• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Guys, I don't think we're ready for it.

YrR7ZGL.jpg

It's about to happen.

From where is this?

javac

Used to work projection back when theaters used film. One trailer would always be attached to a reel. Then in the canister's there would be 2 or 3 other trailers with a note telling me to attach these to the reel. Sometimes we would, sometimes we wouldn't - it was always up to us so long as we didn't throw a trailer for say...Toy Story 2 in front of something like A Walk Among The Tombstones. Or vice versa. I don't know how it is done now since everything is digital.

Thanks! I mean I'll be honest, I'm not too mad since I know it must be a headache for the people working these things, so I'll cut them some slack, it's a tiny disappointment at best, but it would be awesome to see the trailer on the big screen with dat surround sound! :D I guess we'll see...might go to the more 'high end' cinema, seems to be run a lot better haha :p Thanks again.

Penguin

So I wonder if part of their plan even if this leaked early, but word of the teaser really pivoted direction away from MacLaren leaving Wonder Woman quickly.

DaveH

So I wonder if part of their plan even if this leaked early, but word of the teaser really pivoted direction away from MacLaren leaving Wonder Woman quickly.
I think it's the other way around. They already knew what they were going to do with the teaser / trailer (but even Junkie XL didn't), which is part of why they shut him down. Plus, there's more moving parts with the teaser, which suggests it was already in motion.

However, they already knew they were having problems with MacLaren and had already agreed to part ways, but looking for a strategic time to leak that information.

With their teaser scheduled already, they leak the MacLaren information just a little before so that the news cycle on it is short.

Penguin

I think it's the other way around. They already knew what they were going to do with the teaser / trailer (but even Junkie XL didn't), which is part of why they shut him down. Plus, there's more moving parts with the teaser, which suggests it was already in motion.

However, they already knew they were having problems with MacLaren and had already agreed to part ways, but looking for a strategic time to leak that information.

With their teaser scheduled already, they leak the MacLaren information just a little before so that the news cycle on it is short.

Well that's what I meant

The teaser was clearly intended for this dual set-up
So did they announce MacLaren in hopes of being able to silence the criticism by focusing on first footage

DaveH

Well that's what I meant

The teaser was clearly intended for this dual set-up
So did they announce MacLaren in hopes of being able to silence the criticism by focusing on first footage
I know, but I think that the MacLaren leak was intentional and took some action on the WB's part, whereas the trailer "leak" was an inevitable part of the process. I'm splitting hairs, but I don't think people knowing about the trailer was anything intentional on the WB's part... people working at theaters were already leaking the information to fansites and journalists fairly early on, it was just at matter of someone pulling the trigger on publishing. Conversely, the MacLaren leak came directly from a reputable trade magazine tending to suggest an intentional leak rather than being part of the process.

Again, splitting hairs.

Penguin

I know, but I think that the MacLaren leak was intentional and took some action on the WB's part, whereas the trailer "leak" was an inevitable part of the process. I'm splitting hairs, but I don't think people knowing about the trailer was anything intentional on the WB's part... people working at theaters were already leaking the information to fansites and journalists fairly early on, it was just at matter of someone pulling the trigger on publishing. Conversely, the MacLaren leak came directly from a reputable trade magazine tending to suggest an intentional leak rather than being part of the process.

Again, splitting hairs.

Oh but MacLaren wasn't a leak, I mean Warner offered a statement on it!

But yeah arguing semantics

Either way, they were able to really downplay the negative impact with this

I'm stupid... I got my tickets thinking I was the first one then I see seating is first come first serve. Now idk if the drive to Irvine is worth it... Okay it would be worth it but I just want to make sure I get seating.... I'm thinking of going early on Monday but that might not be enough... Sure there are people in line now! Still all very exciting.

Ashhong

I'm stupid... I got my tickets thinking I was the first one then I see seating is first come first serve. Now idk if the drive to Irvine is worth it... Okay it would be worth it but I just want to make sure I get seating.... I'm thinking of going early on Monday but that might not be enough... Sure there are people in line now! Still all very exciting.

Worth it to see the trailer? I don't thjnk so...and I'm only 10 minutes from irvine. The line and crowd is going to be ridiculous. I'll just see it in front of avengers.

I'm bummed it's not reserved seating too, but I'm thankfully living in a smaller city (Albuquerque) so I think if I line up at like 4 PM that day I should get in.

Plus, a special message from Zach Snyder before it, and the possibility of swag (shirts, posters, who knows)? Totally worth it.

WE GONNA EAT FAM

Thing looks like it is possessed.

It's going to eat Affleck's soul.

I can't wait until the 20th.

There's a meta interpretation in there somewhere, I'm sure :p

Maddocks

Damn that superman suit looks better then it did when it was in man of steel, no idea if it is just because the color is really popping or because it was changed slightly, but it looks damn good.

Imperial

Finally, got my two tickets. other buddy has two also. Going hard like we did for first 5 minutes of The Dark Knight.

I'm bummed it's not reserved seating too, but I'm thankfully living in a smaller city (Albuquerque) so I think if I line up at like 4 PM that day I should get in.

Plus, a special message from Zach Snyder before it, and the possibility of swag (shirts, posters, who knows)? Totally worth it.

WE GONNA EAT FAM

I expect you guys to post a bootleg on this site as soon as it finishes! ;)

Loxley

I'm calling it now - as part of the onslaught of marketing we're to get for this film (particularly once we hit January 2016), WB are going to do a #ChooseYourSide bit of social media campaigning. You know, something along the lines of "Are you #TeamBatman or #TeamSuperman?". With a title like "Batman v. Superman" you almost have to do something like that in this day and age of film marketing.

Heck they'll probably make a Batman-focused trailer and a Superman equivalent then do a whole voting thing. Whichever "team" gets the most votes (or retweets or whatever), they'll release a trailer focused on that character first.

Batman will win, but hey, we at #TeamSuperman will try our hardest.

The funny thing about this is the Warcraft film (which releases two weeks before BVS) is already doing something exactly like this with the Horde vs. Alliance thing. But I think the temptation for WB will be too great and we'll get something similar for BVS.

IconGrist

no, it was recolored for this teaser. I posted the comparison image in the other thread.

Recolored yes but the actual scene is from MoS. It doesn't even have the BvS redesign of the Superman suit. I imagine that shot of the batsuit is in BvS and a similar one for Supes does not exist so they justed used the MoS scene.

Yager

Banned
I'm calling it now - as part of the onslaught of marketing we're to get for this film (particularly once we hit January 2016), WB are going to do a #ChooseYourSide bit of social media campaigning. You know, something along the lines of "Are you #TeamBatman or #TeamSuperman?". With a title like "Batman v. Superman" you almost have to do something like that in this day and age of film marketing.

Heck they'll probably make a Batman-focused trailer and a Superman equivalent then do a whole voting thing. Whichever "team" gets the most votes (or retweets or whatever), they'll release a trailer focused on that character first.

Batman will win, but hey, we at #TeamSuperman will try our hardest.

The funny thing about this is the Warcraft film (which releases two weeks before BVS) is already doing something exactly like this with the Horde vs. Alliance thing. But I think the temptation for WB will be too great and we'll get something similar for BVS.

Count me in for #TeamSperman bro.
Though I doubt they'll make 1 trailer for each of them. Maybe 2 teasers with some randome images and a voiceover or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom