• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zatanna you say?

Yes, Serinda Swan was a really good Zee.

Zatanna_Zatara_Serinda_Swan-7.jpg

Rooster12

Oh man, Hawkgirl would be a great addition.

It's funny, the Marvel characters I care about are the ones that aren't in the MCU - the X-Men and Spider-Man. Obviously things are changing with Spider-Man, so that's cool, but I have no personal investment in the majority of the MCU as a result.

My childhood was nothing but Spider-Man but I can't stand the character now, mostly because his comics have been godawful for the last 20 years.

Dan Slott is a terrible Spider-Man writer.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Funny how Batman is the most intimidating looking of the 4, and he is the only human. The suit is so beastly.

Funny how Batman is the most intimidating looking of the 4, and he is the only human. The suit is so beastly.

Of them, he's the one who needs muscles.

I'm waiting to see their Flash. Ezra Miller is a skinny guy and I bet they keep him that way. Flash will be the youngest, shortest, and slimmest of the line-up.

Bit-Bit

In the comic con teaser, Batman looks like a demonic monster and I fuckin love it.

There needs to be a scene where he punches through a drywall to strangle someone.

Gotta remember what thread you're in :p

None of the DC costumes look remarkably better imo, it's just that the color desaturation makes people think they're more "mature" or something along those lines. Cap's helmet is pretty bleh for sure though.

Wonder Woman and Sif look like they share the same closet. I like Sif's outfit more but perhaps that's just because I'm a big fan of Jamie Alexander.

Did this after seeing your post just because.

Edit: More because why not?

Penguin

Am afraid to go to sleep in case Snyder decides to post another pic. >.<

Haha

Guess companies are keeping bloggers on their toes

After Spider-man news, Warner's like we can do later!

Next big thing will drop at like 3am ET when all of the US is asleep

Raptor

In the comic con teaser, Batman looks like a demonic monster and I fuckin love it.

There needs to be a scene where he punches through a drywall to strangle someone.

What about when you get to see my boy up there flying with his red eyes ready to fuck shit up?

Kuroyume

Banned
Has Snyder said who he plans to have in this film? Like we know we're getting Supes, Batman, WW, Flash, and Aquaman. Black Adam too but unclear if he's a villian or will assume an anti-hero role. Has he mentioned Martian Manhunter yet because that's who I am most excited about. And obv I think they would have to get a GL in there somewhere.

Has Snyder said who he plans to have in this film? Like we know we're getting Supes, Batman, WW, Flash, and Aquaman. Black Adam too but unclear if he's a villian or will assume an anti-hero role. Has he mentioned Martian Manhunter yet because that's who I am most excited about. And obv I think they would have to get a GL in there somewhere.

No mention of the Manhunter at all. Cyborg seems to be filling his role. Black Adam won't be in this movie and it's still up in the air as to when he'll finally cross over with the League. Rumors are that a GL won't show up until Justice League Pt. 1

Kuroyume

Banned
No mention of the Manhunter at all. Cyborg seems to be filling his role. Black Adam won't be in this movie and it's still up in the air as to when he'll finally cross over with the League. Rumors are that a GL won't show up until Justice League Pt. 1

Thanks for the update. Surprised BA isn't in the movie. Would be awesome to see the Rock involved.

As for who I'd like as MM, originally I wanted the Rock to play him before taking the BA role, now I want Lance Reddick:

Great actor. Often plays those quirky roles... Almost strange alien like personality. And he's ripped.

AND

He actually wants to play him! :

While making the press rounds for his upcoming swords and sorcery film, John Wick, Reddick revealed that he&#8217;d love to participate in one of the many, many comic book adaptations hitting theaters over the next five years. Specifically, Reddick expressed interested in playing T&#8217;Challa&#8217;s father T'Chaka in Marvel&#8217;s Black Panther, Martian Manhunter in DC&#8217;s Justice League, or John Stewart in Justice League and Green Lantern

&#8220;I&#8217;d love to play T'Chaka,&#8221; he told IGN. I&#8217;d also love to play the Martian Manhunter. John Stewart would be great too.&#8221;

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/03/lance-reddick-interested-in-playing-black-panthers-father-martia/

:O For the love of god get him onboard

Loxley

Thanks for the update. Surprised BA isn't in the movie. Would be awesome to see the Rock involved.

As for who I'd like as MM, originally I wanted the Rock to play him before taking the BA role, now I want Lance Reddick:

Great actor. Often plays those quirky roles... Almost strange alien like personality. And he's ripped.

AND

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/03/lance-reddick-interested-in-playing-black-panthers-father-martia/

Ah, much better choice. Mads was just the first guy who came to mind, but Reddick has been great in everything I've seen him in.

3N16MA

Banned

AND

Peter Mensah could do it.

Reddick would be my top pick for Manhunter, but I don't see us getting him any time soon. At least not until DC moves off of Cyborg as their go-to diversity character.

Why the hell did Cyborg replace MM in the comics anyway?

I enjoy MM but he's probably the most jobbed character in DC. Only time I recall him doing something remarkable was when he was Fernus and when he went into the joker's mind. He's probably more useful to the league than Shazam, but I think Cyborg compliments the league better in terms of power set.

I enjoy MM but he's probably the most jobbed character in DC. Only time I recall him doing something remarkable was when he was Fernus and when he went into the joker's mind. He's probably more useful to the league than Shazam, but I think Cyborg compliments the league better in terms of power set.

I'd say that the root cause has got a lot to do with the combination of a ridiculous power level and a weaksauce weakness. There's just not much you can do with him that doesn't break the story, one way or another.

I'd say that the root cause has got a lot to do with the combination of a ridiculous power level and a weaksauce weakness. There's just not much you can do with him that doesn't break the story, one way or another.

He's been handled quite nicely in new 52 though, his interactions with stargirl during forever evil and in JLU have been fantastic.

munchie64

Sad but true :(

Justice League should have him cameo in disguise.

Anyone have an idea what his arm tattoo mean? Or is it nothing?
q2Sm2jO.jpg
About the tats
“It’s something my cousins all have, and it goes on the left side of your arm—it’s like a guardian. It’s basically like your power animal, whatever animal represents your family or your tribe. And ours is a shark, a mano. And then there are arrows that face out—out of your heart, that’s what it represents.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom