• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
This film is so crowded. Like, why not just call it justice league?

Plus Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg should all have their own individual origin stories before even attempting justice league.

Because as everyone knows, there is only one way to make a superhero connected universe.

I think that about covers the cycle, do we go right back around to Batfleck now?

I know this was a joke, but I do wish every character was introduced in justice league, like the tv show

This. It's my birthday today so can we please get some news.

Happy birthday

5d1f2f0c4dff926187a87a4d8096293a.jpg

ooo jack kirby

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I just finished watching RoboCop (2014), and I have to say that I liked it. Enough that I wouldn't mind a sequel. It wasn't a masterpiece or anything, but I enjoyed it. Especially the first half.

Throughout the whole movie, I couldn't help but think "this would make an awesome Cyborg movie". Or at least certain elements of it. I hope we end up with something similar for his upcoming movie.

Subitai

I just finished watching RoboCop (2014), and I have to say that I liked it. Enough that I wouldn't mind a sequel. It wasn't a masterpiece or anything, but I enjoyed it. Especially the first half.

Throughout the whole movie, I couldn't help but think "this would make an awesome Cyborg movie". Or at least certain elements of it. I hope we end up with something similar for his upcoming movie.
I still want a RoboCop vs Terminator film. =/

Cyborg will appear in the Justice League movie before his own film, so the origin elements aren't going to get much attention.

G-Fex

I still want a RoboCop vs Terminator film. =/

Cyborg will appear in the Justice League movie before his own film, so the origin elements aren't going to get much attention.

I'd love a Robo vs terminator movie if they completely dump and disregard the damn reboot all together.

That poster signing is hilarious though.

Oh since bumped... saw this yesterday

Kind of a funny counter to DC's posters lacking smiling heroes or colors

I've never come across anyone ever saying that, and why would they, it's not like smiling heroes on action movie posters are a thing, unless it's a Dreamworks smirk. Seems like a straw man.
And the posters look plenty colorful to me, but the tweet doesn't actually mention colors anyway.

Penguin

I've never come across anyone ever saying that, and why would they, it's not like smiling heroes on action movie posters are a thing, unless it's a Dreamworks smirk. Seems like a straw man.
And the posters look plenty colorful to me, but the tweet doesn't actually mention colors anyway.

There are people on here who literally have said it.

But it was most noticable during the Superman poster reveal for this film.

ReiGun

To be fair, the filters WB uses do drain all the color. People still think WW's suit is brown.

The people who thought Aquaman's suit really was all black (I've seen them) are just dumb, however.

I think he turned it down.

A good move on his part, Marvel has wasted so many actors on minor roles. Idris Elba could have been so much more. I don't even think they get paid very well.

Marvel's marketing has always been deceiving in a way. Just look at trailers for Iron Man 3 and the Mandarin. All the Age of Ultron trailers are gloomy as well. Fans just use tone as fodder for DC vs Marvel.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
A good move on his part, marvel has wasted so many actors on minor roles. Idris Elba could have been so much more.
I think this is what bothered me the most with Marvel. He might have been up for the role of GL if DC was going the Stewart route. Instead we're stuck with him playing a glorified doorman.

Penguin

To be fair, the filters WB uses do drain all the color. People still think WW's suit is brown.

The people who thought Aquaman's suit really was all black (I've seen them) are just dumb, however.

To be fair, those are also character sheets

And not like "posters"

But yeah, I get the complaint a bit.
Still a silly point to harp on is all

ReiGun

A good move on his part, Marvel has wasted so many actors on minor roles. Idris Elba could have been so much more. I don't even think they get paid very well.

Marvel's marketing has always been deceiving in a way. Just look at trailers for Iron Man 3 and the Mandarin. All the Age of Ultron trailers are gloomy as well. Fans just use tone as fodder for DC vs Marvel.

The IM3 trailer was selling an almost entirely different movie than the one we actually got.

IconGrist

True. Though I'd say MoS's trailer was at least closer to what the movie was trying to be. IM3 was the bigger break in tone I felt.

And I'd agree. I was really excited for IM3 after the trailers and ended up considering it Marvel's worst movie thus far.

I think this is what bothered me the most with Marvel. He might have been up for the role of GL if DC was going the Stewart route. Instead we're stuck with him playing a glorified doorman.
Idris Elba as Jon Stewart would have been perfect casting. Heck, Stewart is almost like Luther with a GL ring. Is it impossible for him to be in a DC movie since his Marvel role is a cameo or is it like a contract problem that forbids him from being in another superhero film?

I stand corrected then. What a silly thing to say though, about the lack of smiles on posters i mean. The number of action movie posters (in general, not just superhero movies) with a smiling protagonist on them must be in a huge minority. It would be pretty disingenuous to chastise the DC movies for a lack of those.

The Superherohype forums are convinced we are getting something on the 25th because its officially a year until release. I'd like to believe it but I cant take the disappointment. If it IS a trailer though we will probably hear something in the next few days. No way they are releasing a trailer without announcing it days beforehand. If not, I'd be happy with another Batman pic. Pls WB.

Penguin

The Superherohype forums are convinced we are getting something on the 25th because its officially a year until release. I'd like to believe it but I cant take the disappointment. If it IS a trailer though we will probably hear something in the next few days. No way they are releasing a trailer without announcing it days beforehand. If not, I'd be happy with another Batman pic. Pls WB.
I mean it makes as much sense as anything else to latch hopes on to

If that doesn't work... then Wondercon then C2e2 then Mad Max

It's not very smart of Jason Mamoa to burn any bridges.

It's Hollywood. No one really burns bridges. I imagine it's playful banter. Marvel folks have done it.

Effect

It's Hollywood. No one really burns bridges. I imagine it's playful banter. Marvel folks have done it.

Seriously. It's actually the double standard. People on the Marvel side do it and everyone has a laugh. Someone connected with WB/DC does it and all of a sudden concerns about burning bridges, etc. Suggesting people need to bow at the alter that is Marvel for whatever stupid reason. Come on people don't be like that. Don't be that person.

Busty

Banned
I think it's fair to see why he'd feel irritated with Marvel given the rumour was they shot him a bullshit deal thinking he'd be such a mark he'd never say no.

Rumour? It's true. Marvel offered Mamoa a terrible deal for little money (as they do everyone) and he rejected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom