• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmzOfEl.jpg

the MOS suit was incredible. Its put to rest any doubts for the Batfleck design

It looks terrible. Might as well make all costumes black. Anyway, that doesn't really matter since the movie itself turned out to be bad.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I keep thinking that the only reason Ben Affleck was cast as Batman was because his jaw is exactly the same as the old Batman of The Dark Knight Returns.

Ein Bear

I know it sounds ridiculous but I keep thinking that the only reason Ben Affleck was cast as Batman was because his jaw is exactly the same as the old Batman of The Dark Knight Returns.

That's what makes him such a good choice IMO, 'Batman' is a pretty easy role to play, you just need to have a good jaw and be able to act stern. It's Bruce Wayne that's the tricky part, and if anyone can do 'goofball that nobody would ever believe is Batman', it's Affleck.

Acrylic7

It looks terrible. Might as well make all costumes black. Anyway, that doesn't really matter since the movie itself turned out to be bad.

They wont listen. Some people see no problem with an iconic suit being tampered with and made Navy and Burgundy, instead of Red and Blue.He doesn't look heroic at all. Trying to be dark and serious. The writing plus the actor didn't help either.
This movie was a joke. By the end of the film I left the theater with a bald spot from the intense head scratching.

Penguin

Not to be one of THOSE people

But aren't there better threads to push an anti-Man of Steel agenda?
Like if you want to complain about it, it's fine, but does it need to be in the hype thread for the next film?

effzee

Like if you want to complain about it, it's fine, but does it need to be in the hype thread for the next film?

But then how would people be able to tell those who enjoyed the movie or are looking forward to the next one that their tastes are inferior?

But then how would people be able to tell those who enjoyed the movie or are looking forward to the next one that their tastes are inferior?

This thread is about an up coming movie. If they wanna talk about taste or about how horrible the last one is, go to the movie thread or make a new thread.

MisterHero

To be fair everyone's wrong. Those supporting the new suit. Those supporting old ideas.

The best thing that can happen to the costume is if it gets the red trunks. Then it would be perfect.

The red trunks can save us all.

IconGrist

I like that MoS was polarizing. Though I do get the feeling that a significant chunk of MoS haters are comprised of "if it ain't Marvel it's garbage" watchers and "if it ain't Reeve's it's garbage" watchers. The rest have valid complaints whose opinion I can understand but I feel like they make up a small portion.

Anyways, I hope we get something solid soon. All this speculative nonsense is growing older by the day.

Wiktor

Jesus Christ. Some people are shitting even on Supes costume? What? Lack of panties outside is hurting so much? ;)

MoS had plenty of problems, but the costume wasn't one of them. The whole Superman actually wasn't. He looked and moved incredible.

Mario007

Jesus Christ. Some people are shitting even on Supes costume? What? Lack of panties outside is hurting so much? ;)

MoS had plenty of problems, but the costume wasn't one of them. The whole Superman actually wasn't. He looked and moved incredible.

They absolutely nailed the portrayal and look of Superman in MoS. I couldn't actually picture him getting transposed to the big screen in any other way.

Sephzilla

I like how people feel the need to crap over Man of Steel even though it's still better than the last three Superman movies we've had.

MisterHero

Never bet against the classics. Superman and his red trunks are classics.

nvr_frget_red_trunksk6snc.jpg

ReiGun

Some people are legit bothered by the fact that others enjoyed MoS. Like, they seethe at the idea. Even as someone who thought it was pretty bad overall myself, it's just strange to watch. MoS wasn't the worst movie ever. Wasn't even the worst superhero ever. Wasn't even the worst Superman movie ever - a title still held firmly by Superman IV. And yet, here we are, almost a year after its release and people are still angry about it, and ready to reject the notion that there was any aspect of the movie that the director and crew got right. And damned if they're not going to let everyone know.

Yeah it should have been more like this:

fjW4Py7l.jpg

And it was barely muted, the colours were vivid in most scenes:

9FbIkl7.jpg

Most importantly, it looked suitably alien.

Wiktor

I like how people feel the need to crap over Man of Steel even though it's still better than the last three Superman movies we've had.

It's mostly Marvel fanboys. Because only Marvel can make a good superhero movie. Everything else sucks. Even Marvel properties suck if they're not done by Marvel itself. Nevermind that Marvel hits gold like 1 time out of 3.

When I look at some threads it feels like many people actually want stuff like Amazing Spiderman 2, XMen: DofP, Batman vs Superman of Fantastic Four to fail. They act like having a great superhero movie from studio other than Marvel would actually be a bad thing.

Sephzilla

It's mostly Marvel fanboys. Because only Marvel can make a good superhero movie. Everything else sucks. Even Marvel properties suck if they're not done by Marvel itself. Nevermind that Marvel hits gold like 1 time out of 3.

When I look at some threads it feels like many people actually want stuff like Amazing Spiderman 2, XMen: DofP, Batman vs Superman of Fantastic Four to fail. They act like having a great superhero movie from studio other than Marvel would actually be a bad thing.

I won't lie, there's a part of me that wants DOFP and ASM2 to bomb just to accelerate the hopes that Marvel proper gets the rights back. They overall just generally seem to have "it" more figured out than Sony or Fox. Bad Marvel Studios movies tend to be better than bad Sony/Fox Marvel movies. Fox in particular seems to stumble onto good movies.

Sephzilla

It does. Returns is fantastic.

I don't know if I'd use fantastic. But I enjoyed watching it. The thing is, it's the type of movie that I'll watch once and not have much ambition to see again. Eye candy wise it's not really prone to revisiting.

Mario007

I actually hate this, because due to these people I've actually subconsciously started to dislike Marvel movies and want them to fail despite actually enjoying my ride up until Avengers. I've seen the first 10 minutes of Thor 2 like 5 times and just can't get into the movie because I persuaded myself that it is shit and am barely excited for Cap 2. Having said that, Iroman 3 sucking certainly didn't help.

Mario007

I won't lie, there's a part of me that wants DOFP and ASM2 to bomb just to accelerate the hopes that Marvel proper gets the rights back. They overall just generally seem to have "it" more figured out than Sony or Fox. Bad Marvel Studios movies tend to be better than bad Sony/Fox Marvel movies. Fox in particular seems to stumble onto good movies.

To be fair, IM2 is about the same level of awful as SM3 and Captain America and Thor certainly weren't any better than ASM1.

Penguin

Some people are legit bothered by the fact that others enjoyed MoS. Like, they seethe at the idea. Even as someone who thought it was pretty bad overall myself, it's just strange to watch. MoS wasn't the worst movie ever. Wasn't even the worst superhero ever. Wasn't even the worst Superman movie ever - a title still held firmly by Superman IV. And yet, here we are, almost a year after its release and people are still angry about it, and ready to reject the notion that there was any aspect of the movie that the director and crew got right. And damned if they're not going to let everyone know.

Oh I know

I still see it on Tumblr and Twitter.

I find the hatred for this film unique because I've never seen such hate be long-lasting and constant.

In the sense that people need to often remind you they hate this film, and explain in great detail why you shouldn't either

MisterHero

they're just jelly of the badass wreckage.

i expect avengers 2 will end with both the avengers and ultron's army tiptoeing around manhattan. also, giant man

I thought people generally didn't mind Man of Steel until I read all the internet hate. I thought it was worth it for the action scenes, I guess it helps I'm not a huge Superman fan.

LosDaddie

Banned

Difficult to take posts like this seriously when you have a DC avatar. Same goes for Gaming side when people shit all over xbox and have Sony / Kaz avatars.

I actually hate this, because due to these people I've actually subconsciously started to dislike Marvel movies and want them to fail despite actually enjoying my ride up until Avengers. I've seen the first 10 minutes of Thor 2 like 5 times and just can't get into the movie because I persuaded myself that it is shit and am barely excited for Cap 2. Having said that, Iroman 3 sucking certainly didn't help.

Stop spending so much time on GAF. Don't let other people influence your decisions.

Dysun

I thought people generally didn't mind Man of Steel until I read all the internet hate. I thought it was worth it for the action scenes, I guess it helps I'm not a huge Superman fan.

They don't dislike the movie, the detractors online have the loudest voices. Audience scores for Man of Steel were positive.

Wiktor

Difficult to take posts like this seriously when you have a DC avatar.

I have an avatar from DC TV show. Big difference :)

Not to mention it doesn't really change the ridiculous hate there is for some nonMarvel movies that we have seen nothing from. Not even a damn picture from the set.

Raiden

Banned
I haven't actually seen MoS yet, but surely it's not too much to ask for both?

There is some truth to that but his comment was just too dumb. Complaining to someone who liked the action in a Superman film. Its pretty much the same as roasting someone because they liked the comedy in The 40 year old Virgin. (first comedy that pops to mind)

ReiGun

I had a bit of this once. I got over it by rewatching the films and reminding myself why I liked them in the first place. Well, the ones I actually did like. Still don't much care for either Thor movie, Incredible Hulk, or Iron Man 2.

Oh I know

I still see it on Tumblr and Twitter.

I find the hatred for this film unique because I've never seen such hate be long-lasting and constant.

In the sense that people need to often remind you they hate this film, and explain in great detail why you shouldn't either
It's fascinating to watch, yeah? I wish I could pinpoint what it is about this movie and the context in which it was released that causes people to have such extreme reactions to it.

I am a huge Superman fan - have been since I was a wee lad - and even I don't catch feelings over MoS like some folks do. I figure one poor Superman flick does nothing to detract from all the good Superman material out there. I mean, my copy of "All Star Superman" didn't exactly burst into flames when MoS came out. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom