• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

jey_16

Banned
i'm hoping with the amount of production time they have on this that they really nail CGI, thought some of the stuff in Man of Steel was pretty bad

Loxley

Meh, given MoS, I still think there's a decent chance that the "no jokes" rumor is true, at least for most of their slate.

By "true," I don't mean in the absolute, literal sense, just... like MoS.

Man of Steel was also written by Goyer, who is, at best, crappy at writing humor. There was some humor to be had in the movie, but a lot of it just fell flat.

Besides, from what we know of the plot for MOS (Metropolis is pissed at all of the destruction caused by Supes and Zod), it's possible that WB/Snyder listened to the criticism that the movie completely lacked a sense of humor or joy of any sort in it's story and BvS will have a little more fun with itself.

Man of Steel was also written by Goyer, who is, at best, crappy at writing humor. There was some humor to be had in the movie, but a lot of it just fell flat.

Besides, from what we know of the plot for MOS (Metropolis is pissed at all of the destruction caused by Supes and Zod), it's possible that WB/Snyder listened to the criticism that the movie completely lacked a sense of humor or joy of any sort in it's story and BvS will have a little more fun with itself.

Goyer does not have a funny bone in his body. See his comments about She-Hulk and Martian Manhunter. Dude has a bad case of foot-in-mouth syndrome.

One would hope. But honestly, the rumors about how much of the plot will revolve around fallout from MoS only make me more doubtful that the film will take itself less seriously.

I'd be much happier with a soft reset that began with a decent time jump, acknowledged the events of MoS to a limited extent, and then moved on.

Some stuff showing up I think from a licensing fair...

Trying to find a good link...

Edit: boom, new Bat angle.

ImOlkgx.jpg

isnt that from a youtube video? you can see the window in the corner.

Yeah, it's from a video about a licensing expo in (I think?) Hong Kong. There's some brief video of the WB booth, and you can see that image a few times. Someone on SHH took one of the closer shots and straightened it out.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Any knowledgeable people here have an idea about when we can expect some new media? Preferably the possibility of something before comic con, because we never get anything out of it.

Any knowledgeable people here have an idea about when we can expect some new media? Preferably the possibility of something before comic con, because we never get anything out of it.

I hope so, but who knows. DC is playing this really close to the chest. Doubt we'll see anything at Toy Fair this year either. Though we did get that banner at some trade show...

I think they might. The armor definitely had lenses, and we haven't gotten a good look at the eyes on the regular suit yet. So it's possible they'll be added in post or something.

The HQ profile shot they released of Batfleck didn't have lens those. He had the black make-up and visible lashes. Surely that official release is indicative of the final product. It had a filter so it went through post production, so you'd think if they were going for lens they'd have put them in along with the picture effects.

Personally I'm happy with the whites eyes staying in the comic. I don't consider them to be lens anyway, to me they are just how Batman eyes are rendered in print.

You know - not trying to throw shade but, like, I keep coming into this thread each time expecting something to go down with all the captain insano announcements we've had these past few months from Marvel. Just not happening. Where is the discussion for this right now? What kind of tone are going to get from this?

I just want to know the status of this movie.

The HQ profile shot they released of Batfleck didn't have lens those. He had the black make-up and visible lashes. Surely that official release is indicative of the final product. It had a filter so it went through post production, so you'd think if they were going for lens they'd have put them in along with the picture effects.

Personally I'm happy with the whites eyes staying in the comic. I don't consider them to be lens anyway, to me they are just how Batman eyes are rendered in print.

You mean the Sad Batman shot? I thought that was taken in black and white.

Penguin

You know - not trying to throw shade but, like, I keep coming into this thread each time expecting something to go down with all the captain insano announcements we've had these past few months from Marvel. Just not happening. Where is the discussion for this right now? What kind of tone are going to get from this?

We all are waiting.

We know as much as you do.

It's just more general speculation for now

This thread will probably be mostly fan theories until comicon, and then early next year. The filming has finished so now it's in post production, unlikely that there will be any more leaks. The entire film has been very secretive, we've gotten a few shots of Cavil, like zero of Batman, one of Brucefleck, none for Gadot, some Batmobile footage and that is it. About the only thing we've gotten is vague encouraging statements from the cast like "This movie is so awesome!" which really doesn't tell us anything.

Schweinehund said:
This thread will probably be mostly fan theories until comicon, and then early next year. The filming has finished so now it's in post production, unlikely that there will be any more leaks. The entire film has been very secretive, we've gotten a few shots of Cavil, like zero of Batman, one of Brucefleck, none for Gadot, some Batmobile footage and that is it. About the only thing we've gotten is vague encouraging statements from the cast like "This movie is so awesome!" which really doesn't tell us anything.

Which is kind of par the course I suppose. Or maybe it isn't. I hate to make the obvious comparisons but to their competitor but, they really should get ahead of the message. They did something similar with MOS where we only saw a pic of superman and almost up until it's release did we get to see much much more.

My argument is that they don't really need to show us any pics, like at all. Marvel really hasn't. They just given us information and we pretty much can go off of that alone. That's what I have been saying. You have to control the message and in WBs case, there doesn't seem to be one. Just 'wait'. Honestly they really do need to look at their TV division and the obvious successes they have had with actual build up. It's really important.

I hope I'm wrong but, I doubt it.

KingK

Which is kind of par the course I suppose. Or maybe it isn't. I hate to make the obvious comparisons but to their competitor but, they really should get ahead of the message. They did something similar with MOS where we only saw a pic of superman and almost up until it's release did we get to see much much more.

My argument is that they don't really need to show us any pics, like at all. Marvel really hasn't. They just given us information and we pretty much can go off of that alone. That's what I have been saying. You have to control the message and in WBs case, there doesn't seem to be one. Just 'wait'. Honestly they really do need to look at their TV division and the obvious successes they have had with actual build up. It's really important.

I hope I'm wrong but, I doubt it.
It's still one year and one month out. They have time. Although i really think they should release a teaser within the next month.

ReiGun

Batman looks so mopey standing next to superman and wonder woman

"It's cold."

"Why are we all facing different directions? No one else is here."

"My feet hurt."

"I wanna go home."

"I hope Alfred made spaghetti."

"I hope the Riddler didn't escape again."

"I miss Robin."

Akahige

"It's cold."

"Why are we all facing different directions? No one else is here."