• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Has anybody seen the Lego Batman: The Movie? It's based on the Lego Batman games, but it's truly inspired from all lore. They do a good job with script and the light-hearted jokes are great. There will be confusion when the bigger budgeted The Lego Movie: Batman film comes out, lol. I absolutely love how Robin is portrayed as this bumbling sidekick, like how Batman will zip off in a motorcycle, and a crestfallen Robin will pout, "can't we ever just leave together?" It's cute.

Seriously, if you want to introduce Batman to younglings, the lego movie is great. Batman is a sarcastic hero, and he's as human as his Brave and the Bold counterpart (who for me, is just as great of an adaptation; I love his straight-faced inner dialogue like, "that's just gross" when facing gruesome creatures).

The big problem with that to me... is its literally LEGO Batman 2's cutscenes spliced together with some added scenes to replicate the gameplay segments.

I do like the other LEGO Batman as well. The one in LEGO Justice League is fun.

Senoculum

The big problem with that to me... is its literally LEGO Batman 2's cutscenes spliced together with some added scenes to replicate the gameplay segments.

I do like the other LEGO Batman as well. The one in LEGO Justice League is fun.

I actually didn't know that, since I only played the 3rd one! But watching the trailer for the second game, I see that they reused the same voice acting and animations (but with better lighting, and high quality assets). Makes so much sense now. Gotta hand it to them for being efficient! I was just going to say that the film (coming from the post-production industry myself) had a surprisingly healthy budget for a direct-to-dvd film; now I can see why.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so Margot Robbie just said she will play Harley Quinn in multiple DC films (so not just SQ). does this mean Harley Quinn in JL1 and 2 or are there some secret solo Batman films?

Mario007

so Margot Robbie just said she will play Harley Quinn in multiple DC films (so not just SQ). does this mean Harley Quinn in JL1 and 2 or are there some secret solo Batman films?

In the same interview she did mention Suicide Squad 2 or 3. Having said that if there is a sole Batman movie, and there surely will be one, then Joker will no doubt appear which leaves the door wide open for Harley.

Penguin

1)What interview?

2)There's no "secret" solo Batman film. They've said doing solo films for Superman/Batman already. Just not when

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
1)What interview?

2)There's no "secret" solo Batman film. They've said doing solo films for Superman/Batman already. Just not when

Yeah, that's daunting. You don't need to have commitment issues to be frightened by the fact that you might have just signed 10 years of your life away. … But with her, it's a character I don't think would ever get boring. Ever. So if they did "Suicide Squad One," "Two" and "Three," I would be over the moon about it.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...obbies-success-mix-pluck-luck-skill/23858685/

Doesn't really confirm but that's Comicbook.com for you

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

DC/WB is gonna push this character hard, so I'm not surprised she signed for multiple films. Watch out for all the Harley Quinn outfits during Halloween 2016 it's gonna be crazy.

overcast

Cool, I'll absolutely get Dark Knight Returns and think about the other ones. Not sure about Assault because I did read some mixed things.

Excited about the Harley news, because since I was a kid she was one of my favorite DC characters. Hopefully they get her right. Seems to be tough to put on screen, but who knows. I think the solo Batman film will have Joker focus as well as another villain.

BadAss2961

Yes, The Rock and David Ayer are our life boats in a sea of nothinginess.

That sounds emo, but it has been a LONG two years.
Then Snyder drops a pic every few months and we scramble like lunatics.

I'll happily accept more pics of him lifting weights and riding scooters at this point.

I for one would be curious to see how the public would react to a Wonder Woman that dominant.

brian-puke-o.gif

My reaction at least.

What the fuck?
Frank Miller's Wonder Woman mercifully appears in only one issue of ASB&R. The panel posted is the reader's introduction to her, as she cows the feeble men in her path and inwardly fumes about how much the "world of men" disgusts her. Arriving at a secret meeting of the Justice League, Wonder Woman doffs her leather trenchcoat -- revealing her fetishistic costume and sinful curves, not unlike the women of Miller's own Sin City -- before delivering a severe tongue-lashing to the impotent and ineffectual males of the League, for failing to handle the Batman situation as the US government threatens to step in. When she attempts to verbally castrate Superman, really getting in his face about it, he snaps and backhands her across the room. On all fours and bleeding from the mouth, Wonder Woman responds to this violent outburst by... shoving her tongue down Superman's throat, and backing down from challenging his manhood/authority.

Because that's what makes Wonder Woman's motor purr, according to Frank Miller.

...Yep.

Frank Miller's Wonder Woman mercifully appears in only one issue of ASB&R. The panel posted is the reader's introduction to her, as she cows the feeble men in her path and inwardly fumes about how much the "world of men" disgusts her. Arriving at a secret meeting of the Justice League, Wonder Woman doffs her leather trenchcoat -- revealing her fetishistic costume, not unlike the women of Miller's Sin City -- before delivering a severe tongue-lashing to the impotent and ineffectual men of the League, for failing to handle the Batman situation before the government can step in. When she attempts to verbally castrate Superman, really getting in his face, he snaps and backhands her across the room. On all four and bleeding from the mouth, Wonder Woman responds to this violent outburst by... shoving her tongue down Superman's throat, and backing down from challenging his authority.

...Yep.
Holy shit. Is this for real? That's just disgusting.

Amir0x

Banned
Frank Miller's depiction of female characters across the board can be troubling, to say the least. The man has some talent, but he is a deeply flawed individual with extremely problematic views on the world that seep into his work all the time :p

pulga

Banned
What do you mean turn into an anti-hero, Rock.

Fuck that noise. We need good villains lest this go the way of MCU.

Don't think too badly of Miller guys. Considering this movie has Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor, it's obvious this movie will follow Miller's acclaimed Dark Knight Strikes Again

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Throughout the years I only read the good Miller stuff like Year One (love it), TDKR, Sin City.

Everything I know of All Star Batman and Robin is so damn absurd that it makes me want to check that one out though.

Loxley

Frank Miller's Wonder Woman mercifully appears in only one issue of ASB&R. The panel posted is the reader's introduction to her, as she cows the feeble men in her path and inwardly fumes about how much the "world of men" disgusts her. Arriving at a secret meeting of the Justice League, Wonder Woman doffs her leather trenchcoat -- revealing her fetishistic costume and sinful curves, not unlike the women of Miller's own Sin City -- before delivering a severe tongue-lashing to the impotent and ineffectual males of the League, for failing to handle the Batman situation as the US government threatens to step in. When she attempts to verbally castrate Superman, really getting in his face about it, he snaps and backhands her across the room. On all fours and bleeding from the mouth, Wonder Woman responds to this violent outburst by... shoving her tongue down Superman's throat, and backing down from challenging his manhood/authority.

...Yep.

Even though I only read a few of DC's books, I'd like to think I'm fairly up to date on the comings and goings of the DCU at large.

This, however, somehow completely passed me by o_O Christ, Miller.

Effect

I think a lot of people don't know about it because it took forever for the issues to come out I believe. Like months would pass between issues. If I'm remembering correctly it was so bad that only a single issue came out one year. The entire thing was screwed up and was complete WTF compared to what was All Star Superman. Which is what people were sort of expecting but with Batman. Instead what Miller wrote happen.

ReiGun

I think a lot of people don't know about it because it took forever for the issues to come out I believe. Like months would pass between issues. If I'm remembering correctly it was so bad that only a single issue came out one year. The entire thing was screwed up and was complete WTF compared to what was All Star Superman. Which is what people were sort of expecting but with Batman. Instead what Miller wrote happen.

I think Linkara put the difference between the two books best (paraphrasing):

"In All Star Batman, Batman kidnaps Dick Grayson and locks him in the Bat Cave where he's forced to eat rats. In All-Star Superman, Superman cures cancer."

BadAss2961

I love every Batman that Miller touches, especially All-Star Batman & Robin.
I'm with you. Miller's style doesn't work for most characters, but it works for Batman. Considering everything Batman does, the kind of villains he has, letting children fight with him and all, the guy is either mad or has been driven mad. All Star Batman & Robin takes that idea and runs with it, and actually results in one of the more believable takes on the character for me.

Anyway, i'd recommend ASBR on the artwork alone.

I think Linkara put the difference between the two books best (paraphrasing):

"In All Star Batman, Batman kidnaps Dick Grayson and locks him in the Bat Cave where he's forced to eat rats. In All-Star Superman, Superman cures cancer."

For being an All Star title, coming out after All Star Superman, it was kind of a disappointment on the story end. Jim Lee is still god-tier, though.

DeathyBoy

Banned
For being an All Star title, coming out after All Star Superman, it was kind of a disappointment on the story end. Jim Lee is still god-tier, though.

All Star Batman is one of the most entertaining comic-books ever. You just have to go in expecting the mad ramblings of Frank Miller. I mean he reworked Black Canary as an insane Irish bartender... who imagines everyone calling her love chunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom