• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Henry Cavill looking good in a suit.

who would have thunk it.

B7CBaX3CMAAXQXb.jpg

IconGrist

How shall we spin it so this rumor still has some legs to stand on...

Easy. The day before Batman v Superman was officially announced they asked Cavill about the leaked news and he shot it down. Or denied knowing anything about it. Something along those lines.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Effect

Good. the rumor was all sort of stupid.

Now the clicks hungry sites need to turn this into "Supes wins confirmed. DC don't know how to handle Batman"

Dude need to be the next James Bond.

Remember reading he was actually up for the part but lost it to Daniel Craig.

Effect

Any of you seen this?

John Campea loses his shit over movie sites reporting that Batman v Superman was being split into 2 films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_0j_ANjUDc

I'm not his biggest fan but I do like when he rants.

Yup. Expected him to react like that over this. Don't think he's gone off like this before but he's made it clear in the past he hates when sites do this because he feels it makes this entire part of the industry look bad and amateurish.

strafer

How would you feel if they did this?

First trailer will focus on Clark Kent

Second trailer will focus on Bruce Wayne

and the third and finale trailer will have them both.

I think that would be sorta cool.

Yesterday, while bullshitting about Spider-Man, an old Batman vs Superman thread from last year got brought up. It was pretty funny - but I saw this post, and got curious:

KevinSmith said:
I have seen the suit. I did this Man Of Steel Yahoo, fan event when the DVD came out. I was hosting Zack Snyder was there, Amy Adams, we had Henry Cavill from satellite over in the UK, and you know it was all about Man of Steel. And at one point Zack talked a little bit about the future and Batman Vs Superman, but when the show was all done, Zack was all like ‘Kev come here, come here’, and he takes me over to the corner and whips out his phone, and he shows me a picture of Batman. Live action version of Batman. A very familiar Batman, I might add. It didn’t look like any of the cinematic Batmans that have ever gone before. He shows me that picture and behind Batman…Superman in the suit looming in the distance. Both on a roof top kind of thing. It was on a set, a little set the put together for this photo shoot. So I was like ‘Oh my god! Is that the suit?! The suit looks amazing! Did you get people to model it?’ And he goes, ‘That’s your boy.’ And I look closely and it’s Ben Affleck wearing the suit.

Why haven't we seen this fucking picture yet?

Since someone brought up Bond earlier in the thread:

Cavill's got more hair on his head in his 2nd movie as Superman than Connery did for From Russia With Love.

It'll be fine.

Senoculum

Yesterday, while bullshitting about Spider-Man, an old Batman vs Superman thread from last year got brought up. It was pretty funny - but I saw this post, and got curious:

Why haven't we seen this fucking picture yet?

It sounds like the Comic-Con teaser with Batman on the roof and Superman hovering close by. I gather it was one of the first things they shot for future publicity and for the comic con fans. I bet this photo shoot will be the main focus for the entire ad campaign (it sounds iconic already!), which should kick into high gear the final 6 months before release :(

IconGrist

So is there no DC Comics thread? I found a general comics thread and a specific Avengers comics thread but found nothing for DC specifically.

So is there no DC Comics thread? I found a general comics thread and a specific Avengers comics thread but found nothing for DC specifically.

This is basically the de-facto DC Cinematic Universe thread, I guess.

Which kinda makes sense as there's really no Universe if this movie doesn't work.

Since someone brought up Bond earlier in the thread:

Cavill's got more hair on his head in his 2nd movie as Superman than Connery did for From Russia With Love.

It'll be fine.

Even if it isn't fine, wigs can do a lot of work.

Penguin's OT

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918553

Still not a comic specific thread but you can pretty much talk shop about anything dc. Speaking of which

Future's end
Don't understand the flak this weekly is getting, enjoying it way more than countdown. Not 52 levels of awesome, but god damn that Masked Superman reveal. Only weakness is it requires knowledge of Earth 2 to really appreciate it.

IconGrist

Even if it isn't fine, wigs can do a lot of work.

Still not a comic specific thread but you can pretty much talk shop about anything dc. Speaking of which

Future's end
Don't understand the flak this weekly is getting, enjoying it way more than countdown. Not 52 levels of awesome, but god damn that Masked Superman reveal. Only weakness is it requires knowledge of Earth 2 to really appreciate it.

I've been out of the comics game a long time. Only recently found the time and funds to start back up. Been working my way through from the beginning of the New 52. I have Superman Vol. 1-3, JL Vol. 1-3, Action Comics Vol. 1-2, Batman Vol. 1, Supergirl Vol. 1-3, Detective Comics Vol. 1, and Wonder Woman Vol. 1-3.

What else should I look into? I want to pick up Aquaman and Batwoman in the near future.

Snyder's work on Batman stays consistently good,, I enjoyed Superman Unchained, JL is a mixed bag, though Trinity War and Forever Evil are really good. The Shazam backups are solid, they collected those into one paperback. I also enjoyed Batman & Robin but I can't remember how much it carried over from Morrison's run.

Earth 2 is really good and is becoming more integral to major plot lines right now.

Things I've heard are good:

Aquaman
Batwoman
Arrow after #17
Wonder Woman
Justice League United
Grayson (read after Forever Evil)
Red Lanterns
Sinestro
Animal Man
I, Vampire

Don't Recommend:
Batman: The Dark Knight
Detective Comics
Teen Titans vol 4
Deathstroke vol 1
Storm Watch

Penguin

There's an Avengers specific thread?

Odd.

Anyhow, I think most all of it just happens in the Comics GAF thread over in OT
I pop in from time to time.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I've been out of the comics game a long time. Only recently found the time and funds to start back up. Been working my way through from the beginning of the New 52. I have Superman Vol. 1-3, JL Vol. 1-3, Action Comics Vol. 1-2, Batman Vol. 1, Supergirl Vol. 1-3, Detective Comics Vol. 1, and Wonder Woman Vol. 1-3.

What else should I look into? I want to pick up Aquaman and Batwoman in the near future.

Batman
Batman Eternal
Batwoman (Vol 1-4)
Batgirl
Aquaman (Vol 1-4)
Wonder Woman (Vol 1-6)
Green Arrow (start with Vol 4 onwards)
Shazam
Animal Man
Forever Evil
Injustice (not tied to the rest of the canon)

Shaanyboi

Banned
Am I missing anything by starting Green Arrow that far in?

Nothing major. He was stranded on an island, is a superhero now, and he's also a member of the Justice League of America - a government sanctioned Justice League. Done.

It's a new writer, and he does a good job of making things newbie friendly.

ryan299

I'm not sure how well Devin from Badass rep is here but I found him pretty reliable since I've started following him. He just posted some info on twitter.

One thing I found interesting was he said there isn't too many characters in the film. He says it works and does not feel overstuffed like many people believe.

They still don't get Superman as he thinks Supes makes some decisions in the film that he doesn't think the character would make.
Superman > Batman in appearance. Seems like it is a MoS sequel.
He says the plot of the movie is interesting but will feel a bit retro compared to Avengers 2.

Obviously don't highlight if you don't want to be spoiled.

At the end of the film the League is fully formed.
No Green Lantern in the film.
No Brainiac in the film.
Batman still isn't the worlds greatest detective.
The plot points are very guessable. I think the structure of the film is obvious based off the title.

Effect

Assuming and hoping the possibility of a trailer with Jupiter Ascending is true does anyone know what the general feeling is regarding Jupiter Ascending? I know it was delayed but that doesn't really mean anything I think. Now that studios don't feel the need to release big films only in the summer. BvS is in March 2016 after all and Captain America 2 was April.

Honestly I like what I see from the trailers. I think the special effects look good. The premise seems pretty interesting. As for the films the Wachowski's have made I enjoy the Matrix Trilogy and I loved Speed Racer. I'm hoping it turns out well. If the trailer is attached I do want to end up seeing a good film and not go just to see the trailer on screen. Hell I'd like to see it anyway.

rude

Banned
A lot of work went into the lore, but I don't know much about it other than the fact that it was delayed. It looks kind of shitty and I don't care for Tatum or Kunis, but I feel obligated to see it since I wrote off Speed Racer (which turned out to be probably the best live action "children's" movie ever) at first glance too.

IconGrist

I'm not sure how well Devin from Badass rep is here but I found him pretty reliable since I've started following him. He just posted some info on twitter.

One thing I found interesting was he said there isn't too many characters in the film. He says it works and does not feel overstuffed like many people believe.

They still don't get Superman as he thinks Supes makes some decisions in the film that he doesn't think the character would make.
He says the plot of the movie is interesting but will feel a bit retro compared to Avengers 2.

No Brainiac in the film.
The plot points are very guessable. I think the structure of the film is obvious based off the title.

A lot of people say "Superman wouldn't do that" and then get surprised when they are shown an instance of him doing it in the comics frequently. I guess it depends on the context.

And why do no credible leakers ever mention the fight? Or what the hell Wonder Woman does in the movie? It always knocks down the believability of "leaks" for me when WW is ignored.

No Brainiac in the film.

What does league "fully" formed mean + no gl mean? Is everyone that has a film in the league by the end of BvS (supes, aquaman, ww, cyborg, batman, shazam, flash) but GL? Starting to oddly think we'll see Black Adam in the league because of how oddly early Rock was casted and how this film is already done shooting + pretty much all the other JL members have been casted so far but lantern. Most likely it's just his wording meant that it's officially formed at the end.

Ahasverus

The whole "is going to feel retro after Age of Ultron" refers to
how Doomsday is created from Zod's corpse and made with Kryptonian tech, the same as Ultron is born from the remnants of NY's invasion.

Blader

A lot of people say "Superman wouldn't do that" and then get surprised when they are shown an instance of him doing it in the comics frequently. I guess it depends on the context.

And why do no credible leakers ever mention the fight? Or what the hell Wonder Woman does in the movie? It always knocks down the believability of "leaks" for me when WW is ignored.

Wonder Woman joins in the final battle against Doomsday with the other two.

Batman
Batman Eternal
Batwoman (Vol 1-4)
Batgirl
Aquaman (Vol 1-4)
Wonder Woman (Vol 1-6)
Green Arrow (start with Vol 4 onwards)
Shazam
Animal Man
Forever Evil
Injustice (not tied to the rest of the canon)

My favorite C list series was I, Vampire. So damn good. Rest of this list is solid. Eternal is largely skippable until the trades though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom