• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game4life

Banned
Why the fk cant we get a super smart Batman for a change. Why is it so difficult for directors to get Batman right when they have plenty of source material to work with. Disappointing to hear these supposed plot leaks,.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so in that short interview Henry Cavill says it'll be a historic moment because of having Superman and Batman together...yet many sites and youtubers took what he said (was a carefully phrased comment too) and changed it and say "Cavill says BvS will be the best movie of all time!" when he didn't said that at all, and now we have wars on twitter over this between almost everyone over a something Cavill didn't said.

I know they are doing this for clicks but it's just annoying, especially how those sites now just post rumors and fake stuff about DC upcoming films.

so in that short interview Henry Cavill says it'll be a historic moment because of having Superman and Batman together...yet many sites and youtubers took what he said (was a carefully phrased comment too) and changed it and say "Cavill says BvS will be the best movie of all time!" when he didn't said that at all, and now we have wars on twitter over this between almost everyone over a something Cavill didn't said.

I know they are doing this for clicks but it's just annoying, especially how those sites now just post rumors and fake stuff about DC upcoming films.
Nevermind because BvS will be the the best movie of all time anyway !

Shaanyboi

Banned
Why the fk cant we get a super smart Batman for a change. Why is it so difficult for directors to get Batman right when they have plenty of source material to work with. Disappointing to hear these supposed plot leaks,.

Because getting Batman "right" can mean acouple dozen different things.

J10

Banned

It could still be the best movie of all time, though. OF ALL TIME THOUGH!

DeathyBoy

Banned
Because getting Batman "right" can mean acouple dozen different things.

Yep.

There IS no right Batman.

He's been a goof, a charmer, a broken fighter, a romantic, a sadist, a tortured soul, a caring father and brother, a thief, a paranoid psychopath, a beacon of hope, a pirate, a cowboy. He's fought New Gods and old criminals. He's fought his Rogues viciously and also tried helping them be rehabilitated. He's disowned his first-born son and in other continuities fought through Hell itself to save him from danger.

Batman is Batman. But who Batman is is a variable.

strafer

uh, he says it's cinematic history, not the best movie of all time.

obin_gam

Yep.

He's been a goof, a charmer, a broken fighter, a romantic, a sadist, a tortured soul, a caring father and brother, a thief, a paranoid psychopath, a beacon of hope, a pirate, a cowboy. He's fought New Gods and old criminals. He's fought his Rogues viciously and also tried helping them be rehabilitated. He's disowned his first-born son and in other continuities fought through Hell itself to save him from danger.

And that's why he's the best :)
secAYcO.jpg

munchie64

Yep.

Amazing post :')

Game4life

Banned
Yep.

But has he not always been the smart detective irrespective of the other differences?

DeathyBoy

Banned
But has he not always been the smart detective irrespective of the other differences?

No. In fact there's a lot of comIcs where he's legitimately poor at detective work.

The way DC works is that each Batman comic-book shows a different side of the character currently. Batman and Robin is the paternal side, Batman is the general blockbuster 'Batman is awesome and fails a lot but prep time' side, Detective Comics is procedural based so leans on his detective roots, Dark KnIght is batshit insane and sporadically amazing, Eternal is a love-letter to the Batman family throughout the years, and Teen Titans is poking fun at the idea that Tim Drake could ever be Batman.

Compbros

Yep.

And that's why he's the best :)

That's been several other heroes too though: Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc. It's not exclusive to Bats.

Effect

Not the first time we've seen that version of Batman pictured. At comic con when they showed off Wonder Woman for the first time the picture they displayed of Batman was him next to the batmobile standing like this with his head up right looking forward. It was ignored though by sites so they could keep using the "sad batman" picture and keep pushing that angle.

http://i.imgur.com/0YT72Kd.jpg

IconGrist

It's the sad batman pic all they did was rotate the picture so his head would be upright, look at how fat he is.

In case you're not joking, that's not the sad Batman pic. That was shot at a slightly different angle. Affleck's chin is more pronounced in this one. Less of the bat symbol is in view.

Yep.

secAYcO.jpg

IMO I felt Batman in the TImmverse came close

Throughout his long run, over B:TAS to cameos in S:TAS to Justice League and even Batman Beyond, he has played several of these different "types" (although not as extreme as these examples).

You would generally see the [toned down] lawful side in TAS , especially in the beginning when he was trying to save his newly formed rogues gallery members such as Catwoman and Two Face. Usually this side would come out thru Bruce more than Bats.

You would see the "Chaotic" (or kid version chaotic) side more when he was teaming with other characters since you were usually seeing Batman's methods from the other character's perspective. To contrast Batman from the rest of the Justice League, more often than not, Batman would be playing the role of bad cop to show playing by the book isn't going to help them save the world in whatever world threatening event that was taking place that episode.

BTAS is the perfect Batman that has been put on screen thus far.
He's the Vigilante, the detective, the hero (that we need), and the quack job we all deserve.

EDIT: We got this Batman
tumblr_mpf70bsyzN1rrkahjo8_250.gif

...but we also got this Batman
9dald.gif

ezekial45

Banned
The fight choreographer talks a bit about the movie.

Fight choreographer Guillermo Grispo promises that fans won’t be disappointed by the superhero showdown in Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

“There’s a thought that Batman has no chance, that the Superman will squash him like a bug,” Grispo, whose credits include Kingsmen: The Secret Service and The Legend of Hercules, told Los Andes Diario. “But when you see the movie, and how it all comes out, there’s a very intelligent explanation as to why they would have a firsthand confrontation, though it seems to be totally to Batman’s disadvantage.”

He explained that he wanted to approach the film’s fights from a more technical angle than director Christopher Nolan in his Dark Knight trilogy. “Now Batman is going to fight the way I’ve always dreamed seeing him fight,” Grispo said. “He’s a character so prepared in martial arts that you can do a lot of things with him, but filmmakers usually don’t go all the way with it. Even in the last Nolan movies the action scenes aren’t very good from a technical, martial arts point of view to things like choreography, filming, bad camera movements …

“Don’t get me wrong, Nolan is great, my hat’s off to him … but I think that he did not pay too much attention to the fights,” Grispo continued. “Those are the kind of details that Zack, being so physical himself, loves preparing. I think there’s going to be a big difference when you see these Batman fights in comparison to the previous ones.”

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...uperman-choreographer-promises-epic-showdown/

Dabanton

That interview is music to my ears. The fight scenes in the Nolan batman films were hot messes. The first time we see Batman in action in worlds finest is going to be amazing. Hopefully it's in slow mo as well :p

Prine

Banned

Damn, never really thought about Nolan's Batman films like that. I mean they are my favourite comic book movies of all time, but he's right, Nolan projected Batman as a strategic genius and was always one step ahead... but the fight scenes, especially with Bane did not match the rest of the films quality.

Looking forward to martial arts Batman, hyped!!

Loxley

I wonder if they were able to keep a lot of the movie under wraps because it's filming inside of an actual studio rather than outside?

Wouldn't surprise me. And if the majority of Batman's stuff was shot in a studio, it leads me to believe that Snyder is going for a more stylized Gotham City, one that can't be found in the real world. I'm pretty excited to see how it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom