• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
For a sec I thought Bats was holding the shield and now I can't stop thinking how good he'd look in that power armor if he had one.

Just noticed something in the latest trailer.
When Clark speaks to Bruce, there are images based on ancient Greece on the wall in the background.

IBFEU0r.png

Maybe it's not something important, but if it is, it's probably related with Wonder Woman. A museum demonstration of findings that are related to Themysicra, maybe?

Loxley

Just noticed something in the latest trailer.
When Clark speaks to Bruce, there are images based on ancient Greece on the wall in the background.

IBFEU0r.png

Maybe it's not something important, but if it is, it's probably related with Wonder Woman. A museum demonstration of findings that are related to Themysicra, maybe?

We know Diana is at that event, so it very well could be.

No reaction in my theater to the trailer.

The trailer is really bad, the music makes it almost a caricature, it reminded me of that car commercial with the rock climbers that kept having action music cut in and out as it focused on the these bombs placed on the mountain they were climbing.

I am a little lost for words ever since the trailer was first released, and for the first time I am very worried about this movie.

This might be one where two years from now Zack says "Production was a mess, the studio pressured me into fitting all these pieces together when I wanted to focus on B V S.

It was a disaster from the start."

There is no way on gods green earth he was happy with that trailer? I can not beleieve s professional studio with so much vested interest allowed something like this to be released. It is one of the worst trailers for a blockbuster I have seen. Has anyone commented on it?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
She's balding, she can't direct and Wonder Woman is too dark

8/10

No reaction in my theater to the trailer.

The trailer is really bad, the music makes it almost a caricature, it reminded me of that car commercial with the rock climbers that kept having action music cut in and out as it focused on the these bombs placed on the mountain they were climbing.

I am a little lost for words ever since the trailer was first released, and for the first time I am very worried about this movie.

This might be one where two years from now Zack says "Production was a mess, the studio pressured me into fitting all these pieces together when I wanted to focus on B V S.

It was a disaster from the start."

There is no way on gods green earth he was happy with that trailer? I can not beleieve s professional studio with so much vested interest allowed something like this to be released. It is one of the worst trailers for a blockbuster I have seen. Has anyone commented on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egpAvLXg5no

Doomsday is legit sliding but the other two are super speed. Their actions are pretty accurate to how the comics portray speedsters, usually they take actions or hold conversations in the window of pico seconds or attoseconds. I think their sudden actions help convey the sense of speed in real time, in contrast to showing the speedster's perception where everything else is super slow.

I've said it before but I think Flash has the potential to have the coolest action scenes out of all super hero movies. Speedsters can do some pretty crazy stuff and I already love the stuff they're doing on the TV show with such a limited budget.

Doomsday is legit sliding but the other two are super speed. Their actions are pretty accurate to how the comics portray speedsters, usually they take actions or hold conversations in the window of pico seconds or attoseconds. I think their sudden actions help convey the sense of speed in real time, in contrast to showing the speedster's perception where everything else is super slow.

I've said it before but I think Flash has the potential to have the coolest action scenes out of all super hero movies. Speedsters can do some pretty crazy stuff and I already love the stuff they're doing on the TV show with such a limited budget.

"Usually."

Attosecond Flash is unusual in how ridiculously over-the-top the timescale got :p

I'm inclined to agree about the portrayal of superspeed, though. We only really "see" them at the beginning and end of the movement, so they seem to slide.

Asbel

How do you hold conversations at attoseconds when sound doesn't travel that fast?

Well, I can't confirm that they're 100% the same molds, but they sure look like it.

They're apparently supposed to be out next week, but I can't find a suggested retail price or any other official info on them...but there's a bunch of listings for them on eBay (at ridiculous prices, of course).

I own the two pack, and the molds and paint work look pretty much identical. Kind of a bummer, cause Batman's eyes are totally fucked, but still cool.

I want the Funko Pops more than anything.

Higher quality version of that German TV spot that was posted the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3smXZy89moA

S0jXleo.gif

I own the two pack, and the molds and paint work look pretty much identical. Kind of a bummer, cause Batman's eyes are totally fucked, but still cool.

I want the Funko Pops more than anything.

Besides the eyes, are the figures fine? Oh, and that Funko Pop! 2-pack from Comic-Con looks great. Some of the coolest ones I've seen.

How come Superman is never wearing boots in his Lego figures?

The one in the Batplane/LexCorp helicopter pack has boots:

But the one that comes with armored Batman doesn't:

But yeah, he usually doesn't have boots on his Lego mini-figures. I noticed it first while playing Lego Batman 2 and 3.

Speaking of Lego's, here's a review of the Batmobile Lego set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuubhegeZPg

I also found a video review of the basic Wonder Woman Mattel figure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nlTyJLheik
And also one for the Epic Strike Batmobile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j1LUqiLoFU

Walmart pages for the basic figures: Batman, Shield Clash Superman, Wonder Woman, Armored Batman, Gauntlet Assault Batman

It looks like the basic ones are $9.99. Apparently the Batmobile is $24.99, and it fits the basic and deluxe figures. It seems that The Flash and Arrow figures from the DC Multiverse line from Mattel are $19.99, and the deluxe Batman v Superman figures are from the same line, so I guess that's their price.

Besides the eyes, are the figures fine? Oh, and that Funko Pop! 2-pack from Comic-Con looks great. Some of the coolest ones I've seen.

I haven't taken them out of the packaging :p the box fx and sounds are too cool. From what I can see, they're solid figures, but like most Mattel figures, the paint jobs could be better. Otherwise I'm pleased.

I haven't taken them out of the packaging :p the box fx and sounds are too cool. From what I can see, they're solid figures, but like most Mattel figures, the paint jobs could be better. Otherwise I'm pleased.

That box looked pretty freakin' sweet from what I saw in videos. Figures sound good. I'll pick up Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman if I can find them.

It looks like the TV Arrow and Flash from the same 6" DC Multiverse series are out now, or should be within the next few days, so I'll pick those up, too. Then I can make up multiverse shenanigans to get a bigger live-action Justice League. Haha.

Edit: People have been finding them at Toys "Я" Us stores. Gonna have to check local ones out soon.

Someone here on NeoGAF found some, too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190180556&postcount=5740

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom