• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

we can't lose the worlds finest in the title because that is what makes the joke. Its the worlds finest three year wait.

But Shazam in dcu is great news, was worried they would separate it.

supermanthatsright4gu5y.gif

That, and and it's the most relavent place to talk and speculate about BvS specifically. Having said that, I think the thread title could probably be updated to include the "Dawn of Justice" title and not "World's Finest".
The thread title is all about the wait. Even if there's only one year left, it's been a long ride, and the thread is all about the wait.

Besides, it keeps with the theme.

The title always stings a bit though since they didn't actually go with "Worlds Finest" as the subtitle :-(

instead it sounds like a damn court case. title seems kind of clunky.

i wonder if they'll rename it batman & superman
or batman bin suparman

Rooster12

He is? He was cracking jokes all the time in GL:TAS, which was one of the reasons it was so great.

Yes, it's fairly standard knowledge that Hal Jordan is a serious no-jokes type of guy, one of the main "complaints" that I read about the movie and the show is that they made Hal Jordan into a wise-cracking dude. GL:TAS is good though, mainly because they really dived into the GL mythos and seeing all the other colored corps was awesome, the over-arching story is great too.

Flash (Barry Allen mostly) is also pretty serious compared to the guy on the Justice League cartoon.

Meh, given MoS, I still think there's a decent chance that the "no jokes" rumor is true, at least for most of their slate.

By "true," I don't mean in the absolute, literal sense, just... like MoS.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
After watching the guest I think Dan Stevens would be a good choice

Not saying I agree or disagree, but it's interesting that, prior to Craig, this suggestion would have been laughed away without so much as a discussion. Daniel Craig really broke down barriers for tall, good-looking blond-haired blue-eyed men in Hollywood. He is basically the Sidney Portier of our time.

Yes, it's fairly standard knowledge that Hal Jordan is a serious no-jokes type of guy, one of the main "complaints" that I read about the movie and the show is that they made Hal Jordan into a wise-cracking dude. GL:TAS is good though, mainly because they really dived into the GL mythos and seeing all the other colored corps was awesome, the over-arching story is great too.

Flash (Barry Allen mostly) is also pretty serious compared to the guy on the Justice League cartoon.

Come on, man. This is a ridiculous statement.

Bit-Bit

LOL, this thread. Every day it moves inch by inch. If you go back through the last few pages, you can slowly see the descend into madness.

I think the tipping point was when Jupiter Ascending didn't get the trailer.

I'm contributing to the madness.

Penguin

LOL, this thread. Every day it moves inch by inch. If you go back through the last few pages, you can slowly see the descend into madness.

I think the tipping point was when Jupiter Ascending didn't get the trailer.

I'm contributing to the madness.

Why I started my super long and drawn out marathon of the animated universe

And going to start a MCU rewatch this weekend.

Rooster12

Come on, man. This is a ridiculous statement.

Believe what you want. He wasn't funny in Geoff John's run and he sure as hell wasn't funny in Gerard Jones/Ron Marz run.

This review pretty much explains it

http://budsreviews.blogspot.com/2011/06/green-lantern-2011.html

Just to give some sense of continuity between the era of Hal Jordan and Kyle Raynor, and the primary differences between the two characters, it must be noted that Hal Jordan didn't need to be a well-formulated character with personality quirks when he was introduced to comic book readers. Hal Jordan was a fearless jet pilot, and that was entirely why he was selected by the dying alien Abin Sur, and for no other reason. Hal Jordan was a stone-faced and stoic character, and he was almost always presented as being no-nonsense to the extreme.

My guess is that WB is waiting for the Avengers rave to come and go, after that, It's DC time!

Meh, they've got 3 months to go. Though the Spiderman announcement was out of the left field, I don't think they're worried about any marvel announcement that would overshadow their trailer. Ant Man doesn't pose a threat and Ultron already had his big reveal. Personally I'm still optimistic we'll get a teaser trailer this month or next month.

Finaika

Meh, they've got 3 months to go. Though the Spiderman announcement was out of the left field, I don't think they're worried about any marvel announcement that would overshadow their trailer. Ant Man doesn't pose a threat and Ultron already had his big reveal. Personally I'm still optimistic we'll get a teaser trailer this month or next month.

What if Wolverine joins the MCU?

ReiGun

WB will announce that Batman joins the DCU. Thus exciting people that had no idea that Batman's rights were never sold and that DC and Marvel aren't the same company.

"Warner Bros has announced that we have reached a deal with DC Entertainment to produce films based on the Flash, Wonder Woman, and several other amazing heroes of the DC Universe."

"YAY!....Wait a minute...."

We're so thirsty for any information we can get. Around what time are teaser trailers usually released?
A year before release? TDKR teaser came with Deathly Hallows P2 and Man of Steel teaser with TDKR.
So I'm guessing will be getting something in March, in what movie, I got no idea. I'll probably be released online like EP7.

"Warner Bros has announced that we have reached a deal with DC Entertainment to produce films based on the Flash, Wonder Woman, and several other amazing heroes of the DC Universe."

Some people would seem to prefer if the TV universe was brought to the big screen (for me gustin's flash yes, Amell's arrow no)

They could totally pull it off too :p.

Some people would seem to prefer if the TV universe was brought to the big screen (for me gustin's flash yes, Amell's arrow no)

Out of all the JL casting I'm not sold on Flash at all. If they can I'd go with Gustin, universe continuity be damned. Ezra Miller does not strike me as super hero at all.

Fuck it, pull a COIE and make Gustin appear in movie universe and Wally take his place on Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom