• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

You're telling if when I go watch Avengers Age of Ultron, I'm also getting a trailer for Star Wars and a teaser for Batman V Superman?

tumblr_inline_nmaydoR91B1seyqdu.gif

Loxley

You're telling if when I go watch Avengers Age of Ultron, I'm also getting a trailer for Star Wars and a teaser for Batman V Superman?

tumblr_inline_nmaydoR91B1seyqdu.gif

That sentence sounds absurd now, imagine how much more absurd it would have sounded just ten years ago. Funny, in 2005 we got Batman Begins, Revenge of the Sith, Elektra, Fantastic Four, and Constantine. Whereas in 2015 we're getting a <teaser> for Batman vs. Superman, The Force Awakens, a rebooted Daredevil, a rebooted Fantastic Four, and the rebooted Constantine is getting canceled. It's like poetry.

That sentence sounds absurd now, imagine how much more absurd it would have sounded just ten years ago. Funny, in 2005 we got Batman Begins, Revenge of the Sith, Elektra, Fantastic Four, and Constantine. Whereas in 2015 we're getting a <teaser> for Batman vs. Superman, The Force Awakens, a rebooted Daredevil, a rebooted Fantastic Four, and the rebooted Constantine is getting canceled. It's like poetry.

They actually came out today and said Constantine is not cancelled.

Would laugh if Junkie XL was the source.

2 mins 30 seconds... jesus. I'm figuring atleast 1 min 30 seconds of footage, which is still a ton. Rest is going to be panning shots, text, or studio logos.

a916

Would laugh if Junkie XL was the source.

2 mins 30 seconds... jesus. I'm figuring atleast 1 min 30 seconds of footage, which is still a ton. Rest is going to be panning shots, text, or studio logos.

This guy was featured on AMC Movie talk yesterday... he seems like a reputable person.

2YFfur1.gif

Love the games but aside from some of origins those stories are a mess. Red Hood would be a really cool intro to batman. It allows for some joker and a brand new villain not done yet

Not really, you got Jason Todd, his death, and resurrection all of which. singularly, will fill up and possibly over flow an uninformed viewer's suspension of disbelief cup. His comic resurrection was straight up hilariously stupid, Alternate reality Superman punched the time space contiuum so hard Todd was brought back to life, and the animated movie resurrection was ultra glossed over blah blah found wandering insane blah blah lazarus pit blah blah.

Not really, you got Jason Todd, his death, and resurrection all of which. singularly, will fill up and possibly over flow an uninformed viewer's suspension of disbelief cup. His comic resurrection was straight up hilariously stupid, Alternate reality Superman punched the time space contiuum so hard Todd was brought back to life, and the animated movie resurrection was ultra glossed over blah blah found wandering insane blah blah lazarus pit blah blah.

Someone clearly didn't see the animated DTV movie

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I stopped reading too soon. :p

Dunno how a Lazarus Pit would be too much for a movie goer when there's plenty of comic booky plot devices in Marvel movies.

Lets see what we got in DCCU so far

A demigod or an immortal girl created from mud --> ok
Alien boy who can fly, breath in space and shoot lasers -->ok.
Dude who can run so fast and go to the past or future --> ok
Tattooed man who can breath and speak under the sea and got Poseidon stick --> ok
A man that is a Crocodile --> ok
Evil man who get the magical powers of the Egyptian gods when he say a weird word --> ok

but wat the Lazarus Pit!!! now you went too far, DC.

Lets see what we got in DCCU so far

A demigod or an immortal girl created from mud --> ok
Alien boy who can fly, breath in space and shoot lasers -->ok.
Dude who can run so fast and go to the past or future --> ok
Tattooed man who can breath and speak under the sea and got Poseidon stick --> ok
A man that is a Crocodile --> ok
Evil man who get the magical powers of the Egyptian gods when he say a weird word --> ok

but wat the Lazarus Pit!!! now you went too far, DC.

The Pit is fine, the problem was Jason was alive when Talia found him alive for NOOOO resaon.

They can easily retune that plot to fit the film better, only the diehards really care about absolute faithfulness

The Pit is fine, the problem was Jason was alive when Talia found him alive for NOOOO resaon.

Perhaps i'm misunderstanding what you mean, but if you're ok with the pit resurrecting him, what's wrong with Talia finding him? It sounds like you're saying she found him first (after his death) and then he got the Lazarus pit treatment, but it was the other way around. He died, Ra's acquired his body and put him into the pit, Jason got resurrected, but was insane and ran off, Talia found him afterwards.

This guy was featured on AMC Movie talk yesterday... he seems like a reputable person.

Who junkie?

Yeah I meant it would be funny because of how hellbent he was on leaking stuff. He pretty much brought down the wrath of WB's ninjas on everyone because of his twitter.

Anth1888

Oh shit, going to a midnight screening in the UK for AoU but we get it a week early (23 April) so might be too early to get the BvS trailer.

Edit: Its been classified by the BBFC so who knows.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Without a doubt I'm wearing my Superman shirt to AoU now! I think my daughter is as excited about this trailer as I am. It will be full meltdown mode come March.

javac

Weird question, but how do they even connect the trailers to the movie itself? Because I remember going to watch a movie before TDKR came out, and the showing was supposed to have a new trailer but it ended up being some bullshit old ass trailer. I guess it differs from place to place. I'm going to watch Avengers anyways...but it would be hype to get a Batman and Star Wars Trailer as well :p

Psykoboy2

Weird question, but how do they even connect the trailers to the movie itself? Because I remember going to watch a movie before TDKR came out, and the showing was supposed to have a new trailer but it ended up being some bullshit old ass trailer. I guess it differs from place to place. I'm going to watch Avengers anyways...but it would be hype to get a Batman and Star Wars Trailer as well :p

Used to work projection back when theaters used film. One trailer would always be attached to a reel. Then in the canister's there would be 2 or 3 other trailers with a note telling me to attach these to the reel. Sometimes we would, sometimes we wouldn't - it was always up to us so long as we didn't throw a trailer for say...Toy Story 2 in front of something like A Walk Among The Tombstones. Or vice versa. I don't know how it is done now since everything is digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom