• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

Man of Steel is for me a 7/10.

I can't believe that on Gaf, there is only 1/10 or 10/10. So much hyperbole about how bad MoS is.

Only on NeoGAF is the Dark Knight an 11 and the Dark Knight Rises is -1/10 and causes poverty and death.

Some quick observations of the trailer:

There's a lot of cuts spliced together.

-WW is obviously fighting someone they don't want to show, AKA doomsday.
-When Superman "shoots" his heat vision, the back ground is totally fucking ruined. Like absolute devastation. I don't think this shot is from his fight with Batman. I think it's from Doomsday fight. That's way too much destruction from Bruce vs Clark.
-Likewise, the receiving end of heat vision I think is from doomsday. I think this doomsday has heat vision, there's no plausible way that Clark shot something that devastating at Bruce, and if they did they wouldn't have split it so awkwardly.
-When Luthor is "blessing" Clark, the lights in the background look like some sort of vigil. Maybe a memorial service for Metropolis?
-There are US military troops handling Zod's casket, possibly giving to Lex Corp. I'm thinking Lex convinced the senators to give him Zod's casket in order to study Superman. They end up creating doomsday somehow.
-Robin's suit is red but heavily scorched, implying a bomb in his death. Similar to Death of a Family.
-The background of WW's shot with her bracers looks much more full in comparison to the "explosion" shot in the next scene. I don't think she's the one that caused the explosion.

I'll have to rewatch it for more speculation but this is what I picked up.

Wholly agree, Clark has burned trees around him, while Bruce has buildings around him. Also, the heat vision at Batman is about half his body size, whereas the heat vision shot in Man of Steel and this trailer by Superman is still a thin beam.

Second thing I think would be pretty cool after reading your point, I wonder if Wonder Woman's bracers cause a shield if smashed together in this movie.

ryan299

We should add these gifs to the OP.

IzZzTMf.gif

VW6gdLu.gif

FaLMrs0.gif

Wholly agree, Clark has burned trees around him, while Bruce has buildings around him. Also, the heat vision at Batman is about half his body size, whereas the heat vision shot in Man of Steel and this trailer by Superman is still a thin beam.

Clark can widen and narrow the beam, he melts his way to the ship with a widened beam and performs delicate surgery on Lois with a narrow beam.

Man that bottom gif.

I seriously can't believe anyone that criticizes Snyder's action scenes. They're the best in the genre. I still get shivers in the Smallville fight and when Zodd learns how to use heat vision. Marvel and Fox's scenes are alright, but they lack this sort of... impact that MoS has. It really felt like two titans going at it.

Between Berserk and DC I'm always misspelling Zod(d).

Only on NeoGAF is the Dark Knight an 11 and the Dark Knight Rises is -1/10 and causes poverty and death.

Second thing I think would be pretty cool after reading your point, I wonder if Wonder Woman's bracers cause a shield if smashed together in this movie.

Another observation I saw somewhere said that zod's beams are orange and the ones that shot bruce in the trailer are also orange, in comparison to supe's red. Also the nova that goes off after WW is orange as well. Some more evidence it's Doomsday/Zombie Zod or whatever.

Odoul

That trailer has me thinking that the bad guy of the movie might be a twist on Bizarro.

Something about that shot where Clark is kneeling to Lex is off.

MoS Clark has been bullied his whole life and he just doesn't strike me as the type to bow to anybody.

Evo X

That trailer has me thinking that the bad guy of the movie might be a twist on Bizarro.

Something about that shot where Clark is kneeling to Lex is off.

MoS Clark has been bullied his whole life and he just doesn't strike me as the type to bow to anybody.

He'll kneel if Lex has Kryptonite or one of his friends hostage.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The entire desert sequence seems like a dream where Bruce dreams about a world in which Superman has gone rogue, could be cool and plays into Batman extreme paranoia.

Raptor

I watched the trailer at least 50 times now.

Does anyone find it strange that we havent heard a single Superman line in this trailers released?

Is weird as hell to me, he is the lead and we havent heard him speak at all.

Raptor

And that is what I was thinking, even in this trailer it seems more about what Batman will do againts this "Alien Enemy" and not what Superman will do to overcome all of this.

Me being a Supes stan of course I feel a little bad about all of this marketing trying to put Superman into an enemy, even all the expressions we see of him are him being mad like mad against the workd and ready to bring death and destruction and need to be put down, I dont like that at all.

I really hope the movie makes him grand and a symbol of hope like he is supose to, I dont like seeing him mad all the time.

Maybe I worry too much and is just a trailer of a long movie lol.

Penguin

Really?

My read of this movie is that it centers around Superman. Every plot thread introduced so far seems to connect back to Superman.

Senator/hearing on MoS ending? Superman
Luthor's distrust? Superman
Batman's seething rage? Superman

Really?

My read of this movie is that it centers around Superman. Every plot thread introduced so far seems to connect back to Superman.

But that makes it feel like Superman is a plot point for the other characters instead of a character himself. Clark/Superman gets ONE sentence the entire trailer and it's off screen over Batman footage. It's like a trailer for a disaster movie (which is probably intentional) and saying the tornado is the main character.

Raptor

Really?

All I see is batman this and batman that and what he will do against this Superman.

I guess I need to calm down lol, and have faith, but you know Snyder is known to have a hard on on Batman and this trailers are making Batman look incredible badass and making Superman look like an enemy thats all Im saying.

Batman stuff has more to show, simple as that. He's got a new actor, a new Alfred, (three) new suits, a Batplane, a Batmobile, Bat-Gadgets, and flashback to his parents dying.

By contrast, there's nothing new to market Superman alone with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom