• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think I've seen these before on SHH. Maybe a year back and the guy who posted them was revealed to be bogus. Maybe this is a new attempt to troll. Or maybe they are real. Guess we'll find out next year...

They do look pretty sweet...

ZQBSa0b.jpg

Loxley

I dunno... the original Keaton suit still looks pretty amazing to me

michael-keaton-batmanjpg-a400a271723eeceb.jpg

Yeah yeah, stiff neck, whatever.

The cowl looked way better in Batman Returns since it actually fit Keaton's head. But yeah, the Burton designs hold up surprisingly well considering it would be another 15 or so years before we really figured out live-action superhero costumes.

Heck, the Batman Forever version of the Burton suit was pretty good as well (aside from the infamous Bat-nerps, obviously).

guek

Banned

I love psycho insane vigilante Burton Batman so much. He's the only batman that would be legitimately terrifying for criminals since the guy will beat you half to death if you're lucky and outright kill you if you annoy him enough.

Sephzilla

I love psycho insane vigilante Burton Batman so much. He's the only batman that would be legitimately terrifying for criminals since the guy will beat you half to death if you're lucky and outright kill you if you annoy him enough.

I still don't like that Burton's Batman was a straight up killer. I would have been happier if he would have been the type who would beat someone within an inch of their life and spared them though.

But yeah, the Keaton Batsuits are my definitive live-action Batman looks though.

I love both Keaton suits.

Personally, I'd rather the stiff neck than that "cowl-met" thing that even the comics have these days. I want the mask and cape to be the same piece, which seems like its what they are going for here. I would die to see a scene of Bruce in the Batcave with his mask off draped behind his back like a hoodie.

If its real, hopefully the start of a long line of leaks.... :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Lame leak, a batarang is not enough to quench my thirst for more info of this movie. Need trailer.

Rainer70

I love both Keaton suits.

Personally, I'd rather the stiff neck than that "cowl-met" thing that even the comics have these days. I want the mask and cape to be the same piece, which seems like its what they are going for here. I would die to see a scene of Bruce in the Batcave with his mask off draped behind his back like a hoodie.

If its real, hopefully the start of a long line of leaks.... :(

The Flash on CW does this (mask is part of the suit and flips off like a hoodie), I really don't see why they can't do this for Batman(and I hope they do).

IconGrist

What batarangs would say Zack Snyder? (serious question)

They certainly say "Zack Snyder" to me. They're about as 'comic book-y' you can get before you raise questions like "Wait, they're blunt boomerangs, not shuriken?".

Well, to me at least, they look too clean if that makes sense. Like they've never been used. Possible Batman just has a constant supply though. The biggest thing I see "wrong" is the clash in style compared to his suit and Batmobile.

Personally, I think his performance as Batman is going to make or break this film, regardless of how well everyone else does.

I've been wondering that, actually. Will we get angry/psycho Batman again (like Burton's)? What about Wonder Woman? Is she going to be a stoic, honorable Amazon or she going to be New 52 headstrong/impulsive?

I guess Supes will be Supes, perhaps with guilt over the events of MoS.

he might end up surprising but the dude is still a pretty mediocre-bad actor

I think he's fine if given the right project/direction. I liked him in good will hunting and gone girl for instance

Not that snyder can direct actors though lmao. But all Affleck has to do is have the look and brood. He's already halfway there

Whether or not he can carry a solo batman film is a different story though, we'll see how he is in here

BadAss2961

There's still people doubting Batfleck? Dude will pull off Bruce Wayne easily. He's got the size down perfect along with a good jawline/chin structure. The costume is excellent, and it's Zack Snyder directing Batman. It's going to be cool as fuck.

The voice is the only thing to even think about.

BadAss2961

Affleck will be the RDJ of DC. You'll see!

Waits for wall of shame...
Beyond being the lead actor of the universe, I hate that comparison.

I just want Affleck to be the Batman of the DCCU. I don't need 'Ben Affleck' to overshadow his own character -- not that it would happen to Batman anyway.

munchie64

Beyond being the lead actor of the universe, I hate that comparison.

I just want Affleck to be the Batman of the DCCU. I don't need 'Ben Affleck' to overshadow his own character -- not that it would happen to Batman anyway.
I understand what you mean. I just meant loved by all as the character :(

3N16MA

Banned
Affleck will look like Bruce Wayne with that build and face. He will look good in the suit considering it looks like one of the best designs from what we have seen so far. Basically he will have no problem looking like Bruce Wayne/Batman.

How well he does outside of looking great is the biggest unknown (good in some roles and not so great in others). Hopefully he pulls it off.

People acting like it's hard to play Batman.

C'mon.

Batman has so much depth to him though!

The only thing I'd be concerned about is if he can nail the choreography, assuming there isn't a stunt double doing it for him. Even then I'm more concerned about Gadot than Affleck.

I need to rewatch DD, from what I recall Affleck was far from the biggest issue with that film.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Affleck is gonna kill it. He'll want to make up for Daredevil and this is his chance.

I still don't have faith Affleck won't just be Affleck in a Bat suit or an Armani suit. Much like Clooney was Clooney in a Bat suit and Clooney in an Armani suit.

I still don't have faith Affleck won't just be Affleck in a Bat suit or an Armani suit. Much like Clooney was Clooney in a Bat suit and Clooney in an Armani suit.

I'm with you. What did you think of Bale?

The movies that i had personally had seen before Bale suited up.

American Psycho
Shaft
Reign of Fire
Equilibrium
The Machinist

Affleck has too much exposure. I can not think of him fully without think of some of the goofball films he made. Like this Masterpiece...

5147Pnieh6L._SX200_.jpg

BadAss2961

I'm no Clooney fan, but he can't be blamed for that shit. Batman & Robin is super campy to the point that no one could've gotten any sort of serious performance out of it.

I agree with Bobby. Batman really isn't that difficult. Once you're a pretty good actor and you look the part, the rest is up to the director and the script to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom