• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Really hoping there's some huge marvel vs dc fan at WB that just jumps the gun and leaks the trailer :p. So we're a little under a month from mad max, it's going to be here anyday now. Kind of want to make a hype thread for people's favorite portrayals of DC characters in comics, movies, animations or what have you but that would fall fast in OT.

That would probably turn into a shit show in the first 10 posts. The hate DC gets nowadays actually sours me from joining Marvel discussions. I watch all the movies, I loved the majority of them but I can't stand the fanbase. A friend of mine told me the other day that Daredevil is better than Suicide Squad could ever hope to be. Like that was somehow supposed to make sense. A show with 13 hours of character development versus a 2+ hour movie that, at the time of his comment, hadn't even started filming.

Being a fan is one thing but shit like that is on a whole other level.

That would probably turn into a shit show in the first 10 posts. The hate DC gets nowadays actually sours me from joining Marvel discussions. I watch all the movies, I loved the majority of them but I can't stand the fanbase. A friend of mine told me the other day that Daredevil is better than Suicide Squad could ever hope to be. Like that was somehow supposed to make sense. A show with 13 hours of character development versus a 2+ hour movie that, at the time of his comment, hadn't even started filming.

You need new friends.

Really hoping there's some huge marvel vs dc fan at WB that just jumps the gun and leaks the trailer :p. So we're a little under a month from mad max, it's going to be here anyday now. Kind of want to make a hype thread for people's favorite portrayals of DC characters in comics, movies, animations or what have you but that would fall fast in OT.

I'd be surprised if the trailer doesn't leak. Someone will jump the gun.

Penguin

Most people prefer their jobs!

Don't blame em

I'm starting to get there. I still enjoy talking Marvel, but it's amazing how DC bashing somehow crops up from seemingly totally innocuous discussions. I fully expect to have a conversation go exactly like this in the near future.:

"Hey, did you see Avengers 2?"

"Yeah, that's some good shit. I really liked [INSERT JOKE HERE]"

"Ahahaha! Yeah, that's hilarious."

"..."

"Man, Batman fucking sucks."

The answers would be the Batman 60s series, Batman '66, Batman '89, a few Batman Forevers, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, a few Dark Knight Rises, BTAS, Batman in JL, Batman in Young Justice, and Under The Red Hood.

EDIT: Almost forgot Batman Beyond

Yeah I definitely get that feeling, I'd rather not get into it with other people over something so stupid or trivial. I do watch pretty much every super hero film in theater unless it's something like Ghost Rider or Ant Man where I'm not feeling it from the trailers. Then I just watch it on netflix.

I don't expect any leaks until they distribute it to theaters or something. Someone will leak, I guarantee it :p. I fully expect WB to release it online way before Mad Max to prevent theaters from leaking it.

The answers would be the Batman 60s series, Batman '66, Batman '89, a few Batman Forevers, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, a few Dark Knight Rises, BTAS, Batman in JL, Batman in Young Justice, and Under The Red Hood.

There's so many good ones. I really like this one from morrison's run;

batman_rip_poster_by_sydpart2-d5e9sh9.jpg

Whenever people think of prep time they think of him taking down gods or something absurd like Tower of Babel, but that is what I think of prep time.

But I also like the father take on Batman, B&R by Tomasi is really great, the comic after he loses robin is completely textless but it conveys emotion so well

man Batman is so cool. He should be in his own separate universe with no lame sidekicks except Alfred because every other DC character is so lame

He honestly feels like a Marvel character /s

Batman is love, Batman is life.

I love Superman in KC but I can't find too many good scans of some scenes. Shazam had a really pivotal moment as well that would be spoiler heavy.

Superman in New Frontier is what I want to see Cavill turn into

There's so many good ones. I really like this one from morrison's run;

Whenever people think of prep time they think of him taking down gods or something absurd like Tower of Babel, but that is what I think of prep time.

But I also like the father take on Batman, B&R by Tomasi is really great, the comic after he loses robin is completely textless but it conveys emotion so well

man Batman is so cool. He should be in his own separate universe with no lame sidekicks except Alfred because every other DC character is so lame

I think I've actually heard people argue that Batman should joint he MCU.

These are strange days, people.

Just saw the OT, that's unfortunate. I'm curious what the creative differences are. I hope DC's efforts aren't too strongly producer driven, but at the same time I don't want too many liberties taken by the directors.

Loxley

Annnnnd that MacLaren thread is already a "lulz DC droolz Marvel rulez" shit show. I really just need to stick to these OT threads when it comes to anything DC related -_-

Annnnnd that MacLaren thread is already a "lulz DC droolz Marvel rulez" shit show. I really just need to stick to these OT threads when it comes to anything DC related -_-

I think it's ascended past the point of console wars on the main boards. No idea what causes so much haterade.

Frankly, I'm just surprised it took as long as it did for the ball to start rolling. Only one "DC is dooooomed!" post on the first page, that's impressive.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I think it's ascended past the point of console wars on the main boards. No idea what causes so much haterade.
Um....Man of Steel was the worst movie ever made. Didn't you know? Also, Superman is boring and Snyder sucks.

EDIT: Oh, and WB is the worst studio around too!

ReiGun

The tide of console wars is usually stemmed by there being an entire forum full of other threads to participate in, so you can avoid it.

On the flip, EVERY thread about these movies eventually turns into this shit.

Loxley

Some of you guys should have a persecution complex-off with the Vitabros, I swear.

I've never been criticised for liking DC on GAF and I don't believe there's some grand conspiracy against DC or its fans around here. But given the fact that the majority of DC/DCCU related threads can't go more than two or three pages on average without devolving into the same tired-ass Marvel vs. DC arguments, I feel like I do have the right to be annoyed at that. It makes it less fun to talk about this sort of stuff when each thread just goes off the rails like clockwork. Especially if you're a fan of both Marvel and DC.

This is part of why I love reading through that monthly comics thread - though I rarely ever post. There's some great discussions about the big two. I really should participate in ComicsGAF more often, maybe I'll make that a late New Year's resolution.

IconGrist

I was reading the McLaren thread and see people calling for Whedon to get the job.

No. Just no. No. Keep Whedon's "joke a minute" crap out of my Wonder Woman.

I've never been criticised for liking DC on GAF and I don't believe there's some grand conspiracy against DC or its fans around here. But given the fact that the majority of DC/DCCU related threads can't go more than two or three pages on average without devolving into the same tired-ass Marvel vs. DC arguments, I feel like I do have the right to be annoyed at that. It makes it less fun to talk about this sort of stuff when each thread just goes off the rails like clockwork. Especially if you're a fan of both Marvel and DC.

This is part of why I love reading through that monthly comics thread - though I rarely ever post. There's some great discussions about the big two. I really should participate in ComicsGAF more often, maybe I'll make that a late New Year's resolution.

ComicGaf is nice. I don't really read Marvel but it's still entertaining to see what they're up to and people's reactions.

It's not that I think everyone is part of some DC hate circle, just that it's usually one person that massively derails the thread and there just happens to be more marvel fans (think we did a poll on it and the split was a bit over 60/40) so there's bound to be more than a handful of people who will derail a thread. I'm sure it'll turn into more of a shitfest if DC's movies take off like Nolan's batfilms did, then the DC side will be firing back . On occasion though we'll get a pleasant thread like Aquaman's costume reveal.

Loxley

I was reading the McLaren thread and see people calling for Whedon to get the job.

No. Just no. No. Keep Whedon's "joke a minute" crap out of my Wonder Woman.

I was always curious what his take on the character would have been back when the project was stuck in development hell during the Superman Returns days.

Whedon likes to cast fairly petite women in the role of the ass-kicker (if Buffy and River are anything to go on) and I remember reading back then that a lot of people felt he'd probably continue that trend with Wonder Woman. Man, you think the WW threads are awful now with people endlessly complaining about Gadot's body...

ComicGaf is nice. I don't really read Marvel but it's still entertaining to see what they're up to and people's reactions.

It's not that I think everyone is part of some DC hate circle, just that it's usually one person that massively derails the thread and there just happens to be more marvel fans (think we did a poll on it and the split was a bit over 60/40) so there's bound to be more than a handful of people who will derail a thread. I'm sure it'll turn into more of a shitfest if DC's movies take off like Nolan's batfilms did, then the DC side will be firing back . On occasion though we'll get a pleasant thread like Aquaman's costume reveal.

I was utterly shocked at how positive that Aquaman thread was.

That was a good thread.

It was also kind of comforting; Snyder drops a photo of Aquaman (Aquaman!) at 2 in the morning, and the internet combusts. Sort of proved that there really is excitement for these movies.

IconGrist

I was always curious what his take on the character would have been back when the project was stuck in development hell during the Superman Returns days.

Whedon likes to cast fairly petite women in the role of the ass-kicker (if Buffy and River are anything to go on) and I remember reading back then that a lot of people felt he'd probably continue that trend with Wonder Woman. Man, you think the WW threads are awful now with people endlessly complaining about Gadot's body...

Word is he wanted Agent Hill's actress to play her back then.

ReiGun

This is more or less how I feel. It's not some massive conspiracy or anything; it's just really annoying. And not just with DC, but with non-MCU Marvel movies too.

It really sucks that McLaren left Wonder Woman - she was my (only) pick for the chair.

Sooo, who do you guys think should get the job?

I've seen Bigelow's name thrown around a bit, but I think that's just a matter of her being the only big-name female director people know. Not convinced she's an especially good fit. Not sure who I'd pick to step up next, honestly. Don't know many female directors :p

3N16MA

Banned
I don't get involved in the whole DC/Marvel GAF battle. I'm hyped for films from both camps even though the DCCU peaks my interest a bit more moving forward. I'm not the biggest fan of MoS and DC has stumbled at times getting things right. However the Marvel can do no wrong mentality regarding the MCU is also ridiculous. Iron Man, Avengers, Winter Solider, and GotG are the only films worth mentioning.

IM 2/3 were nothing to get excited about, both Thor films are subpar, Captain America dipped in the second half, The Incredible Hulk is meh.

I don't get involved in the whole DC/Marvel GAF battle. I'm hyped for films from both camps even though the DCCU peaks my interest a bit more moving forward. I'm not the biggest fan of MoS and DC has stumbled at times getting things right. However the Marvel can do no wrong mentality regarding the MCU is also ridiculous. Iron Man, Avengers, Winter Solider, and GotG are the only films worth mentioning.

IM 2/3 were nothing to get excited about, both Thor films are subpar, Captain America dipped in the second half, The Incredible Hulk is meh.
Checked out Daredevil yet?

I've seen Bigelow's name thrown around a bit, but I think that's just a matter of her being the only big-name female director people know. Not convinced she's an especially good fit. Not sure who I'd pick to step up next, honestly. Don't know many female directors :p

I was looking through articles back from before McLaren got hired. It listed Lexi Alexander, who then came up with a really interesting name: Jane Goldman.

Snyder just tweeted this:

CChlxKsVEAI77A2.jpg:large

Those IMAX cameras are insane.

Not yet but I have high hopes for it.
I really enjoyed it, but then again I love gritty crime fiction and I started reading the Daredevil runs recently

As for the main discussion, the Marvel vs DC attitude is pretty ridiculous. I liked MoS as much as Avengers; I'm equally hyped for Suicide Squad and BvS as I am for Avengers 2 and Cap 3. Like what's wrong with enjoying both? They'll all fun comic book movies.

But seriously, Image is way cooler than Marvel or DC :p

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Question is, which superhero is Snyder gonna play ... dude's jacked as hell.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Gail Simone tweets are gone.. what with WB Ninjas? Simone got Cass and Katana on her side you one would think they'll protect her from WB Ninja (DC Ninjas > WB ninjas)

Also seems WB don't want anyone to talk about this movie at all. Ayer showing tons of Suicide Squad stuff = A-Ok, someone post vague hints about Batman v Superman = Shut down the internet.

Teaser poster imminent? Give us something to whet our appetites before the trailer WB!

They should release the Comic Con 2014 in HD on youtube teaser already.

I mean really, why that teaser is not out yet, the only version is the leaked one by bad phone and most people have seen it in that bad quality so just release it in full HD before the real trailer.

But seriously, Image is way cooler than Marvel or DC :p

they are good actually, Image is my 2nd favorite after DC. iirc some years ago Silvestri of Top Cow/Image on Twitter said they were in talk with Sony Pictures on getting some movies, it was ages ago I guess nothing happened about that. I hope someday in the future we see new Image movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom