• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimleuqiR

But that makes it feel like Superman is a plot point for the other characters instead of a character himself. Clark/Superman gets ONE sentence the entire trailer and it's off screen over Batman footage. It's like a trailer for a disaster movie (which is probably intentional) and saying the tornado is the main character.

Batman stuff has more to show, simple as that. He's got a new actor, a new Alfred, (three) new suits, a Batplane, a Batmobile, Bat-Gadgets, and flashback to his parents dying.

By contrast, there's nothing new to market Superman alone with.

Batman is also you know, a Human.
MoS was Clark trying to find out where he came from, and at the very end he came out to the world as Superman.

Batman vs Superman is the aftermath of this event. I think Batman, and to a degree Lex are, the perfect conduits for how humanity is dealing with the revelation of living God.

Superman is not done proving himself to the world. This is why Ma' Kent says what she says.

I have to say, this is a very realistic approved to Superman. I love it.
Humanity wouldn't just embrace him. They would fear him to death and even try to stop him. That's our nature.

Penguin

But that makes it feel like Superman is a plot point for the other characters instead of a character himself. Clark/Superman gets ONE sentence the entire trailer and it's off screen over Batman footage. It's like a trailer for a disaster movie (which is probably intentional) and saying the tornado is the main character.

All I see is batman this and batman that and what he will do against this Superman.

I guess I need to calm down lol, and have faith, but you know Snyder is known to have a hard on on Batman and this trailers are making Batman look incredible badass and making Superman look like an enemy thats all Im saying.

I get the point, but I feel like so much of it will center around Superman... and it's not nearly as fun to see him fight since we got a ton of that in MoS...

And would imagine want to save those for the movie proper.

We shall see.

3N16MA

Banned
CJzHAU5WgAAfa0m.jpg

Per Clay Enos.

The chin works perfectly.

I watched the trailer at least 50 times now.

Does anyone find it strange that we havent heard a single Superman line in this trailers released?

Is weird as hell to me, he is the lead and we havent heard him speak at all.

I enjoyed the trailer but I noticed this, too.

One of my biggest complaints about MoS is that Clark is pretty passive, in terms of his own character development. Lots of father and/or parent figures telling him to do or not do something, and he listens.

Naturally, I'm not judging the (unseen) movie by this, but it did cross my mind.

Really?

My read of this movie is that it centers around Superman. Every plot thread introduced so far seems to connect back to Superman.

Senator/hearing on MoS ending? Superman
Luthor's distrust? Superman
Batman's seething rage? Superman

Agreed. Even the Suicide Squad trailer plants Superman at the center of this universe with Waller saying Superman probably brought all these bad guys out from the shadows.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I still cannot get over how great this cowl looks. Especially in comparison to the downgrade that Bale's received in the last two Nolan films. The neck really makes a difference.

it was weird especially after how in the "making of" of BB extra they wasted a long time explaining why they made the "panther-like" neck to make it look menacing and were very happy about it, just to forgot about all of that in the next movie. (then again TDK is the greatest superhero of all time... so maybe they sacrificed the bat neck for that to happen)

A shame we didn't get batfleck's suit in Arkham Knight. I'd rather have that then DKR suit.

yeah, that was just weird. one will think WB will jump on that to make some money..but they didn't. oh well.

Veelk

Banned
I still cannot get over how great this cowl looks. Especially in comparison to the downgrade that Bale's received in the last two Nolan films. The neck really makes a difference.

I agree it looks much better in terms of cohesiveness. Nolan's looks like an helmet, while this looks like an actual face with the mask animated along with it, bring it much closer to being realized as a live action comic. In that way, I do like it and recognize it a better realized version of what they're going for than what Nolan was going for. I mean, maybe this particular look wouldn't have worked as well in the Dark Knight trilogy, because that had a more realistic tone to it, and Batman being a guy in tactical gear worked, while BvS seems to be going more for being an actual comic book in motion in live action. They are accomplishing different things, and BvS is accomplishing its thing better.

However, I hate the aesthetic. I always hated Batsuits with tiny ears, the buttchin Affleck has is distracting. I hate the fat Fat Bat, and I always thought Batman looks better with a slimmer build for all the rooftop jumping/gliding he does, where as him looking like a tank is intimidating, but it feels like all the weight would slow him down. A gymnastic build would suit him better, I feel, vs the body builder one he has now. It's just personal preference I guess.

Spoilers ahead: [URL="http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2014/12/15/find-out-supermans-situation-in-batman-v-superman"Spoilers, ]Devin Faraci has said in the past that the movie is very much Superman centric.[/URL]

Apparently Faraci is a notch above most insiders, and his reporting seems to be inline with the trailer.

Penguin

Re-reading the original thread, it's so happy to see we've literally been having the same circular discussion since before the film was even official!

ryan299

Crazy. I feel like it was just yesterday. I love you guys, we'll be together in the sun.

It really does feel like it was yesterday. I was talking to my friend about how three years ago the other day, we got to see an advanced screening of Rises and we couldn't believe it's been three years already.

I wish this movie came out this summer. Waiting until March is going to suck lol

Penguin

What surprises me is how few of the traditional cycle arguments I'm seeing there. Affleck and Gadot hadn't been announced yet, so of course that's not gonna show, but a quick search revealed none of the "OMG DC is doing it all out of order, need solo movies first" stuff.

Then you're not reading it carefully.

Already several people saying, they have no plan... throwing crap to the wall. Not doing it like Marvel. Why isn't it just a Justice League movie... and like first 3 pages

Then you're not reading it carefully.

Already several people saying, they have no plan... throwing crap to the wall. Not doing it like Marvel. Why isn't it just a Justice League movie... and like first 3 pages

Yeah, probably. I just did a search for "solo," as in "solo movies." Mostly people talking about how they're not sure Aquaman could handle one, or that they hope WW is going to get one, that sort of thing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
the few extra frames of WW from the "Domestic theatrical" trailer
5OXRLEx.gif

Wonder Woman's shield was glowing red(blocking heat vision?)

The whole scene plays out in less than a second yet it's the only detail we have to analyze of her. The cgi will be touched up but it's not unrealistic that a lot of cgi falls apart when you slow down the frames and pick at it.

March is so far away ;_;.

I was surprised to see a cut attached to Ant-man already. I think we'll get a new trailer with Star Wars, even though I've already seen enough of this movie without getting spoiled on more. WB is going ham with marketing. I also think Marvel will attach a Civil War trailer to Star Wars and BvS. And then WB will have squad on BvS and Civil War, etc etc for eternity and all their movies lmao.

Loxley

They could find an actor to age him up... or maybe they wanna Will Smith his son

My guess, if the rumor is true, is that we'll only be seeing Robin in flashbacks and he won't have any lines at all. Similar to how Snyder used his son in 300 and Watchmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom