• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
blogger-image-1901807815.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so there is no trailer with Jupiter Ascending. again and again rumors about BvS/other DC films turn to be false.

Yea I can't believe we have over a year to go still. Fucking ridiculous!

and it was even more than that (May 2016) before they moved it to march 2016.

Even though we kind of already have an idea of what to expect, I really wish we had an idea of how this movie is gonna look and feel.

I wish we had a damn trailer already. Even if only the teaser officially.

They should've did Fall 2015 or maybe early September.

March is just way too fucking long.

Originally the release date was fall of this year (I want to say August?) but I guess they needed more time. Then it was the same day as an unannounced Marvel movie, so when it was announced it would be Cap 3, DC/WB was like "Fuck that" and moved it to April 2016

Originally the release date was fall of this year (I want to say August?) but I guess they needed more time. Then it was the same day as an unannounced Marvel movie, so when it was announced it would be Cap 3, DC/WB was like "Fuck that" and moved it to April 2016

I'm still surprised they did that. I get that they want some space for themselves, but I don't see a world where Cap 3 (even post Winter Soldier Cap 3) beats Superman and Batman together at the box office.

Still, I suppose that's kind of a silly way of looking at it. They don't care whether or not they beat Marvel, just how much money it makes, and it'd definitely make less if it came out on the same day.

I'm starting to lose hope that we'll have a Feb teaser. If nothing is announced in the next few days then we probs wont get anything anytime soon. April or May is starting to look more likely.

And yea I cant believe its still over a year until this comes out and it wrapped filming like, what, 3 or 4 months ago? Its crazy.

I'm still surprised they did that. I get that they want some space for themselves, but I don't see a world where Cap 3 (even post Winter Soldier Cap 3) beats Superman and Batman together at the box office.

Still, I suppose that's kind of a silly way of looking at it. They don't care whether or not they beat Marvel, just how much money it makes, and it'd definitely make less if it came out on the same day.
Yeah it would be a losing situation for both movies to release on the same day regardless of who made more.

Yeah it would be a losing situation for both movies to release on the same day regardless of who made more.

This. There would be people that, for a variety of reasons, only have the means or desire to see one of the two. Both movies would have a cut of their audience taken away, and technically Marvel had the date first.

FTF

They should have left it in early April 2016, which has nothing else of significance being released (atm): http://boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=bydate&release=theatrical&yr=2016&p=.htm
Where as March currently has Warcraft and Kung-Fu Panda 3 1-2 weeks before, and Beverly Hills Cop the same weekend.

bryanee

Sure, it doesn't really have to worry about them, but keeping it early April still makes more sense.

Or release it as is and not worry about any of the movies coming out around it as they wont really have any effect on the movie and still have April to itself to help with its legs.

KingK

Thurs
Wedn
The rest of Monday!

I don't care, I just want.

Also Michelle MacLaren directed tonight's Better Call Saul, if nothing else WW will be a well-shot movie
McLaren is a fantastic director. She's done some really good episodes of some of my favorite shows (GoT, breaking bad, walking dead). Definitely gives me a lot of hope for the WW movie.

DaveH

Yeah... I imagine after tonight's news... if I were Warner/DC I'd hold it off at least a week.

No matter how good or bad the teaser is, this Spider-man news will cast a shadow.

Yeah, that news is/was a bombshell. Hopefully it'll force WB/DC to post a trailer sooner than planned, but far off enough to let the dust settle

She was the "I think he's kinda hot" lady, right?

she was indeed.

Effect

Yeah I would like to think this Spider-man news would push them to release something big to bring the spotlight back on them but it might be better to hold off until it dies down a little. This is a big and actually amazing move for Marvel and Sony. So much so that films are getting pushed back to accommodate it. However I hope it lights a fire under WB's ass. I know they move at their own pace but something, anything would be nice for those that are more DC fans then Marvel fans.

a916

Yeah... I imagine after tonight's news... if I were Warner/DC I'd hold it off at least a week.

No matter how good or bad the teaser is, this Spider-man news will cast a shadow.

I don't think the launching of DC's biggest property ever is going to be overshadowed by a press release (a confirmation of something that's been long rumored). It would be the other way around... especially if it's a video teaser.

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/B...-Appear-in-Batman-v-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice/

I know you can’t say much about the movie right now — but what can you tell us?

I can tell you that I think it’s going to be badass! They’re just such an awesome team. The bits that I was on set for look fantastic; everyone in it is fantastic. It’s exciting; it’s high-energy; it’s high-action. They are addressing all of the things that they set up in “Man of Steel.”

Hmmm, was she named in MOS? I cant remember. Her characters name is extremely similar to Carol Ferris I dont recall anyone making the connection when MOS was released.

Dabanton

I don't think the launching of DC's biggest property ever is going to be overshadowed by a press release (a confirmation of something that's been long rumored). It would be the other way around... especially if it's a video teaser.

Yeah I'm not quite sure what some people are smoking to think otherwise.

A Batman/Superman teaser would be shared all over the internet within seconds. If anything now is the perfect time to release something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom