• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Well if want something to discuss... Latino Review is claiming that the replacement Rick Flagg actor will be announced by week's end.

Loxley

This thread's severely lacking in fan posters.

Have no fear, DeviantArt is here!

yxOB2Ju.jpg
O3yiAov.jpg

Rooster12

Only black superhero we get is cyborg. I don't care for cyborg. Wtf WB.

You would care for him if he was in a Teen Titans movie, a solo Cyborg movie is dumb.

DC has better Black characters than Marvel overall but a lot of them won't work as a lead solo.

You might get John Stewart in that Green Lantern movie though

Half and half

I see it more as... we ran out of Potter books... we ran out of LoTR material

We're going to mine comics because they are popular. And make bank.

Probably why announced at an investors call before the final Hobbit film.

DC/WB would not be making these movies if not for Marvel's success. That's a 99.9% guarantee. They treat their own characters (anyone except Batman) like trash

Penguin

DC/WB would not be making these movies if not for Marvel's success. That's a 99.9% guarantee. They treat their own characters (anyone except Batman) like trash

I slightly disagree
While, I don't deny that Marvel's success has lit a fire under their arse.

We know they've tried to get both a Superman/Batman team-up film off the ground, but Justice League before Marvel made it big.

But was always sidelined or not the right time.

Now their hands are forced.

Penguin

“It was all agreed that the worlds are all interconnected… One day you will see Black Adam go at it with Superman or Batman or any of the DC characters. But that said, there’s a great independence to Black Adam from the DC world, allowing us to inject, not only viciousness, but also winking humour.”

For people who feared

1)Shazam wasn't part of the DCCU
2)The no-joke policy (though I think that one died that as quickly as it sprouted up)

http://batman-news.com/2015/02/11/dwayne-johnson-one-day-will-see-black-adam-go-superman-batman/

DaveH

We know Spidey will be in the MCU, but we don't know that the Spidey stand-alone films will take place in the MCU in any meaningful sense (since that would require additional licensing to allow Sony Pictures to use Marvel assets). So although Spidey will be the first on-going shared-universe superhero to have a film produced by another production company than the one running the shared-universe... Shazam may still be the first on-going shared-universe superhero to have a film produced by another production company while allowing that other producer access to the shared-universe.

It seems nitpicky, but it matters because if Shazam is a success it means that the WB can farm out DCC Universe films (and not just characters, like with Spidey / Sony).

Rooster12

Pretty sure the no-joke policy was aimed at the Green Lantern failure of a movie.

Hal Jordan was a pretty serious character, why would they make him joke around. That's like having Black Panther cracking jokes every 5 minutes.

I think he means like what Marvel did when they announced Phase 3. Or rather, a specific press release/video/Comic-Con thing. The DC Movie slate was part of an overall investors call that spoke about some of DCs upcoming movies & franchises (Lego/Lego Batman/Fantastic Beasts + Where To Find Them).

I mean, that's typically how the film industry works. Things like announcing Batman V Superman at Comic-Con and announcing all those Marvel movies at a big press event are the exceptions to the rule. Nearly all film news is broken through trade publications.

The movie industry isn't like the game industry where everyone trots out all their announcements at E3 every year.

BLACKLAC

Pretty sure the no-joke policy was aimed at the Green Lantern failure of a movie.

Hal Jordan was a pretty serious character,why would they make him joke around. That's like having Black Panther cracking jokes every 5 minutes.

He is? He was cracking jokes all the time in GL:TAS, which was one of the reasons it was so great.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

Hal Jordan was a pretty serious character, why would they make him joke around. That's like having Black Panther cracking jokes every 5 minutes.

Since when? Apparently I've been reading the wrong Green Lantern comics this whole time

While I really like New 52 Shazam I feel that there's more to gain if the Black Adam were a part of the justice league, especially if they're playing up an anti hero personality. It would be interesting to see the conflict he could bring to the team, similar to how Black Adam acted in JSA as he tried to redeem himself and become a modern age hero (he ultimately failed though and lapsed into becoming a hard justice guardian of his native homeland).

That and I really would like a Supes vs Black Adam fight :p.

Ahasverus

supermanthatsright4gu5y.gif

That, and and it's the most relavent place to talk and speculate about BvS specifically. Having said that, I think the thread title could probably be updated to include the "Dawn of Justice" title and not "World's Finest".
The title is not about the movie, it's about the painful wait, I love it :p

Penguin

That, and and it's the most relavent place to talk and speculate about BvS specifically. Having said that, I think the thread title could probably be updated to include the "Dawn of Justice" title and not "World's Finest".
I like it...
It's part of history

I respect how early this thread started.
The funny thing... and I could be wrong, it was started when this film was originally slated to come out in just a few months. :(
We've been through a delay.. and then a push forward

Where else are we going to talk about DC on neogaf?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918553

Shill shill shill! :p

Also just started watching this, but History of Batman in Cinema... I sadly own everything featured

http://vimeo.com/119087147

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom