• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I... I'm alive.

relieved.gif

I... I'm alive.

relieved.gif

Hardly an inflammatory thread anyway (only the most diehards reacted). I'd be legit surprised if they banned you.

The IM3 trailer was selling an almost entirely different movie than the one we actually got.

That's the one that hurt the most for me. It was a good film but it's not what I expected/wanted. I was hoping for something more along the lines of TWS where it was like 70% action/30% humor, ended up the other way around.

Nah the most recent one is mostly one liners.

Dunno the part where the woman fell off the bridge was pretty gloomy. I'm sure the film will still be in the same style of avengers 1.

Shitting on Marvel is part of the cycle now.

It's not unwarranted though, they underpay their actors. I'd call WB out on it too if that's what was happening. I enjoy Marvel's movies but I disagree with some of their moves, Antman's creative differences being a big one.

inm8num2

There's probably a trailer coming in the next few weeks, or at least by early May, so unless big news drops before then I'm guessing the eventual trailer thread will take the reins from this one.

a916

Seriously. It's actually the double standard. People on the Marvel side do it and everyone has a laugh. Someone connected with WB/DC does it and all of a sudden concerns about burning bridges, etc. Suggesting people need to bow at the alter that is Marvel for whatever stupid reason. Come on people don't be like that. Don't be that person.

The tone and what RD Jr said about DC and the Dark Knight was much, much worse... some people really enjoy being hypocrites.

“My whole thing is that that I saw ‘The Dark Knight’. I feel like I’m dumb because I feel like I don’t get how many things that are so smart…and I’m like, ‘That’s not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.’ I…still can’t tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I’m like, ‘I get it. This is so high brow and so f–king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.’ You know what? F–k DC comics. That’s all I have to say and that’s where I’m really coming from.”

"Don't take shit so seriously" is, like, the one thing comic book fans are incapable of doing.

real talk

dc universe slaughters marvel. Rock and Momoa alone vs Evans, Ruffalo, RDJ and Hemsworth. Don't make me include Cavill and Affleck.

backup Baleman in the wings too

Gonzalez

Banned
So why are we in the community slums?

I think the mods have gotten tired of comic book nerds, comic book movies, and our intense bitching that takes over OT everyweek. If you notice they've also have moved other comic book threads to community as well.

HAHA... Success!!!

Raptor

This is fucked up man, we are on Community!! oh noes!!!

:p

Anyways I saw Returns on Netflix recently after 3 tries of wanting and change it to another movie after 15 minutes, what Singer did was so very wrong with this movie, I believe he tried his best but it was not the right movie to make at all, everything feels so corny IMO just like the originals movies but just this one released more recently, very bad move.

It has like 3 very awesome looking scenes though.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I just finished watching Green Lantern: First Flight and enjoyed it a lot. I really like the science fantasy element of it. It really is its own universe. I wish DC would take more opportunities to explore it outside of the comics. I feel like this movie would have made the perfect jump off point for a series.

Reading more about the Green Lantern universe and hearing about the entire spectrum of rings gives it this sort of Star Wars-ian feel. I'm hoping they borrow some of these elements for his solo movie (which I don't expect anytime soon).

DaveH

So what are the odds we get something the day the movie is exactly one year out?
Officially, low, I think. None of the creators seem to be sentimental in that sense. It's not really a milestone that means anything... and WB runs a relatively tight marketing ship.

A year and a week prior to Man of Steel we got to see the costumes in-person under glass, but that was linked to the June licensing expo... where we're all but guaranteed to start seeing something because licensees have to prep product, ad campaigns, shelf-space, and those slow boats from China of merch.

Informally and "unofficially" (with anything "spontaneous" being vetted 100 times over by marketing first)... we might get something smallish dropped on social media?

Pachimari

Even though I really don't like Man of Steel and have given it two chances now, I am still totally excited about Dawn of Justice. Just seeing Batman in the same movie as Superman is an event in itself but also getting glimpses of Wonder Woman, The Flash and Aquaman is something else. What I'm most looking forward to though, is if the Metropolis destruction will have any consequence on Superman, or if they will just skimp over it silently. I really think Superman and his species were responsible for the destruction and need to pay for itself somehow. I also can't wait to see Lex Luthor and how the actor tackles the role, and how the movie itself finds itself in the whole DCCU.

I never understood the shit Batman got (prep time lol) when Black Panther is just as, and even more so, OP.

I'd wager a good portion of Batfans don't read comics. The remaining Batfans don't care about BP because he doesn't have nearly the exposure or writing history behind him like Batman has.

My choice of Batman analog is Doom. Doom is insanely cool and one of the aspects of the marvel comic universe I'm envious of. He would only work in marvel though where everyone's standard powerset includes super genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom