• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolbertoS

Wow at Jason Mamoa, and his "love" for Marvel :p. Alright ComicGAF, direct me to Comic Wars OT of there is one, I love both Marvel and DC, but still find it interesting to read the comic reader's point of view :p

Gonzalez

Banned
Jason knows Marvel is a WCW like sinking ship.

Now I can't wait to see "The Summer Box-Office War" series exclusively on the DC Network in a few years.

Pachimari

I'm super fine with Jason Momoa's "Fuck Marvel" message. To me, it's just part of the entertainment and I don't think he's super serious about any of it. And I'm a huge MCU fan, but these things can be funny, as long as the fans don't take these things personal as well.

Betty

Banned
I dislike it with fans, but I understand it

I absolutely loathe it with web sites

Who run with titles like "Shots Fired!"

"The War Between Marvel and DC Heats Up"

Etc

Only serving to flame those fires

At the moment DC doesn't even really have a fire going yet, Man of Steel was barely a spark against Marvel's blazing sun.

Until Batman v Superman comes out DC fans will just have to imagine the fire.

Penguin

At the moment DC doesn't even really have a fire going yet, Man of Steel was barely a spark against Marvel's blazing sun.

Until Batman v Superman comes out DC fans will just have to imagine the fire.

And I'll call BS on that, people seem to forget that there are many great DC films BEFORE this whole connected universe, right?

I mean sure mostly Batman and Superman, but it's not like DC fans are beggars for entertainment between the movies, the animated series, the animated movies, the video games and of course the TV shows.

Jason knows Marvel is a WCW like sinking ship.

Now I can't wait to see "The Summer Box-Office War" series exclusively on the DC Network in a few years.
I loved Man of Steel and I'm insanely hyped for BvS and Suicide Squad. But Avengers 2 will very likely, very easily make a billion again. Avengers and Iron 3 are some of the highest grossing movies in history. And then they got Civil War, now with Spider-Man.

Marvel, a sinking ship? Please, let's be real here

Edit: did I misunderstand that post? Not sure what WCW is

To play who?
Drax. The Guardians of the Galaxy art book has Drax concepts using his likeness.
I dislike it with fans, but I understand it

I absolutely loathe it with web sites

Who run with titles like "Shots Fired!"

"The War Between Marvel and DC Heats Up"

Etc

Only serving to flame those fires
With fans, I understand if they're children or something. Otherwise it's just sad. I do agree with your stance on websites, though. *Looks at ComicBookMovie*
Noted.

I think the stance of 'both sides make good and bad films' is the best. I'll destroy Thor 2 for being fucking rubbish, but even as a DC fan I'm not going to act like Man of Steel was that much better.
Yeah, both definitely have their highs and lows.

The Superherohype forums are convinced we are getting something on the 25th because its officially a year until release.

The sooner we can accept that we're likely not getting anything til comic con (not that WB has to wait that long), the sooner we can be at peace with ourselves.

Avengers is almost here, that should be glorious, then the stars will be closer to alignment, and the sun will finally bestow us with a trailer for BvS.

Putting the trailer out after Avengers gives BvS virtually zero competition until it comes out. Sure, Star Wars will be massive, but it's just different enough to not matter.

Also, anyone ever think about how we'll have a Civil War trailer not too long after.

Ultron marks the beginning of a year in which we're basically getting everything we could've ever ask for.

Ultron, Star Wars, BvS, and Civil War all within a 12 month window.

Life simply put, is amazing right now if you're into this stuff.

Effect

At this time I don't really see WB doing any significant marketing until Avengers 2 comes out. Why get lost in that? Let it come out, do well for a while and then drop the BvS trailer and feed off the excitement Avengers 2 generates. Then go into Comic Con or come out of it with all guns firing and in the middle of that ramp up the SS marketing as that nears completion then start hyping Wonder Woman toward the end of the year.

Man imagine if I made an OT thread for that image instead of bringing it here

you are welcome
104583-Community-Troy-pizza-screaming-Ng7R.gif

Betty

Banned
And I'll call BS on that, people seem to forget that there are many great DC films BEFORE this whole connected universe, right?

I mean sure mostly Batman and Superman, but it's not like DC fans are beggars for entertainment between the movies, the animated series, the animated movies, the video games and of course the TV shows.

I mean the cinematic universe, DC for sure are excelling in other areas though. Even if it is mostly thanks to certain cowled crusader.

ReiGun

Y'all should remember that Suicide Squad films in about a month, so we should start getting more leaks and reveals for that. Wonder Woman also starts filming sometime in Sep - Nov, so the casting news for that should start rolling in during the coming months.

Be paitent, fam. We gon' eat soon.
thanks2.gif

Penguin

I mean the cinematic universe, DC for sure are excelling in other areas though. Even if it is mostly thanks to certain cowled crusader.

I get it, but I just feel like its weird to ignore the stuff that exists.

Anyhow, let's not derail this at all.

We should celebrate getting to see Batman and Iron Man and Superman and Spider-man and Wonder woman and so many others on the big-screen.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Idris Elba as Jon Stewart would have been perfect casting. Heck, Stewart is almost like Luther with a GL ring. Is it impossible for him to be in a DC movie since his Marvel role is a cameo or is it like a contract problem that forbids him from being in another superhero film?
Probably? Not exactly privy to the details of his contract. Though he has explicitly expressed his frustrations working with Marvel and some interest in playing GL.

If you read between the lines in that article, he's pretty much implying what a lot of us feel. He's a lead actor who could be doing so much more than playing one of Thor's pals that gets sidelined for the majority of the movies.

DaveH

Ultron, Star Wars, BvS, and Civil War all within a 12 month window.

Life simply put, is amazing right now if you're into this stuff.
Bears repeating! This is an awesome time!

As an actual discussion topic, Man of Steel did a subtle adaptation of Action Comics No. 1 with the 2-minute roadhouse scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDVGuZ45OrQ
For BvS, we've seen this location:
...which is inspired by this infamous Lex Luthor scene from Byrne's run (not my scans or link). Which may also get similarly adapted.

Any other OBSCURE (despite knowing Action #1's cover, few know the inside content) or OBSCURED (even if you knew Action #1's content, the adaptation isn't so exact that it's plainly copying the source) scenes from tradition that you'd love to see (and could be slotted in without having to be integral to the plot)?

Meaning, if you pick a scene, either it should not be one everyone knows OR you understand it will be adapted and NOT exactly the same.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Probably? Not exactly privy to the details of his contract. Though he has explicitly expressed his frustrations working with Marvel and some interest in playing GL.

If you read between the lines in that article, he's pretty much implying what a lot of us feel. He's a lead actor who could be doing so much more than playing one of Thor's pals that gets sidelined for the majority of the movies.

What gets me is that they could've solved the problem by:

a) Removing that stupid helmet, the same way Thor/Loki rarely wear their head gear.
b) Actually using the Sif-Heimdall stuff from the comics to create a little conflict between Heimdall and Thor (bro, you put my sister on the hook.)

and

c) Just give Heimdall stuff to do beyond 'look at me, for I am wise.'

But therein is a bigger problem: the supporting characters in Thor are given nothing to do. After Thor and Loki, and maybe the humans, everyone else fights. And show basic characteristic traits (fat, cocky, salty Amazon.) I mean compare Thor to GOTG, which gives everyone, villain and hero, an arc of their own and scenes where they get a standout moment.

Not that this is merely a Marvel problem. MoS barely got the characteristic part down. Perry White was so bland and non-existent it was hilarious.

Jigorath

Banned

I love it. He's trying to piss off Marvel to get out of his contract and jump on the DC train. I just hope Idris didn't sign a 7 film contract cause there's no way Ike is letting him break it early. If it's only 3 films then he'll be done by 2017 which frees him up to go do Green Lantern in 2020. Unless they want to use Green Lantern in the first Justice League movie then he's probably fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom