• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Someone said on Twitter that the crowd was laughing throughout the trailer.

A) Complete bullshit

Or

B) a lot of fanboys, can't imagine that regular movie going audiences would react that way.

Maddocks

My batman v superman trailer got some claps at the end and a few YEAH!'s tossed around. Same for Civil War, I think people just wanted it all to end so we can watch star wars lol

But a full theater laughing? no one laughs at trailers anymore unless it says,"From the visionary that brought you Six Sense and Signs. M. NIGHT"

Effect

A) Complete bullshit

Or

B) a lot of fanboys, can't imagine that regular movie going audiences would react that way.

I don't believe people were laughing at all. In all the years I've gone to the movies I've never seen that for a trailer unless it's actually a comedy trailer and a damn funny one. That sounds like an outright lie and complete BS.

Penguin

The only trailer that I think didn't go over well was the Gods of Egypt trailer. That was the case the last time I was in the theater and the first trailer played. People just didn't seem to respond well to it. People were also iffy on the Warcraft trailer as well but to a lesser extent.
Because Gods of Egypt looks like a bad parody of itself
Gawd that movie looks terrible.

The text seems to imply that it will be wide release, but he's getting an early sneak

Ross61

Do ya'll think this movie should be a knock out of the park to silence everyone, or just a great movie that better than MoS?

I just want this to be a great film that's way better than MoS. I don't have too much faith in Zack Snyder, but its been shown that with given a great script he's make a good film. This film just needs to gain interest in the universe and inspire hope for the films. The films afterwords are the ones that should be the competition to Marvel films( although I want both franchises to profit.)

Tabby

Do ya'll think this movie should be a knock out of the park to silence everyone, or just a great movie that better than MoS?

I just want this to be a great film that's way better than MoS. I don't have too much faith in Zack Snyder, but its been shown that with given a great script he's make a good film. This film just needs to gain interest in the universe and inspire hope for the films. The films afterwords are the ones that should be the competition to Marvel films( although I want both franchises to profit.)

I doubt it's going to be a GOAT comic book movie like The Dark Knight or a huge hit like Avengers, just a really good movie that's better than MoS.

Fwiw Ben Affleck's seen it and he was pleased with it so that's something.

I doubt it's going to be a GOAT comic book movie like The Dark Knight or a huge hit like Avengers, just a really good movie that's better than MoS.

Fwiw Ben Affleck's seen it and he was pleased with it so that's something.
An actor saying he's pleased with a movie that he was in, that isn't even out yet, isn't a opinion I put much stake in

Higher resolution version of that Studio Cine Live cover that was posted the other day:
rqWwo9u.png
Mostly textless version:
Cropped:
Facebook cover photo size:

Edit: Last two with added contrast and sharpening, in case anyone prefers that:

Normally I wouldn't add any sharpening, but it was a little fuzzy...but now it has a bit more artifacts...heh. Anyway, I was removing the magazine logo and all of that other stuff off, but it's a little tricky. I'll work more on that later.

Because Gods of Egypt looks like a bad parody of itself
Gawd that movie looks terrible.

The text seems to imply that it will be wide release, but he's getting an early sneak

yeah I think some people on reddit mentioned they got some store samples.

The cereal looks plain, I want some WW cereal! Maybe when her film comes out. Surprised at caramel for superman, I always thought he'd be strawberry or raspberry.

Awaiting the OT thread that derives the movie quality from this cereal.

Simo

A) Complete bullshit

Or

Honestly wouldn't surprise me. It's a terrible trailer that looked a lot worse on the big screen, especially the shot of the 3 of them standing there to over the top generic trailer music, and when partnered with the Civil War trailer which is a much much better trailer.

Wonder Woman and the "clown" line was the only thing I noticed to get any reaction in my showing though.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, like 5 minutes longer than MoS? Cool.

Also, why is no one talking about the score :( haven't heard anything from Snyder, the actors or anyone from WB really. Come on, need dat Zimmer.

Is that correct:

They translated "It's time for you to learn what it means to be a man" to human.

Also, everybody besides Henry Cavill sounds like ass in the german trailer, lol.

And new Affleck line:

In response to "You're gonna go to war"

"That is maybe the only important thing I can do". (It is probably something different, it's a direct translation from me).

IconGrist

Just got back from Star Wars. Saw both the Civil War trailer followed by the latest BvS trailer. Zero reaction to the CW trailer and some light laughs at Eisenberg's entrance in the BvS trailer. The audience was super quiet throughout the whole movie as well. Some claps when the movie ended so probably not a good judge of anything.

Also, I'm not a big Star Wars guy but the movie was really good so if you're on the fence go check it out.

IconGrist

I was watching Collider Movie Talk about the recent posters and John Campea is again concern trolling Gal Gadot. He said he was worried because she hasn't spoken in any of the trailers. But neither has Mercy's actor. We haven't even seen Ray Fisher or Momoa. Is he worried about them? Noooope. He's taken every opportunity to beat on Gal since she was cast.

From superhero hype:
12338576_1516932778600628_485194049_n.jpg

n5hkrp.jpg

Seems like they are inspired by 90's Aquaman. However, that was obvious from the first picture of DCEU's Aquaman.

edit: there is a problem with the link of the second picture. It's a close-up of Aquaman's statue.

I was watching Collider Movie Talk about the recent posters and John Campea is again concern trolling Gal Gadot. He said he was worried because she hasn't spoken in any of the trailers. But neither has Mercy's actor. We haven't even seen Ray Fisher or Momoa. Is he worried about them? Noooope. He's taken every opportunity to beat on Gal since she was cast.

i don't watch these lame youtube movie nerd videos, so i can't really comment on his thoughts.

still it's perfectly normal to have doubts about gadot. she looks great in the role (i had my doubts about it but the poster and that little trailer tease are nice) but the only reference we have of her is in fast and furious. and she's tied with jordana brewster as the least charismatic member of the crew.

makes tyrese look like denzel washington. the concern will be there until march. she seems to really be into the part though so who knows, might be good.

as for ray fisher...that man got great reviews playing muhammad ali on stage. and apparently he's so good he's the frontrunner for ang lee's next film about the boxer. so yeah i'm not as worried about him tbh.

Cade

From superhero hype:
12338576_1516932778600628_485194049_n.jpg

n5hkrp.jpg

Seems like they are inspired by 90's Aquaman. However, that was obvious from the first picture of DCEU's Aquaman.

edit: there is a problem with the link of the second picture. It's a close-up of Aquaman's statue.
I gotchu

xQGE5Vt.jpg

Looks excellent.

ReiGun

I went to a ritzy theater that only plays one trailer before the movie. It was the Civil War trailer, which got no reaction beyond me and my friend arguing about Cap vs Iron Man for like two minutes.

My other friend said she thought the movie looked dumb because Batman and Superman are fighting, but that was about it.

Effect

Campea has had a axe to grind against Gal Gadot from the very start. The thing about Jamie Alexander might very well be part of it too or it might not. What is the case though is he's responded with such vile that one has to wonder why he is so personally offended and willing to use double standards. His stance regarding Gal Gadot has been very insulting in the past. I've always wondered if AMC at the time called him on it. There was a span of a few months where he'd take every opportunity to trash the woman unprovoked when she or BvS wasn't even part of the conversation. Then suddenly he stopped doing it and said he was just hoping it turned out well.

It wasn't even comments about her experience or having doubts about her being able to pull the role off. Those were fine and if he'd kept it to that there wouldn't be a problem. Howevrer he was getting pretty personal about her as a person. That's what was so ugly about it and how often he'd comment on her. He made a point not to go after her looks or body though so I guess in his eyes he what he was doing was okay.

That BS raises it's head now and then since they've moved to Collider. He's just asshole in general though. That's the conclusion I've come away with after watching Movie Talk for so long. The only reason I watch is because of everyone else that's on the shows. I love the days when he's not on the panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom