• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

jey_16

Banned
http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/B...-Appear-in-Batman-v-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice/

I know you can’t say much about the movie right now — but what can you tell us?

I can tell you that I think it’s going to be badass! They’re just such an awesome team. The bits that I was on set for look fantastic; everyone in it is fantastic. It’s exciting; it’s high-energy; it’s high-action. They are addressing all of the things that they set up in “Man of Steel.”

Wow....she is gorgeous

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/B...-Appear-in-Batman-v-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice/

I know you can’t say much about the movie right now — but what can you tell us?

I can tell you that I think it’s going to be badass! They’re just such an awesome team. The bits that I was on set for look fantastic; everyone in it is fantastic. It’s exciting; it’s high-energy; it’s high-action. They are addressing all of the things that they set up in “Man of Steel.”

I never paid attention to her last name...cooooool

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So can we expect Bat vs Supes trailer to show up anytime soon? I mean DC/Warner needs to counter-attack those spider-man news with something :p

Penguin

Yeah, that news is/was a bombshell. Hopefully it'll force WB/DC to post a trailer sooner than planned, but far off enough to let the dust settle

she was indeed.

I don't think the launching of DC's biggest property ever is going to be overshadowed by a press release (a confirmation of something that's been long rumored). It would be the other way around... especially if it's a video teaser.

Yeah I'm not quite sure what some people are smoking to think otherwise.

A Batman/Superman teaser would be shared all over the internet within seconds. If anything now is the perfect time to release something.

In general terms sure, but you're dealing with a very very crazed audience.
Most will see it as nothing more than a desperate attempt to counter Marvel's recent announcement.

On that same note, when can I start calling Civil War a clustermuck? Cap, Iron Man, Panther, spidey, Widow, Falcon?

Senoculum

I posted this on the IMDB message board, but I'm curious about the marketing campaign for BvS. I'm getting sick and tired of films just plain posting their trailers on Youtube. Don't these suits have any sense of showmanship?

The Dark Knight had an Augmented Reality Game, where something like 80,000 people dressed in Joker makeup during comic-con, and where deciphering web pages revealed the first official photo of the Joker, and if you dug deeper, you would get first access to the third, FULL trailer. I think they should do something as material as that was; something exciting, interactive, and obviously rewarding for the consumer.

Star Wars had a "Star Wars Weekend" where about 100 theatres across North America showed the trailer in front of every movie, all day, for 2 nights. This was smart, because it didn't matter if you were watching the latest Dreamworks animated film, or a small-time drama, Star Wars made a splash!

Avatar had an "Avatar day" where every IMAX in North America showed the 25 minute Comic Con footage (invitation only), as well as the revelation of the Toy Line, theatrical trailer, and video game trailer. That was huge, and it obviously paid off for the film.

Warner Brothers needs to do a "BvS Day." What was great about Avatar Day was sitting in an IMAX seat with fellow enthusiasts and having a good time, and there's no arguing that the best way to watch a movie is in a comfy theatre. Unfortunately for us who've been dying to get any footage of BvS, Avatar had a marketing campaign of 5 months before release, meaning if WB followed suit, we'd see something at October. But it truly was 5 months of every film magazine, every newspaper, every website saying "You must see this film."

What would you do if you were in charge?

Penguin

I posted this on the IMDB message board, but I'm curious about the marketing campaign for BvS. I'm getting sick and tired of films just plain posting their trailers on Youtube. Don't these suits have any sense of showmanship?

The Dark Knight had an Augmented Reality Game, where something like 80,000 people dressed in Joker makeup during comic-con, and where deciphering web pages revealed the first official photo of the Joker, and if you dug deeper, you would get first access to the third, FULL trailer. I think they should do something as material as that was; something exciting, interactive, and obviously rewarding for the consumer.

Star Wars had a "Star Wars Weekend" where about 100 theatres across North America showed the trailer in front of every movie, all day, for 2 nights. This was smart, because it didn't matter if you were watching the latest Dreamworks animated film, or a small-time drama, Star Wars made a splash!

Avatar had an "Avatar day" where every IMAX in North America showed the 25 minute Comic Con footage (invitation only), as well as the revelation of the Toy Line, theatrical trailer, and video game trailer. That was huge, and it obviously paid off for the film.

Warner Brothers needs to do a "BvS Day." What was great about Avatar Day was sitting in an IMAX seat with fellow enthusiasts and having a good time, and there's no arguing that the best way to watch a movie is in a comfy theatre. Unfortunately for us who've been dying to get any footage of BvS, Avatar had a marketing campaign of 5 months before release, meaning if WB followed suit, we'd see something at October. But it truly was 5 months of every film magazine, every newspaper, every website saying "You must see this film."

What would you do if you were in charge?

I think fans have just grown jaded on a lot of these "gimmicks."

I remember when TMNT had that weird social media campaign to unlock the trailer, and there either wasn't enough interest or too long a process, the entire process dragged out over a very long and tedious weekend.

And Warner has done the first-look at imax before, but again that limits your potential since only a few hundred in the country.

They could be REALLY lame and start up a #TeamBatman or #TeamSuperman campaign or something.

Mario007

...That's the joke :p

The funny thing is that characters like Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman have been confirmed to be pretty much just cameos. In Cap3 people like Fury, Widow, Black Panther or Spiderman will definitely NOT be regulated to those roles. So Cap3 is more of a "bloated mess" than BvS.

Effect

The funny thing is that characters like Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman have been confirmed to be pretty much just cameos. In Cap3 people like Fury, Widow, Black Panther or Spiderman will definitely NOT be regulated to those roles. So Cap3 is more of a "bloated mess" than BvS.
It's not just Captain America 3. Look at how many characters were actually in Captain America 2: Winter Soldier that got a focus. This is why the complaints about BvS when it comes to the number of characters in it were and are BS and hypocritical and those that pushed it and would praise Marvel right afterward were and are hypocrites.

IconGrist

I don't see WB/DC feeling pressure. I don't think people have been waiting as long for a Spider-Man appearance in a Avengers movie as long as they've been waiting for a Batman/Superman team up movie.

ReiGun

I just don't think WB/DC nor Disney/Marvel care as much about this rivalry as fans want to believe they do.

At the end of the day, they all gonna get paid.

IconGrist

I just don't think WB/DC nor Disney/Marvel care as much about this rivalry as fans want to believe they do.

I said this to a friend earlier and he looked at me like I had told him the truth about Santa Clause.

ReiGun

I said this to a friend earlier and he looked at me like I had told him the truth about Santa Clause.

LOL

In one year when BvS and Civil War both make $800+ million worldwide, the fanbase will rip itself apart because one made like $2500 more than the other.

Meanwhile, at WB and Disney headquarters...

giphy.gif

ryan299

Word on twitter is that the trailer isn't coming until May with Mad Max. If they're going to wait that long then they should just release the comic con teaser now and have a full trailer then

Of course they don't.

It's not like telling someone Santa doesn't exist. It's like telling a kid that Wrestling isn't real.

Because that's all Marvel vs. DC has ever been. It's a Pro Wrestling work. Hell, the people involved aren't even working it anymore. it's almost entirely fan/media generated at this point.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Word on twitter is that the trailer isn't coming until May with Mad Max. If they're going to wait that long then they should just release the comic con teaser now and have a full trailer then

They'll probably reveal something before May or during Comic-con if they decide to stay dark for that long.

Sephzilla

Of course they don't.

It's not like telling someone Santa doesn't exist. It's like telling a kid that Wrestling isn't real.

Because that's all Marvel vs. DC has ever been. It's a Pro Wrestling work.

I think they only thing WB/DC and Disney/Marvel care about is just trying to schedule release dates around each other so they don't step on each others toes.

I think they only thing WB/DC and Disney/Marvel care about is just trying to schedule release dates around each other so they don't step on each others toes.

Exactly.

"I won't knock the porkchop off your plate if you don't knock one off mine."

That's the WB/Disney "rivalry" right now.

Fun fan theory about Hal Jordan casting

I just hope Aquaman, Suicide Squad, Cyborg, GL & Shazam are good enough and perform well enough to warrant sequels. I have a hard time seeing JL, Batman, Supes or WW being rejected by the public. If those films fail it only encourages DC to double down on the trinity, like comic book sales encourage them to double down on the bat family.

Has this been posted or am I late?
Hal Jordan been cast?

KingK

Fun fan theory about Hal Jordan casting

I just hope Aquaman, Suicide Squad, Cyborg, GL & Shazam are good enough and perform well enough to warrant sequels. I have a hard time seeing JL, Batman, Supes or WW being rejected by the public. If those films fail it only encourages DC to double down on the trinity, like comic book sales encourage them to double down on the bat family.

I'm not worried about Suicide Squad as long as BvS doesn't bomb. Joker, Harley Quinn, and Will Smith should be enough to make that movie pretty huge. Joker himself is more popular than most super heroes. I'm more worried about the others like GL and Aquaman. I think as long as BvS and the Justice League movies are as big as everyone hopes, the solo movies will all do fine, like marvel.

Penguin

Of course they don't.

Because that's all Marvel vs. DC has ever been. It's a Pro Wrestling work. Hell, the people involved aren't even working it anymore. it's almost entirely fan/media generated at this point.

I will just say that I don't think either company cares

Looking at it more from how the internet will react to these things.

BadAss2961

Of course they don't.

It's still real to me dammit.

Seriously though, I don't give a shit about the MCU. But the Marvel fans need a humbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom