• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
You guys asking for another female league member?

GalleryChar_1900x900_Hawkgirl_52ab8e9dcba602.76541875.jpg

Shayera should answer your call

DeathyBoy

Banned
People are debating which studio has the better suits? hahahahahaha.

This is how always envisioned my superheroes, majestic, larger than life, like living statues, more than human in prescence. I couldn't care less about their teenage problems. DC delivers so far.

Final_Crisis_Vol_1_6_Batman_shoots_Darkseid.jpg

I want this scene on film with Ben Affleck and... fuck it, let's say Willem Defoe as Darkseid.

Devin Faraci said this about the colors of Wonder Woman's and Batman's costumes:

"I'm curious what he looks like without the color correction. I've seen some uncorrected pictures of Batman and Wonder Woman on set and I really like Wonder Woman's color scheme. In reality that skirt is blue, and in general her outfit is closer to the comics than the initial image indicated. Batman's largely a flat grey."

Maddocks

We dont even need to get very far, MoS Superman alone looks more larger than life God of all Gods superhero on screen than anything Marvel has put out.

Yup. MOS superman takes out the avengers in 15 minutes. All the Avengers looked pretty week in the movie, works good for that universe, but MOS universe he is a true God.

Costumes all look good for DC, but Avengers Cap looks like hes ready to go to sleep because they look like pajamas. Hated the costume in the movie. His solo movies all got great costumes though.

Devin Faraci said this about the colors of Wonder Woman's and Batman's costumes:

"I'm curious what he looks like without the color correction. I've seen some uncorrected pictures of Batman and Wonder Woman on set and I really like Wonder Woman's color scheme. In reality that skirt is blue, and in general her outfit is closer to the comics than the initial image indicated. Batman's largely a flat grey."

I'm still curious as to whether the Bat symbol is black or even darker grey compared to the rest of the suit.

I never liked that about Nolan's bat-costumes - the Bat never actually stood out. It just looked like another stray piece of plastic glued to the suit.

Anyone have an idea what his arm tattoo mean? Or is it nothing?

I did a quick Google search and found him describing it as:

"I got my first [tattoo] before my daughter was born. It’s something my cousins all have, and it goes on the left side of your arm—it’s like a guardian. It’s basically like your power animal, whatever animal represents your family or your tribe. And ours is a shark, a mano. And then there are arrows that face out—out of your heart, that’s what it represents."

guek

Banned
I'm still curious as to whether the Bat symbol is black or even darker grey compared to the rest of the suit.

I never liked that about Nolan's bat-costumes - the Bat never actually stood out. It just looked like another stray piece of plastic glued to the suit.

Best thing about Burton's batsuit was how that emblem popped

tumblr_mm7dmdPXaz1r93xiko1_500.gif

Considering they're heavily using Miller as inspiration, the emblem and suit will probably be different shades of grey/black.

strafer

A dick move would be if they showed us Ezra Miller as The Flash next week since the tv show is on break.

:p

But they better watch out though, they might get Amell on their asses, it aint pretty.

I did a quick Google search and found him describing it as:

"I got my first [tattoo] before my daughter was born. It’s something my cousins all have, and it goes on the left side of your arm—it’s like a guardian. It’s basically like your power animal, whatever animal represents your family or your tribe. And ours is a shark, a mano. And then there are arrows that face out—out of your heart, that’s what it represents."

huh, how about that. Fitting.

the thing on his arm matches his real tattoo too.

A dick move would be if they showed us Ezra Miller as The Flash next week since the tv show is on break.

:p

But they better watch out though, they might get Amell on their asses, it aint pretty.

It would be cool if Ezra Flash was Wally, so they could still be connected with DCTV, but after casting Suicide Squad I think that ship sailed... shame too, I finally got around to watching Arrow (halfway through Season 2, really dig it) and I'm gonna start Flash next.

True. I just think the short ears look goofy, like I openly chuckle any time I see them.

I think they make sense if you're going for a realistic take on him. Long ears hardly seem practical. Forgot what comic it was but I seem to remember a guy grabbing both ears and slamming Batman's head into his knee.

Sephzilla

I think they make sense if you're going for a realistic take on him. Long ears hardly seem practical. Forgot what comic it was but I seem to remember a guy grabbing both ears and slamming Batman's head into his knee.

I think it also happens in Batman Returns. If we're going for the realistic angle, then he shouldn't even have them at all since they're nothing but a cosmetic thing that will get snagged on things.

I think it also happens in Batman Returns. If we're going for the realistic angle, then he shouldn't even have them at all since they're nothing but a cosmetic thing that will get snagged on things.

Hence the short ear compromise :p otherwise why bother with the bat theme? Might as well just be Midnighter

You guys asking for another female league member?

Shayera should answer your call

She was good in JL, but there's a few better female characters. Mera, Black Canary, Vixen would be my top choices for females in the league. Barda is too similar to WW in Archetype and Zee belongs in Dark Universe.

Still would love to see a JSA.

IconGrist

I like the Marvel movies just fine. They're actually pretty great. I just have zero personal attachment to any of the characters or stories. I'm sure there are Marvel fans that feel similarly about DC.

I grew up a DC kid so this is basically how I feel. I like the MCU, absolutely loved Cap 2 but I just don't care for Marvel much outside of Spider-Man.

I grew up a DC kid so this is basically how I feel. I like the MCU, absolutely loved Cap 2 but I just don't care for Marvel much outside of Spider-Man.

Cap 2 and GotG were my favorites as well. Thor is enjoyable just cause of its mythological trappings.

I just need me my DC Universe. The characters I grew up with on the big screen? Many manly tears will be shed.

I like the Marvel movies just fine. They're actually pretty great. I just have zero personal attachment to any of the characters or stories. I'm sure there are Marvel fans that feel similarly about DC.

Pretty much, but Cap and Spiderman are my favorites. I can easily see Cap fitting in well in the DC comics.

I want to like Thor, he has an awesome power set but his movies have been pretty meh. Hulk is one dimensional, I don't see any reason to enjoy Hulk over Supes. Iron Man is cool but I find his attidue off putting. Black Widow and Hawk eye are extras at this point.

I have no love for MCU characters except for Cap. but DC is my shit. however, if they were to do a line of Cosmic Marvel only movies based on all the stories made in the 80s/90s then I would be there day one. Silver Surfer, Thanos, Terrax, jack of hearts, etc, etc.Galactus (big helmet!) all those abstract cosmic beings that would be pretty cool.

Effect

This is pretty much where I'm at. I grew up watching Batman The Animated series right along side the Spider-man and X-men cartoons. What grab me since then and beyond is really DC be it the cartoons, games, TV shows and even the comics I've read. I enjoy the Marvel films but don't feel a strong attachment to them or the characters. I've never once got as excited as I have when it came to the Wonder Woman, Batman, and Aquaman costume reveals in regard to anything announced for Marvel. I'm not going to bash Marvel though just because I prefer DC. I do really wish some Marvel fans were like that in return.

Pretty much my attitude. I like the Marvel movies as much as the next guy, but I'm not so attached to them, their characters, or their methods that the constant cries of "DC's doing it wrong!" don't get old.

Loxley

Oh man, Hawkgirl would be a great addition.

It's funny, the Marvel characters I care about are the ones that aren't in the MCU - the X-Men and Spider-Man. Obviously things are changing with Spider-Man, so that's cool, but I have no personal investment in the majority of the MCU as a result. The movies are fun, but I just can't get passionate about them. And I personally feel that the MCU has yet to make a movie that tops X2 or DoFP, so that's that.

DC on the other hand, between my lifelong love for Superman and the Bruce Timmiverse dominating my childhood and teenage years, I am absolutely invested in.

tim1138

bummed.gif

Ain't nobody here for no Hawk people.

Shortlist of female characters I'd like to see get the nod:

Mera
Vixen
Zatanna
Equinox
Black Canary

You left out Fire and Ice.
If it ever happens Zee is gonna be in that del Toro Dark Universe movie, so I'm guessing she's off limits for the JL movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom