• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Hope this doesn't box them in on doing more with the character in the future with another actor. Snyder's son isn't an actor right? He's mainly used as for side parts where he's just there but doesn't have dialogue right?

What if Dead Robin gives up Batman's identity to Joker while being tortured and the News paper with Joker scribble is actually from the Joker to his favorite pen pal.

He played young Rorschach I believe.

Young Leonidas as well.

Hope this doesn't box them in on doing more with the character in the future with another actor. Snyder's son isn't an actor right? He's mainly used as for side parts where he's just there but doesn't have dialogue right?

I doubt Eli (his son) would actually get the main role. He's going to UCLA playing football and studying film, far too busy for an actual role.

Firemind

I watched Man of Steel for the first time last night and I thought it was a great blockbuster film. He tried to save people a few times as both Superman and not-Superman, so I'm not sure why people complained about his lack of sympathy. Yeah, he was a bit reckless at times. They were going to kill his mom and he never received any proper combat training.

Jonathan wasn't the asshole people painted him as. I thought his reasoning was sound considering Clark was still mentally vulnerable as a child and teenager. He needed to grow up as a human being. Lois' role was handled pretty well I thought. Her 'exposé' was actually a great way to tell Clark's heroic deeds. And goddamn, Clark is one attractive looking dude. They even made a joke about it.

I do have a number of minor complaints however.

1. If Jor-El was able to get inside Zod's ship's mainframe, why didn't he simply hack it Independance Day style? He could change the ship's atmosphere, so I would think he could sabotage something. Instead he lectured his son on sculpting his own future and threw him in front of the lions. Geez, thanks, dad.
2. So the master plan is to use Clark's old scout ship and collide it with Zod's ship to create a temporary black hole. Wait, is that really the wisest course of action? I suppose Jor-El is a brilliant scientist, so we'll just have to trust him on this.
3. The scene where Clark fights the World Engine was beyond dumb. He got caught a few times but it never really mattered. Then the tentacles threw him inside the World Engine's radius, which is as stupid as Unicron swallowing the Matrix.
4. The third act in general was pretty weak I thought. Not a moment did I hesitate Clark would beat Zod, especially since they hammered the fact that Clark was naturally born and Zod was genetically engineered. Not even when Zod gained his flight ability. Also, the moment when Zod tries to kill cornered people and Clark goes noooooo don't make me do it, snaps his neck and cries? LOL that might be the only part where I agree with the naysayers. He killed a shitton of people in the film. Accidentally, sure, but killed directly or indirectly nonetheless.
5. Faora was badass. Why couldn't we see more of her? Every time she was onscreen I went ohshit. Screw Zod. U da real mvp.

I watched Man of Steel for the first time last night and I thought it was a great blockbuster film. He tried to save people a few times as both Superman and not-Superman, so I'm not sure why people complained about his lack of sympathy. Yeah, he was a bit reckless at times. They were going to kill his mom and he never received any proper combat training.

Jonathan wasn't the asshole people painted him as. I thought his reasoning was sound considering Clark was still mentally vulnerable as a child and teenager. He needed to grow up as a human being. Lois' role was handled pretty well I thought. Her 'exposé' was actually a great way to tell Clark's heroic deeds. And goddamn, Clark is one attractive looking dude. They even made a joke about it.

I do have a number of minor complaints however.

1. If Jor-El was able to get inside Zod's ship's mainframe, why didn't he simply hack it Independance Day style? He could change the ship's atmosphere, so I would think he could sabotage something. Instead he lectured his son on sculpting his own future and threw him in front of the lions. Geez, thanks, dad.
2. So the master plan is to use Clark's old scout ship and collide it with Zod's ship to create a temporary black hole. Wait, is that really the wisest course of action? I suppose Jor-El is a brilliant scientist, so we'll just have to trust him on this.
3. The scene where Clark fights the World Engine was beyond dumb. He got caught a few times but it never really mattered. Then the tentacles threw him inside the World Engine's radius, which is as stupid as Unicron swallowing the Matrix.
4. The third act in general was pretty weak I thought. Not a moment did I hesitate Clark would beat Zod, especially since they hammered the fact that Clark was naturally born and Zod was genetically engineered. Not even when Zod gained his flight ability. Also, the moment when Zod tries to kill cornered people and Clark goes noooooo don't make me do it, snaps his neck and cries? LOL that might be the only part where I agree with the naysayers. He killed a shitton of people in the film. Accidentally, sure, but killed directly or indirectly nonetheless.
5. Faora was badass. Why couldn't we see more of her? Every time she was onscreen I went ohshit. Screw Zod. U da real mvp.

1. They show that Zod's command key has the ability to over ride Digital Jor-El
3. TBF the world engine's MO is to smash intruders with it's transformium Claws and if that doesn't work put the enemy underneath itself and let the gravity well beneath it smash it to bits. It had no understanding of a fully powered Kryptonian

BadAss2961

According to Mayimbe, Snyder's son is playing the dead robin in the film. Really odd considering a Red Hood film/adaptation is rumored.

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/7/22/so-who-is-playing-dead-robin-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
I'm almost positive this rumor goes way back. Like back during filming when Zack tweeted some pics of the kid, might've been in his 18th birthday or something. It makes sense because Snyder likes putting him in his movies, kid's been in shape since he was little.

This is an educated guess from Mayimbe.

Fuck
Red
Hood

Fuck him.

I have never read any of his stuff from before the Nu52. The entirety of my experience with the character is limited to:

-Under the Red Hood
-RHatO
-Red Hood/Arsenal

And some appearances during bat-family crossovers.

I like him. He's a pretty cool guy, shoots baddies and doesn't afraid of anything. I'm sure that some of his older stuff is crap, but he's pretty fun these days.

ReiGun

Fuck
Red
Hood

Fuck him.

I'm convinced they brought Jason back just to troll writers as they struggle to find something worthwhile to do with him. On some "figure this shit out" stuff.

Under the Red Hood is pretty much the only story about the character worth telling.

Kurtofan

CJzHAU5WgAAfa0m.jpg

Per Clay Enos.

my canon bats

Ahasverus

You guys have any confirmation about the reasons for the recent ourdoor "shootings"? Was it reshoots? Leto scenes? I'm a bit worried by scenes filmed this far, I thought there was a rough cut of the film already.

Loxley

Can this movie please just come out so I don't have to endure nine more months of people whining about how "terrible" Batfleck looks based on crappy EW promo shots?

"Batman has no neck" is the new "Cavill is balding".

a916

Can this movie please just come out so I don't have to endure nine more months of people whining about how "terrible" Batfleck looks based on crappy EW promo shots?

"Batman has no neck" is the new "Cavill is balding".

I'm tired of the waaahh wahhh why would they ever fight, blah blah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom