• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer occupies a weird place where I admit it's a good trailer but there's a dozen things it says about the film proper that doesn't sit well with me.

btrboyev

Not feeling either trailer. I'll also will say Man of Steel was a terrible movie and I have zero faith in Synder. He fooled me with the Man of Steel trailers.

Some quick observations of the trailer:

There's a lot of cuts spliced together.

-WW is obviously fighting someone they don't want to show, AKA doomsday.
-When Superman "shoots" his heat vision, the back ground is totally fucking ruined. Like absolute devastation. I don't think this shot is from his fight with Batman. I think it's from Doomsday fight. That's way too much destruction from Bruce vs Clark.
-Likewise, the receiving end of heat vision I think is from doomsday. I think this doomsday has heat vision, there's no plausible way that Clark shot something that devastating at Bruce, and if they did they wouldn't have split it so awkwardly.
-When Luthor is "blessing" Clark, the lights in the background look like some sort of vigil. Maybe a memorial service for Metropolis?
-There are US military troops handling Zod's casket, possibly giving to Lex Corp. I'm thinking Lex convinced the senators to give him Zod's casket in order to study Superman. They end up creating doomsday somehow.
-Robin's suit is red but heavily scorched, implying a bomb in his death. Similar to Death of a Family.
-The background of WW's shot with her bracers looks much more full in comparison to the "explosion" shot in the next scene. I don't think she's the one that caused the explosion.

I'll have to rewatch it for more speculation but this is what I picked up.

-When Superman "shoots" his heat vision, the back ground is totally fucking ruined. Like absolute devastation. I don't think this shot is from his fight with Batman. I think it's from Doomsday fight. That's way too much destruction from Bruce vs Clark.
-Likewise, the receiving end of heat vision I think is from doomsday. I think this doomsday has heat vision, there's no plausible way that Clark shot something that devastating at Bruce, and if they did they wouldn't have split it so awkwardly.
-When Luthor is "blessing" Clark, the lights in the background look like some sort of vigil. Maybe a memorial service for Metropolis?
-There are US military troops handling Zod's casket, possibly giving to Lex Corp. I'm thinking Lex convinced the senators to give him Zod's casket in order to study Superman. They end up creating doomsday somehow.
-Robin's suit is red but heavily scorched, implying a bomb in his death. Similar to Death of a Family.
-The background of WW's shot with her bracers looks much more full in comparison to the "explosion" shot in the next scene. I don't think she's the one that caused the explosion.

1-3: totally agree
4: shot felt more like a "look how docile I can make you" scene. maybe post Kryptonite exposure?
5: the scene with the underwater diver looked like they were looking at a body bag wrapped in chains. maybe Zod's remains were originally Osama'd into the ocean?
6: Death in the Family is too good not to use
7: yeah the cut gave it away, too much seems missing between the two

IconGrist

I'm thinking Doomsday in this context is like a resurrected mutated Zod. His higher brain functions are gone so he's just a primal beast but would retain some kryptonian abilities (such as the heat vision). I could be WAY off though.

I'm thinking Doomsday in this context is like a resurrected mutated Zod. His higher brain functions are gone so he's just a primal beast but would retain some kryptonian abilities (such as the heat vision). I could be WAY off though.

Plot rumor:
That's the fan theory/rumor floating around right now

I don't like Doomsday much. He just seems like a less interesting Hulk.

His design is cool but really any other villain would be wasted in the last 30 mins of a movie where he's introduced and defeated. He's perfect for public recognition and as a throwaway villain.

I don't think WB will show him until we get into later tv spots. They're going to play him close to the chest.

I've got a feeling its Metallo. That huge Kryptonite rock, the idea of metal suits and Lex rumoured to have a powersuit (which i think is just metallo).

Not feeling either trailer. I'll also will say Man of Steel was a terrible movie and I have zero faith in Synder. He fooled me with the Man of Steel trailers.

Man of Steel was fine visually. The story and script were 100% David Goyer, who sucks.

They fired Goyer and got Chris Terrio for this film. I have hope. Terrio wrote Argo after all.

I've got a feeling its Metallo. That huge Kryptonite rock, the idea of metal suits and Lex rumoured to have a powersuit (which i think is just metallo).

I don't see him as a big enough threat for Wonder Woman and Batman needing to assist. Or for them to struggle in fighting him. But I could be wrong.

SimleuqiR

Pretty great observations.

On Flash's costume.

Shawn Madden ‏@smichaelmadden 12 minHá 12 minutos
By the way...bit late but all the concept art for THE FLASH, GL CORPS & CYBORG looks great. Get very excited for those. #HallH #SDCC

Shawn Madden ‏@smichaelmadden 2 minHá 2 minutos
@JasonVerve Looks similar to INJUSTICE suit mixed with NEW 52.

From superhero hype.

Still weird to see complaints of no-color after that trailer.

Some clearly.. well-lit shots

At this point it's just trolling.

It's lighting up on my FB, everyone says they thought the trailer was really good. Youtube metrics seem to agree. I'd say it's a success for WB, curious what the trailer numbers will be like.

3N16MA

Banned
Can't bring myself to watch the Suicide Squad trailer until a better quality release. BvS was amazing and was one of those "holy shit this is actually happening" moments.

3N16MA

Banned
Man of Steel is for me a 7/10.

I can't believe that on Gaf, there is only 1/10 or 10/10. So much hyperbole about how bad MoS is.

I don't even know if we'll see a trailer of that officially released before BvS hits the cinemas.

I have my issues with MoS but it is not the pile of shit that some people make it out to be.

Hopefully WB releases something before March or it is going to be a long wait.

Simo

So anyone talented enough to cut some avatars up?

I want to be team superman.

That is what I'm waiting for also, want some type of batman, but by the time someone makes them and the time I see it, it will get taken.

From the trailer? I could crop some out of it if ya like. Any suggested timestamps?

#TeamBat
#TeamSupes

Also I wonder what the 2 minute public trailer will run like? I'd imagine a cut down version but I wonder if it'd sneak in any other scenes not in the CC one?

ryan299

I have my issues with MoS but it is not the pile of shit that some people make it out to be.

Hopefully WB releases something before March or it is going to be a long wait.

I think the next trailer is coming after the superbowl. They'll be an epic spot at the game then they'll release a final trailer after that. Although they could attach something to Star Wars seeing as it will be huge.

From the trailer? I could crop some out of it if ya like. Any suggested timestamps?

#TeamBat
#TeamSupes

Also I wonder what the 2 minute public trailer will run like? I'd imagine a cut down version but I wonder if it'd sneak in any other scenes not in the CC one?

Something like :23 mark on the youtube video, when Clark is addressing the hearing, please.

Simo

Something like :23 mark on the youtube video, when Clark is addressing the hearing, please.

These ok?
av1.jpg
av2.jpg
ava2.jpg

These ok?
av1.jpg
av2.jpg
ava2.jpg

those are terrific, now I'm having a hard time picking.

I think I'll go with the lighter one, it looks like he's getting ready to save someone :p.

edit: Thanks, looks great!

#TeamSupes?

Support than man who ran into the rubble not the alien who caused it!

pff Superman is my lord and savior.

Honestly I was a huge Batman fan before I started reading comics, now It's either Shazam or Superman for my favorite hero, it's a tough choice between the two.

3N16MA

Banned
Plz. You look at anyone's top 10 Comic book movies list, then compare Writing credits, Goyer's name will appear more than anyone else.

The Nolan brothers reworked his stuff. He deserves some credit because I don't believe he had no influence but the Nolan's put their own heavy influence on the writing.

Maddocks

Here you go! I just went through the trailer and cropped a bunch of stills for use as avatars.
19448515160_b8d82a32a8_o.jpg
19448489488_71a7ef6d08_o.jpg
19448515300_4551c77177_o.jpg
19640951431_5c9f1a9c1e_o.jpg

19610322676_166aff8456_o.jpg
19629466292_ebe5e16b50_o.jpg
19013924034_020e0df4be_o.jpg
19629463582_e36803d1af_o.jpg
19449913799_a778ebe410_o.jpg

19640948671_d974901440_o.jpg
19448483978_318c36cb1f_o.jpg
19610320166_7e833fbab6_o.jpg
19610320196_e80b2fbf47_o.jpg
19448484098_73dd6350d5_o.jpg

Beautiful, going to snag the Armor Batman one. Looked through the trailer and that is the one that speaks to me the most. Other one I liked was batman kicking in a window, but that moved so fast it would be impossible to make out a still image of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom