan... they really have no idea what they want to do if they make something like this this late into the game.

Does it?

The Hobbit is/was the only expansion I know of after they filmed the movies?

Potter 7/8 were planned ahead of time?

anaron

This is exactly why LR runs shit like this.

'It could make sense for X company to do this. I would believe it.'

'You think 80, 000 of our followers would?'

*nods*

'Print it.'

'What about journalistic integri-'

'Just mention possibility of rumour in the article and put a question mark in the title. So long as we get those hits.'

They have gotten major things right though, so I'm not sure what you're arguing against when if they decided to never run ANYTHING then we would miss out on legitimate news.

They have gotten major things right though, so I'm not sure what you're arguing against when if they decided to never run ANYTHING then we would miss out on legitimate news.

I'm arguing against the times when they obviously haven't checked their sources or start taking rumors from the sketchiest sources available for the sake of hits.

If you go back up to that bullshit Schwarzenegger Avatar story, you'll see that their info is pretty much based entirely on their own conjecture.

They do get some legit scoops, the problem is they use those few and far between credible pieces as cash to float the bullshit they spin to bring in hits.

a916

Does it?

The Hobbit is/was the only expansion I know of after they filmed the movies?

Potter 7/8 were planned ahead of time?

I believe someone above mentioned Matrix as well.

But I was mostly talking about how the biggest knock on WB has been their lack of foresight and faith in their properties. They seem so hesitant and haphazard with their planning that announcing something like this, this late in the game, kind of sounds like something WB would do too.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
What if the movie is bad because they're forced to cut it into two parts? (not saying that it will be... but this is a very big downside considering the mixed reactions that MoS got)

Why would cutting it into two parts make it bad? The story's either good or it isn't. Watching it all at once isn't going to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom