• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psykoboy2

Haha don't worry. He should not back per se, it's that, there is a rumor that has been around forever about this movie and this super candid interview just confirmed it. If you don't get it then it's better for your enjoyment, probably.

I'm not familiar with the rumor, actually. Can you spoiler tag it?

Ahasverus

...why would shannon have to wear flipper hands?
In movie slang this is a flipper
d1417e92b2ab21231196b50a15b99224.jpg

?

Mariolee

So that pretty much confirms the rumor. Pretty hyped but I kinda wish
they saved Doomsday for a Death of Superman movie, but whatever. Guess the Tim Burton version scared WB into never looking into doing that specific story again.

they saved Doomsday for a Death of Superman movie, but whatever. Guess the Tim Burton version scared WB into never looking into doing that specific story again.

I've felt doomsday was invented to just kill Superman, rather than being an interesting character on his own. There's better villains to take up movie slots, Brainiac is probably a lock, I'd love a warworld movie, Metallo could be a contender. They might just make a new god movie as well.

So I wonder how much of his face he'll use. I want him to look more monstrous than human.

I've felt doomsday was invented to just kill Superman, rather than being an interesting character on his own. There's better villains to take up movie slots, Brainiac is probably a lock, I'd love a warworld movie, Metallo could be a contender. They might just make a new god movie as well.

So I wonder how much of his face he'll use. I want him to look more monstrous than human.

Yeah this is a perfect fit IMO there's way more villains that deserve to headline a movie.

DaveH

The WB skips one THR Executive roundtable two years ago because of the studio-head changes and THR has been predicting the WB's demise ever since... rumoring the WB was to be sold (a year later, no sale), that the executives are being culled (a year later, same team), and now, the WB is under-performing (except they're more profitable this year than in the last two). The fact that Universal has 160% growth over last year has little to do with WB's success or failure, it's absurd to use overall rank as a measure of success with a performance swing like that.

It's a little hard to pretend they're not personally after Tsujihara when their in-line commissioned illustration for the article is the WB Water Tower pissing on their top executive.

hzYVHrL.jpg

I almost wish he hadn't been baited into responding, but last time they were silent THR ran a feature on how the DCCU was collapsing for lack of a Kevin Feige and plan; that had to be defused by Silverman (and later for Empire and Entertainment Weekly articles to prove wrong).

Basically, what do you do if a major trade is trolling you?

That said, it is a long road to BvS....

8/28 - We Are Your Friends
9/18 - Black Mass
9/25 - The Intern
10/9 - Pan
10/30 - Our Brand Is Crisis
11/13 - The 33
11/25 - Creed
12/11 - In the Heart of the Sea
12/25 - Point Break (2015)
2/12 - How to Be Single
2/19 - Barbershop 3
3/18 - Midnight Special
3/25 - Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

“So I had these wax flippers on my fingers, and I couldn’t open the door, and I could hear Zack [Snyder, the director] being like, 'Where’s Shannon? Where the fuck is he?' and the whole crew was standing around. I was like, knocking on the door with my flippers, 'Let me out of here!'”

This part had me dying.

Tales from my ass: I think it's like 99% done, just constant adjustments to the CGI and maybe some re editing based on internal feedback. WB is treating this as their golden egg, they're going to keep polishing it until they have to put it out.

Tales from my ass: I think it's like 99% done, just constant adjustments to the CGI and maybe some re editing based on internal feedback. WB is treating this as their golden egg, they're going to keep polishing it until they have to put it out.

There's also the scheduling thing to consider; the gap between MoS and BvS was largely unavoidable, but now that they're ramping up they're going to want a constant stream of films.

It's been 84 years...

I just wish it wasn't such a drypatch right now. I guess Vixen is next week, but Flash and Arrow will start soon. No more animated movies or games this year :(.

There's also the scheduling thing to consider; the gap between MoS and BvS was largely unavoidable, but now that they're ramping up they're going to want a constant stream of films.

Yup, it's the calm before the storm. The output from everybody in the next 5 years is amazing.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Can't blame them, this movie has to work. Not just financially, it will basically print money. No worries there, the critics and the audience have to like it if this is going to be their stepping stone.

guek

Banned

WB has been searching for a franchise to fill the void since the mainline Harry Potter films ended. I don't think they thought DC would be the answer back when MoS came out but it feels like they're going on all in now that we're in the golden age of super hero movies.

No it basically just has to work financially.

Nah. MoS worked financially. What they need to do is sell audiences on the whole cinematic universe, get people's butts in seats further down the line, even in the "smaller" movies. Sort of like how Thor 2 was reasonably successful despite being pretty mediocre (at best), it got carried on the back of the rest of the 'verse.

Dead

well not really...yet
Preach

You can bet they're either focus testing the shit out of it, or have some kind of think tank making sure everything lines up nicely. This movie may have been "done" for over a year, but major work is likely still being done.
Wouldn't be surprised if they were going over every line in the movie with a fine tooth comb, ensuring there is no Goyer left in it whatsoever and making adjustments. Surely multiple screenings as well. DC probably feels the movie needs to not only be a hit financially, but needs to be recognized as superlatively superior than anything Marvel has put out.

There's a theory I've seen that
Superman may "die" in this movie, leading to the League being formed to fill the void, and that he'll be revived in Justice League Part Two

IconGrist

I don't think anyone at WB would entertain the idea of the first Justice League movie ever made not containing Superman in a prominent role.

I see we've reached the Goyer hate stage of the cycle

I'm a bit more sympathetic to Goyer because I enjoyed his movies as a kid and I enjoyed JSA (but it's unknown how much he vs robinson/johns actually wrote), but his humor is a bit dated. I think he's creative and has good ideas but he needs a filter.

I'm still surprised people don't think this movie will sell a ton, if only for the reason Batman is in it. Batman is legion, the Nolan films speak volume for the box office and Arkham games sell a ton. Injustice did really really good for a fighting game. I don't usually care about sales talk but I really want this film to do well to get people to see Wonder Woman & Squad.

There's a theory I've seen that
Superman may "die" in this movie, leading to the League being formed to fill the void, and that he'll be revived in Justice League Part Two

I'm probably putting too much faith in Faraci at this point but he said you could piece together the major plot points through the trailers pretty easily, there isn't a ton of huge surprises. I think WB wants to play it by the numbers and do a standard super hero story, atleast for the forming of the Justice League.

E the Shaggy

Superman may get a little furious for his next solo film.

That’s because Mad Max: Fury Road director George Miller is rumored to helm Man of Steel 2. The rumor comes from another Superman director, of sorts-- Jon Schnepp, who just released the documentary The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? Appearing on the latest episode of PopCorn Talk, Schnepp said, with confidence, that Mad Max’s Miller would direct Superman's next sequel.

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/21/george-miller-reportedly-directing-man-of-steel-2/

Please Based Miller, save us.

Dead

well not really...yet
With Snyder busy with Justice League 1 and 2, I doubt he would go back to do Superman 2, so I believe a new director is likely

Would be pretty awesome if it is Miller though, especially since he was attached to the DC movies for so long without anything happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom