• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

Thanks for the update. Surprised BA isn't in the movie. Would be awesome to see the Rock involved.

As for who I'd like as MM, originally I wanted the Rock to play him before taking the BA role, now I want Lance Reddick:

Great actor. Often plays those quirky roles... Almost strange alien like personality. And he's ripped.

AND

He actually wants to play him! :

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/03/lance-reddick-interested-in-playing-black-panthers-father-martia/

:O For the love of god get him onboard
Holy shit this would be perfect casting. Loved him in Fringe and The Wire. He's got the right voice, face, and mannerisms to be MM. I didn't even feel very strongly either way about MM being in the movie universe but now i need it to happen.

Loxley

For the record, that "filterless" Batman photo is just an incorrect fan recoloring. We know the cowl isn't blue because it was on display at Comic-Con last year:

MuZ80ej.jpg

It's also pretty clear from the original black and white photo of Batfleck that the belt is also black, not yellow.

*edit - upon further inspection, I suppose the belt does look like it has some color to it - more of a bronze/copper/dark yellow potentially.

ReiGun

DeathyBoy

Banned
Y'all know what a Wonder Woman stan I am, so I'm gonna be nervous as fuck following this. lol

All I want is Steve Trevor and Etta Candy as the sidekicks and Ares as the villain. That's it. And the Invisible Jet because fuck the haters.

Can we throw in Barbara Minerva as a sidekick? I like the idea of SEEING her and Diana as friends first, rather than the way the comics do it...
and have her start as Cheetah then do flashbacks.

With Kerry Washington as Etta and Charles Dance as Ares.

SWEET BEARD OF ZEUS.

Yes!

ReiGun

Can we throw in Barbara Minerva as a sidekick? I like the idea of SEEING her and Diana as friends first, rather than the way the comics do it...
and have her start as Cheetah then do flashbacks.

That's a good one too. Barbara as one of the first people Diana meets was a good idea, but it sucked that Johns didn't let us see the friendship. You could do it where they're friends in the first movie, but in the second Circe plays on Barbara's jealousy over Diana and tempts her into becoming the Cheetah. But who do you get to play her though? You need someone who can look sickly and unassuming as Barbara then fierce and wild as the Cheetah (though the latter will also involve CG I'm sure).

a916

Not sure if this was previously confirmed, but Wonder Woman will be filming this fall.

They have to start announcing the cast soon... are we still waiting on confirmation for the Director/Producer?

*edit - These were the first official photos from the set of the film.

ntwinVt.jpg
0dbbKVA.jpg
1jhXN4A.jpg

People were freaking out over the cape (in a good way) and the fact that Batman looked more flexible than he was in past (evidenced by the crouching).

I love those shots and I don't expect the new slate of DC movies to do this... but I was hoping they'd have a different cape for when he's not fighting, one that wraps around his entire body like this (it would really make playing with the shadows and make him more menacing if done right):

Concept__Batman_TAS_2_0_by_DunkelDasRosenol.jpg

EDIT: Probably the worst picture to show what I mean though :(

I love those shots and I don't expect the new slate of DC movies to do this... but I was hoping they'd have a different cape for when he's not fighting, one that wraps around his entire body like this (it would really make playing with the shadows and make him more menacing if done right):

Batman's new cape is folded back if you look closely. I'm sure you'll get scenes with the cape unfolded as a cloak.

anaron

Y'all know what a Wonder Woman stan I am, so I'm gonna be nervous as fuck following this. lol

All I want is Steve Trevor and Etta Candy as the sidekicks and Ares as the villain. That's it. And the Invisible Jet because fuck the haters.

With Kerry Washington as Etta and Charles Dance as Ares.
omg

yes please

Kerry would kinda kill as vixen though, too

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Concept__Batman_TAS_2_0_by_DunkelDasRosenol.jpg

that image has Cass so it's awesome by default.

Cassandra Cain (Blackbat) need to be in the DCCU, she is an amazing character with amazing backstory. I'd honestly want to see Cass before even Nightwing or any version of Robin. she is the best member of the Batman team after Batman (and she even defeated her mom so yeah dat ultimate badassery)

Cass alongside Batman in this DCCU will be perfect.

ReiGun

omg

yes please

Kerry would kinda kill as vixen though, too
I don't really see Kerry as Vixen. She'd make a great Soranik Natu (Green Lantern) or even Huntress based on the N52 Helena. Or, if DC doesn't mind a little race bending, I think she'd be fun as Lady Blackhawk. And should she go over to Marvel, she's basically the perfect Monica Rambeau.

Lupita was always my pick for Vixen, but that's probably not happening with Star Wars going on. So I say give it to Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

anaron

I don't really see Kerry as Vixen. She'd make a great Soranik Natu (Green Lantern) or even Huntress based on the N52 Helena. Or, if DC doesn't mind a little race bending, I think she'd be fun as Lady Blackhawk. And should she go over to Marvel, she's basically the perfect Monica Rambeau.

Lupita was always my pick for Vixen, but that's probably not happening with Star Wars going on. So I say give it to Gugu Mbatha-Raw.
oy, gugu would be a great choice!

DeathyBoy

Banned
That's a good one too. Barbara as one of the first people Diana meets was a good idea, but it sucked that Johns didn't let us see the friendship. You could do it where they're friends in the first movie, but in the second Circe plays on Barbara's jealousy over Diana and tempts her into becoming the Cheetah. But who do you get to play her though? You need someone who can look sickly and unassuming as Barbara then fierce and wild as the Cheetah (though the latter will also involve CG I'm sure).

Honestly?

Keri Russell in the role would be fucking amazing.

ReiGun

the feels ;_;

Really wish they had Steve instead of Flag for suicide squad. I hope we see the whole greek pantheon in the WW film (could also tie into Shazam). I'm down with the WW2 setting as well.
I wouldn't want the whole pantheon off the bat. Just Ares as the main villain, Strife as his right hand/troll, Athena and/or Hera to give Diana her mission, and Hermes for the lolz.

Honestly?

Keri Russell in the role would be fucking amazing.

I could dig that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom